BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

On 04/07/2022 at 20:50, 1864roverite said:

Not unless he has a change of attitude 👍

I hadn't seen this post. 

"Attitude" seems an interesting choice of word.   Do you mean as simple as a 'change of heart' or 'change of mind' whereby he would decide that the offer (no-one knows for sure if it's good, bad or otherwise) by Rovers was acceptable and he would therefore re-sign?  Or was it a more deliberate use of the word "Attitude" to imply the offer from Rovers might no longer be there unless something changes.... whatever that may be?

• Like 3

So it really does look like Mowbray and Venus have been doing a good job of getting our players ready for the bright lights of Smogland.

Agent Tony the humble honest ( you'll get bigger wages at boro lads) nice guy.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-middlesbrough-set-to-sign-ex-blackburn-rovers-man/

Nyambe going to Boro according to this. They play 3 at the back so im not sure its a club that he suits but suppose its about money so fair enough.

They also have Jones at right wing back who is a key player.

Jones is by far a better attacking player but Nyambe is a better defender. 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jones is by far a better attacking player but Nyambe is a better defender. 

I dont think Nyambe suits being a wing back as he is hopeless going forward. The alternative would be right centre back which perhaps suits him more but it seems a well stacked position. Wilder said the other day that it will be McNair and Dijksteel competing for that place whereas they had Tommy Smith on trial as a sub wing so I presume that Nyambe will be seen as a wing back, in which case its an odd signing.

• Like 1

nyambe was supposed to be signing for west brom,he`s got more chance of getting promoted there than at middlesboro,bruce has assembled a formidable bunch with a lot of firepower,he`s made some good signings so far this season and he`s done it all before,compared to wilder he`s a superior manager (don`t like him much though!!)

• Like 1

It would be hugely frustrating to lose both Nyambe and Lenihan to Boro. Thanks to Mowbray we've had to endure their cast offs, players past their sell-by-date and Ayala who is only fit about 30% of the season. Meanwhile they snag two of our first team for free, who we developed for many years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It would be hugely frustrating to lose both Nyambe and Lenihan to Boro. Thanks to Mowbray we've had to endure their cast offs, players past their sell-by-date and Ayala who is only fit about 30% of the season. Meanwhile they snag two of our first team for free, who we developed for many years.

Doesn't look like coincidence does it?

• Like 5

Chris Wilder took the Championship by storm with his overlapping centre backs. I can really see Nyambe fitting into this system if Wilder is playing three at the back. I think he is suited to a three as evidenced by his performance against West Brom and several times for Namibia.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Doesn't look like coincidence does it?

I wonder what the 'agent' fee split is.

Oh .... I don't believe in coincidence.

The next kick in the gonads will be the date of Ryan's first senior goal... it's coming ...

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Why am i so annoyed at Boro taking our better players and don't have to pay us anything. 🤬

It's already so difficult to strengthen our team from last season and now we have to first replace those players we have lost first, then we can strengthen the team.

It's such a big ask of JDT this season to build a team who can challenge for a playoff spot. I just hope all of us (including myself) have patience. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Don't forget Pears as well.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, I wonder which one of their duds they cant wait to get rid of will be coming this way as "compensation" if Nyambe completes a move there?

We'll take them though, right? 

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, I wonder which one of their duds they cant wait to get rid of will be coming this way as "compensation" if Nyambe completes a move there?

I think they'll try and give us Hayden Coulson. Young left back, can play left mid too, surplus to requirements.

Whoever it is, I fully expect the hierarchy to accept it due to the love in they seem to have with Boro. Only Broughton or JDT telling them to get lost can put a stop to it, imo.