BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

19 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Need Ayala back pronto.

If either of Lenihan, VH or Wharton get injured or suspended, then we're looking at Johnson filling in or a change in formation.

We were foolish letting Carter go on loan knowing we were going to play with three centre halves and that Ayala was made of icing sugar.

• Like 2

He’ll be missed on Saturday.

On Ayala, I was watching my Rugby League team warm up yesterday. I found myself smiling to myself at the thought of Ayala warming up with them. The image of Ayala smashing into a tackle bag was really amusing. These lads are on peanuts in the terms of wages but they give everything to the cause.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’ll be missed on Saturday.

On Ayala, I was watching my Rugby League team warm up yesterday. I found myself smiling to myself at the thought of Ayala warming up with them. The image of Ayala smashing into a tackle bag was really amusing. These lads are on peanuts in the terms of wages but the y give everything to the cause.

Very true - they don't half pay for it in the long run though! The state of some league players once they retire really makes you notice how tough that game is. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Interesting to see the stat that he has started in 26 of 27 games that he has been fit for. Hardly the shoddy treatment from Mowbray that many like to point out.

The shoddy treatment was in the past, not really this season. But you knew that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The shoddy treatment was in the past, not really this season. But you knew that.

I’m sure I’ve been reading on here this season that he is still being treated shoddily; taken off early, got dropped against Forest etc,

’I wouldn’t blame him for going’, ‘why would he sign for a manager that obviously doesn’t rate him’ etc

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m sure I’ve been reading on here this season that he is still being treated shoddily; taken off early, got dropped against Forest etc,

’I wouldn’t blame him for going’, ‘why would he sign for a manager that obviously doesn’t rate him’ etc

I haven't criticised his overall use this season, although as you say there have still been a handful of bizarre decisions around him (some of which may just be injury related). But those two statements still apply as far as I'm concerned. The damage was already done. Nyambe isn't a better player than last season, and the manager doesn't rate him any more than before. He's playing all the time this season because the woeful Bennett is gone and JRC can't stay fit long enough to finish his breakfast. If I were Nyambe, and not a Rovers fan, I'd have decided over a year ago I was leaving.

But from the rumours, it's actually his agent calling the shots here.

Edited by bluebruce

I think some need to understand the situation a little better. Nyambe wants to sign the contract in front of him source is very close to the player it is his current agent who refused to engage with Rovers as he believes he will get a better deal elsewhere however a point worth noting not a single bid has been in for him from any club not even a loan to buy. That tells a story if you ask me. Rovers have offered a good deal and one that would only be bettered by a parachute club. His agent believes he will be playing premier league football next season with a top club! Truth is he won’t unless Rovers go up and he signs a new deal! As for being treated poorly by Mowbray ? I don’t subscribe to those views at times he has been found missing in defence and has cost us goals, granted in some games he has been great and some he has been awful overall he has shown himself to consistently inconsistent on the pitch and that is no one’s fault but his own 

• Like 2

Inconsistent? In the past, as a young lad, not now.

As a defensive full back/wing back he’s been superb this season, is he great going forward? No, but that’s just not his game, and perhaps we do need someone who can do both sides of the role if we are to continue with this formation.

But a quality defender.

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Nyambe wants to sign the contract in front of him source is very close to the player it is his current agent who refused to engage with Rovers as he believes he will get a better deal elsewhere

We have to take your word for all this. But we've got 3 players in exactly the same position.

That makes it less easy to accept your thesis that none of this is Rover's fault. Agents are fair game I suppose but if Nyambe truly wants to accept our offer, he would.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I find it hard to believe that if Nyambe really wanted to sign the contract, he couldn’t just sack his agent off.

