BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

If Ryan gets a 4 year deal at another club (like Lenihan has done) on double or treble the money we were offering him, you cannot blame the lad for doing what's best for his finances and security.

• Like 6

ryan will be our biggest miss,he`ll be a top player under a decent manager(mowbray ****** him about endlessly),im`e not bothered about rothwell,he`ll be on bournemouths bench for ever and lenihan won`t pull any trees up at boro,the fans will probably turn against him when he gets turned continually by a quick centre forward,we`ve seen it

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ryan will be our biggest miss,he`ll be a top player under a decent manager(mowbray ****** him about endlessly),im`e not bothered about rothwell,he`ll be on bournemouths bench for ever and lenihan won`t pull any trees up at boro,the fans will probably turn against him when he gets turned continually by a quick centre forward,we`ve seen it

Completely agree. Absolutely gutted to be losing Nyambe and for me he will be by far the most difficult of the three to adequately replace. We'll end up having to spend money to bring in an inferior replacement.

Three key assets walking out for nothing though. That's absolutely criminal and Waggott and Mowbray have so much to answer for. Mowbray, has gone, thankfully, but what on earth does Waggott have to do to get the sack?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely agree. Absolutely gutted to be losing Nyambe and for me he will be by far the most difficult of the three to adequately replace. We'll end up having to spend money to bring in an inferior replacement.

Three key assets walking out for nothing though. That's absolutely criminal and Waggott and Mowbray have so much to answer for. Mowbray, has gone, thankfully, but what on earth does Waggott have to do to get the sack?

indeed,spent time and money nurturing two academy players,get them to the first team then let them go for free,bad business and not how a proper club should be run,clubs like us rely on bringing players through then selling them on

• Like 1

• Backroom

Really disappointed. Understandable though with Rovers-tinted glasses removed. Ryan knows better than anybody here how the club runs and is operated. The fact he and Lenihan chose to leave in spite of the JDT new dawn suggests they still have huge doubts over the long-term ambition and viability of the club as a genuine promotion prospect - and after so many years of playing for a Venky's owned Rovers who can really blame them?

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up and how he performs. Biggest question marks against him were his injury record and lack of assists. Curious to see if either will improve for him elsewhere.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Work under competent, interested owners presumably, not that they would have appointed him. 

Presumably heavy budget cuts from the owners have had no impact.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There’s a freebie right back at Derby who is out of contract who is head and shoulders better than Nyambe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Really disappointed. Understandable though with Rovers-tinted glasses removed. Ryan knows better than anybody here how the club runs and is operated. The fact he and Lenihan chose to leave in spite of the JDT new dawn suggests they still have huge doubts over the long-term ambition and viability of the club as a genuine promotion prospect - and after so many years of playing for a Venky's owned Rovers who can really blame them?

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up and how he performs. Biggest question marks against him were his injury record and lack of assists. Curious to see if either will improve for him elsewhere.

Boro are no more favourites for promotion than Rovers and imo it’s not an ambitious move for a Lenihan and if Nyambe knobs off to Stoke again it’s not a club with serious ambition anymore

• Like 2

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Boro are no more favourites for promotion than Rovers and imo it’s not an ambitious move for a Lenihan and if Nyambe knobs off to Stoke again it’s not a club with serious ambition anymore

We'll see how things pan out. Just saying that these lads have had to deal with playing under a club owned by Venky's for a long time and may no longer trust that the owners will ever get it right, even if they do appear on the surface to be moving in the right direction. Personally I can't blame them for that.

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Or….they can get more money elsewhere, just like Lucas Neil did.

I have no doubt money plays a part in it, probably a large part, but I do wonder how much more the likes of Boro could be offering Lenihan in comparison to whatever it is we were offering. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

There’s a freebie right back at Derby who is out of contract who is head and shoulders better than Nyambe 

I'm very pleased to hear it. How nice for them.

Even taking your word on this lad's ability though, it's of no relevance whatsoever to us unless he ends up here though is it?

• Like 1

I think it's a real shame he's decided to move on, he's been with us since he was 13.

