BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nyambe has deserved to start in quite a few games where he didn't. Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Whether that happened through intentional victimisation, idiotic management, or Nyambe being a nice humble lad who rarely kicks up a fuss so he is often the one to make way for whoever the manager feels the need to wedge in...it's still mismanagement, it's still unfair on Nyambe, and it only makes sense that he would have wanted to move away from Mowbray.

(I'm aware the humble lad scenario could be resolved by the player kicking up a fuss rather than leaving, which is a form of standing up for himself anyway, but I've certainly met people who would rather quietly leave a place, situation or person than confront it)

He has only failed to start this season in 3 games whereby he has been fit and available, one of which saw the debut of a new signing, one of which we won 4-1 and one in which we kept the same team that won 4-1. This season, when he has been fit, he has almost always started.

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has only failed to start this season in 3 games whereby he has been fit and available, one of which saw the debut of a new signing, one of which we won 4-1 and one in which we kept the same team that won 4-1. This season, when he has been fit, he has almost always started.

Selective reasoning. We are not talking about just this season, but a pattern of selection which, if I were Nyambe, would certainly piss me off. The damage was done before this season IMO. And it ignores the times he was subbed off in favour of some non-RB or other.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry Chaddy.

I meant your source that he'd only come back to us because a move had broken down.

Its was my opinion 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Brown needs regular football, how can we be sure that he is capable of being back up to a fairly injury prone full back (if he re-signs) and how is it good for him to play here and there?

The same with Vale, he couldn't score regularly at Halifax, he needs to go and get regular game time in the football league, not make up the numbers with no evidence that either is up to standard.

Brown and Vale should be part of our first team squad for next season if it my decision. Vale is scoring goals for fun. He needs bringing through and playing. Did you much of Halifax spell? 

Brown is 23 years old BTW and he should be challenging for the right back spot

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's my opinion. If I had some 'inside information' I would have said that in my post

For me, We don't need any right back signing if Nyambe re-signs. Plus we got James Brown has his back up and challenge for the right back spot. 

The LT this morning is reported that Nyambe's agent has re enter talks 

Well why didn’t you include “it’s my opinion” in your post. Your statement read as fact! My opinion is that he’s about to enter talks with Barcelona.

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Well why didn’t you include “it’s my opinion” in your post. Your statement read as fact! My opinion is that he’s about to enter talks with Barcelona.

It’s a message board, every post is someone’s opinion. It’s a given and doesn’t need to be clarified. This definitely isn’t something that should be triggering people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spartakfenni said:

I'm already explained and I see K-Hod has already reply. 

I will just add, Every post is my opinion unless I stated otherwise like I said with the Lancs Live article. 

On 06/05/2022 at 10:05, K-Hod said:

It’s a message board, every post is someone’s opinion. It’s a given and doesn’t need to be clarified. This definitely isn’t something that should be triggering people.

When someone is clear that an action has taken place it’s more than an opinion. Basically what you’re saying is take every message as someone’s fantasy as what is really happening. 

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

When someone is clear that an action has taken place it’s more than an opinion. Basically what you’re saying is take every message as someone’s fantasy as what is really happening. 

I’m basically saying that nobody on the internet should be triggering you that much.

Mowbray urges Nyambe to sign on for Rovers... by calling out his game flaws: 

"I feel for him, I love him to bits, I’ve been with him for over five years, he’s like a son. What are you doing? I feel as though he needs to stay, and grow, and learn, be better at bending that ball down the line, at chipping it to the back stick, getting to the byline and cutting it back for the striker to tap it in, I just hope he’s making the right choices."

11 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

"I feel for him, I love him to bits, I’ve been with him for over five years, he’s like a son. What are you doing? I feel as though he needs to stay, and grow, and learn, be better at bending that ball down the line, at chipping it to the back stick, getting to the byline and cutting it back for the striker to tap it in, I just hope he’s making the right choices."

All basic techniques that any decent amateur right back can do. Having said that Simon Grayson couldn’t pass the ball down the line successfully either.

16 hours ago, riverholmes said:

"I feel for him, I love him to bits, I’ve been with him for over five years, he’s like a son"

Presumably the sort of son that you don't get to watching playing football on a weekend....because you've dropped him.

• Like 5

This again shows the problem with Mowbray recently deciding he is a “development coach”.

Results when Nyambe has been in the side have been consistently and significantly better than when he isn’t for years.

Mowbray doesn’t seem to care about that and is more interested in encouraging individual players to do things that they aren’t naturally good at and are supplementary to their roles.