As for his inconsistency? Not this season!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I think some need to understand the situation a little better. Nyambe wants to sign the contract in front of him source is very close to the player it is his current agent who refused to engage with Rovers as he believes he will get a better deal elsewhere however a point worth noting not a single bid has been in for him from any club not even a loan to buy. That tells a story if you ask me. Rovers have offered a good deal and one that would only be bettered by a parachute club. His agent believes he will be playing premier league football next season with a top club! Truth is he won’t unless Rovers go up and he signs a new deal! As for being treated poorly by Mowbray ? I don’t subscribe to those views at times he has been found missing in defence and has cost us goals, granted in some games he has been great and some he has been awful overall he has shown himself to consistently inconsistent on the pitch and that is no one’s fault but his own 

I’m not sure your understanding is as good as you think it is.

Why would a loan to buy be a consideration for either us or any potential buyer when he is available on a free at the end of the season?

I expect his agent has a far better inside track on who may be interested in signing him than anyone else. For all we know he has a deal lined up already. I also expect his agent isn’t the only person in the world who owns a pen.

You mention how Rovers have offered a “good deal”, but that’s literally just parroting Waggott’s long standing line. What is the deal being judged against?

I believe he is now (eventually) being offered a significant improvement on his existing terms, but it’s still not commensurate with his status, ability or importance. He is still being treated like an academy graduate rather than an established first teamer.

Obviously clubs with parachute payments (and there’s enough of them) have bigger spending power… but look at the wages Bristol City, who have barely ever played top flight football, and not since 1980, pay currently. No doubt they will have to cut back next year, but they pay Nakhi Wells nearly twice what we pay our highest earners. There are plenty of clubs who don’t have parachute payments that will pay more than us.

Worth also noting that we’ve had the fat end of a quarter of a billion quid in owner subsidies over the last decade, so moaning about the inequalities of parachute payments is a bit rich.

Your summary of his performances is way off. Statistically we pick up far more points when Nyambe plays than when he doesn’t. Over the last 3 years it’s really very clear. This year we have failed to keep a clean sheet when he hasn’t played, and we conceded more than twice as frequently when he’s not on the pitch.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Not saying it’s 100% right, but I’ve heard completely the opposite. He’s made it very clear he doesn’t want to sign a new deal and wants to explore other options. 13 years, no kids, no commitments, time for a new challenge.

33 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Why would a loan to buy be a consideration for either us or any potential buyer when he is available on a free at the end of the season?

I expect his agent has a far better inside track on who may be interested in signing him than anyone else. For all we know he has a deal lined up already. I also expect his agent isn’t the only person in the world who owns a pen.

You mention how Rovers have offered a “good deal”, but that’s literally just parroting Waggott’s long standing line. What is the deal being judged against?

I believe he is now (eventually) being offered a significant improvement on his existing terms, but it’s still not commensurate with his status, ability or importance. He is still being treated like an academy graduate rather than an established first teamer.

I have read on another social media site that Nyambe's agent met 5 times with 2 or 3 weeks period which he and Nyambe decided to walk away and not sign a contract here. Rovers has offered a deal with better wages and stay at the club who develop his talent

who and where are these better contract deals out there for him? lets see where he headed up but I doubt he will get better wages or club. 

33 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Obviously clubs with parachute payments (and there’s enough of them) have bigger spending power… but look at the wages Bristol City, who have barely ever played top flight football, and not since 1980, pay currently. No doubt they will have to cut back next year, but they pay Nakhi Wells nearly twice what we pay our highest earners. There are plenty of clubs who don’t have parachute payments that will pay more than us.

Well I would say that Bristol City deserved what they get for paying average players silly wages., But I read that Bristol City want to reshape the squad with lower wages squad and wants former Rovers Player Ian Pearce to be in charge of scouting and Recruitment there. 

Which of the current bottom 3 clubs in the PL would be interest Nyambe? 

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

The main point is, if Nyambe goes JRC steps in and, let's face it, the lad looks nothing like a footballer.

They probably think somebody else will step up and stay on the scene, like a sex machine.

• Like 2

The one thing I have learnt from this page is that, based on the fact that his agent has refused to engage, his agent has met the club 5 times in the last few weeks, he has no interest in signing and wants a new challenge, he would sign if we went up, he has been offered a very low offer, he has been offered a decent rise, ultimately none of us know what he has been offered and there is nobody ITK in this situation!