Strong, solid, quick, good defensively. Yes, he wasn't that great in the final third but I always thought with the right coaching and a bit of confidence that aspect of his game could be improved.

We'll miss his strength and pace, particularly from attacking corners as he was always our last man and rarely did he get caught out on the counter.

Let's hope GB and the scouting team can replace those attributes before the season starts.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Boro are no more favourites  in your eyes only.

In the real world,  they are at least half the price of Rovers to be promoted because the majority of people disagree with you.

Since the start of June, they’ve shortened in price whilst we have lengthened. 

Edited by Hasta

12 hours ago, ChrisyG said:

I think it's a real shame he's decided to move on, he's been with us since he was 13.

Strong, solid, quick, good defensively. Yes, he wasn't that great in the final third but I always thought with the right coaching and a bit of confidence that aspect of his game could be improved.

We'll miss his strength and pace, particularly from attacking corners as he was always our last man and rarely did he get caught out on the counter.

Let's hope GB and the scouting team can replace those attributes before the season starts.

It makes me smile when people criticise his positional play. He plays where he’s told to play, just like every other player in a pro football team. Nobody plays just where they feel like it. Of all the defenders at Ewood he was the one I’d least like to play up against.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Boro are no more favourites  in your eyes only.

In the real world,  they are at least half the price of Rovers to be promoted because the majority of people disagree with you.

Since the start of June, they’ve shortened in price whilst we have lengthened. 

Pray tell then are they better than us ? No they are not they screwed up a chance of promotion worse than Mowbray did for us last season and flatter to deceive.

Its no good relying on bookies odds they don’t get it right a lot of the time do they ?

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Its no good relying on bookies odds they don’t get it right a lot of the time do they ?

The reason Boro 's price is shortening and ours is lengthening is because more people fancy Boro to get promoted at 7/2 than us at 13/2. 

Of course that doesn't mean it will happen. But to say Boro are generally not favourites ahead of Rovers for promotion is wrong.

• Backroom
6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Lol, if this was the case there wouldn't be any bookies in existence. More often than not their odds are more or less accurate, which is why the house wins more often than it loses, but there will always be occasions when they screw up - for example BBD last season. 

On 24/06/2022 at 18:43, roversfan99 said:

Will you not be singing about what a greedy bastard he is too?

Hmmm

Which is worse?

A. Joining in with an away crowd singing a “tongue in cheek” song about a player leaving the club

B. regularly posting about how players “should be sold” because “they’re obviously not good enough”

Answers on a post card.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DE. said:

Lol, if this was the case there wouldn't be any bookies in existence. More often than not their odds are more or less accurate, which is why the house wins more often than it loses, but there will always be occasions when they screw up - for example BBD last season. 

No, the house wins more often than it loses because the odds are specifically designed to make that happen whatever the outcome, based on what people bet.

I'm led to believe there is still hope of Nyambe signing and Rovers offer is still on the table. As previously mentioned by Mowbray, Nyambe's agent seems to be the issue and unsurprisingly no club has reached the levels of wages he's asking for.

The story about him not signing came after Rich Sharpe was pushing Waggott for an answer regarding Ryan's future. I've been told he's used this "not signing" story as a way to force the agents hand one way or another. Waggott notified Nyambe of what he was going to inform Rich Sharpe and remained "relaxed" about the situation. 

8 hours ago, AJohnson said:

I'm led to believe there is still hope of Nyambe signing and Rovers offer is still on the table. As previously mentioned by Mowbray, Nyambe's agent seems to be the issue and unsurprisingly no club has reached the levels of wages he's asking for.

The story about him not signing came after Rich Sharpe was pushing Waggott for an answer regarding Ryan's future. I've been told he's used this "not signing" story as a way to force the agents hand one way or another. Waggott notified Nyambe of what he was going to inform Rich Sharpe and remained "relaxed" about the situation. 

Why would a newspaper story about him not signing force the agent's hand? Especially when he has told the player what he was leaking, making it an obvious ruse?

If anything it just tips off clubs to his continued availability.

Edited by bluebruce