Wants Nyambe to be better at attacking, doesn’t seem to mind Pickering can’t defend very well. Persists with Gallagher out wide even though he’s a complete fish out of water. More bothered about his keepers commanding their area than saving shots… he’d have hated Brad Friedel. All this lends itself to costly decisions like playing Johnson/Holtby/Buckley/Clarkson as false 9, Rodwell as a centre back, JRC (by the way, his career is in danger of falling off a cliff) as a wing back. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This again shows the problem with Mowbray recently deciding he is a “development coach”.

Results when Nyambe has been in the side have been consistently and significantly better than when he isn’t for years.

Mowbray doesn’t seem to care about that and is more interested in encouraging individual players to do things that they aren’t naturally good at and are supplementary to their roles.

Wants Nyambe to be better at attacking, doesn’t seem to mind Pickering can’t defend very well. Persists with Gallagher out wide even though he’s a complete fish out of water. More bothered about his keepers commanding their area than saving shots… he’d have hated Brad Friedel. All this lends itself to costly decisions like playing Johnson/Holtby/Buckley/Clarkson as false 9, Rodwell as a centre back, JRC (by the way, his career is in danger of falling off a cliff) as a wing back. 

I don't disagree with some of those examples, but to be fair almost all managers expect full backs to have at least some attacking threat as a minimum these days. Playing like Alexander-Arnold is obviously never going to be him, so I agree there's an element of not asking him to go too far away from his natural game, but at the same time I'd expect our next manager to treat improving that side of his game as a priority. That's if he stays, of course!

• Backroom

Mowbray has been working with Nyambe for nearly 5 years - surely it's on him and his coaching team if Ryan is still deficient in such crucial areas of his game? Then I remembered this is a man who never takes responsibility for anything. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Mowbray has been working with Nyambe for nearly 5 years - surely it's on him and his coaching team if Ryan is still deficient in such crucial areas of his game? Then I remembered this is a man who never takes responsibility for anything. 

Possibly, but it could also be that Nyambe doesn't have it in him to improve that side of his game. Every player has their ceiling. It's not as though Mowbray hasn't been banging on about improving that side of his game for years either.

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Possibly, but it could also be that Nyambe doesn't have it in him to improve that side of his game. Every player has their ceiling. It's not as though Mowbray hasn't been banging on about improving that side of his game for years either.

Especially when you consider the amount of players who have improved in those years.

Surely, at some point, the player has to take some level of responsibility?

My lasting memory of Nyambe will probably be the last kick of the Coventry game.

9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Especially when you consider the amount of players who have improved in those years.

Surely, at some point, the player has to take some level of responsibility?

My lasting memory of Nyambe will probably be the last kick of the Coventry game.

Unless he signs a new deal, which I genuinely hope he does!

I'm sure Nyambe is very diligent and is working hard every day to try and improve that side of his game. Sometimes, though, there are certain aspects of the game which some players will struggle to get better at. I hope this isn't the case with Nyambe, but on this season's evidence you can't really say there's been any development at all in his attacking quality. 

30 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Unless he signs a new deal, which I genuinely hope he does!

I'm sure Nyambe is very diligent and is working hard every day to try and improve that side of his game. Sometimes, though, there are certain aspects of the game which some players will struggle to get better at. I hope this isn't the case with Nyambe, but on this season's evidence you can't really say there's been any development at all in his attacking quality. 

Absolutely - I’m sure there are posters here who remember me suggesting Nyambe will never have the proper technique to be a success back in 2017/18, and I’ve gladly ate my words since.

Still - his injury record is appalling, and whilst I’d love him to stay - you almost feel like any manager we have that knows him, may feel they’re limited to 2 subs whenever he’s on the pitch, because there’s a good chance he will struggle to finish the game.

Edited by JBiz

17 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Absolutely - I’m sure there are posters here who remember me suggesting Nyambe will never have the proper technique to be a success back in 2017/18, and I’ve gladly ate my words since.

Still - his injury record is appalling, and whilst I’d love him to stay - you almost feel like any manager we have that knows him, may feel they’re limited to 2 subs whenever he’s on the pitch, because there’s a good chance he will struggle to finish the game.

He’s not in the Ayala league regarding injuries but he is prone to muscle strain. That’s another problem with playing Dack at the moment, you know he hasn’t got 90 minutes either.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s not in the Ayala league regarding injuries but he is prone to muscle strain. That’s another problem with playing Dack at the moment, you know he hasn’t got 90 minutes either.

Ayala has to go down as one of Tony’s biggest ever fuck ups.

Biggest wage in the club for someone who has hardly played.

On his day, a fantastic defender at this level, but unfortunately someone who picks and chooses his “days”

42 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Still - his injury record is appalling

Give over.

How many games has he genuinely missed this season due to injury and not Mowbray thinking he's Pep Guardiola?

Picked up one nasty injury in a challenge that could have happened to anyone. Was available again sooner than expected. Other than that relatively injury free this season

• Like 1