BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

On 30/04/2022 at 19:33, rigger said:

Nyambe is very good at recovering a situation. But if he didn't make mistakes in the first place, he wouldn't have to. I still rate Nyambe as the best right-back at the Rovers. I don't think we play him to his strengths.

Yes he's an unusual player. Absolutely outstanding in some areas (pace, physicality, winning one on ones, getting to the by line) but quite poor in other areas (crossing, heading, getting his head up and picking the right passes in build up play). Overall his strengths outweigh his weaknesses, but I do come out of games thinking we could do so much more down the right if we had the quality of delivery.

That said, talking about improving on him does seem a bit rich. If we were really pushing to be a Premier League team you could see the argument to get better. But we have many other positions that need more improvement than right back, and realistically it is very likely whoever we get in to replace him will actually be significantly worse (need we say more than "Zeefuik"?). 

For Nyambe personally if he could improve his crossing significantly he will be a premier League player. But until he does I doubt he will do much better than where he is with Rovers. If I was him I would spend all day on the training ground trying to whip it in from all angles. It's career defining for him

• Like 6

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes he's an unusual player. Absolutely outstanding in some areas (pace, physicality, winning one on ones, getting to the by line) but quite poor in other areas (crossing, heading, getting his head up and picking the right passes in build up play). Overall his strengths outweigh his weaknesses, but I do come out of games thinking we could do so much more down the right if we had the quality of delivery.

That said, talking about improving on him does seem a bit rich. If we were really pushing to be a Premier League team you could see the argument to get better. But we have many other positions that need more improvement than right back, and realistically it is very likely whoever we get in to replace him will actually be significantly worse (need we say more than "Zeefuik"?). 

For Nyambe personally if he could improve his crossing significantly he will be a premier League player. But until he does I doubt he will do much better than where he is with Rovers. If I was him I would spend all day on the training ground trying to whip it in from all angles. It's career defining for him

I can’t believe that after all that time being at a professional club his play in possession of the ball has hardly improved at all from when he first made his debut.

• Like 2

On 03/05/2022 at 15:39, Miller11 said:

An additional stat…

when Nyambe has played over 45 minutes we average 1.8 points per game

In games where Nyambe plays less than 45 minutes, or not at all, we average 0.9 points per game

Basically if Mowbray could have managed his irrational bias against Ryan and played him in all games, when fit, the likelihood is that we would have strolled into the playoffs.

The number of games that Ryan has played provide sufficient data to draw that conclusion.

Rovers are riddled with analysts, Mowbray will know these figures.

Way to go Mowbray you tool.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So Mowbray announces his departure and Nyambes agent opens talks again with the club about a new deal.

Coincidence?

Good news, which I hadn't seen before.

I assume if agreement is reached that Ryan will be advised to delay final signing until Mowbray has cleared his desk and really gone.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So Mowbray announces his departure and Nyambes agent opens talks again with the club about a new deal.

Coincidence?

Great news. Full backs have always struggled under Mowbray and this coaching set up.

Be great to see how he plays under a different (and hopefully better) manager.

Lenihan also still in talks about a new deal according to Sharpe.

• Like 3

There's a chance both Nyambe and Lenihan were waiting to see which league we were in before committing. They could obviously have demanded more if we were a prem team.

If their decisions were based purely on the manager they'd hardly be rushing to commit to a managerless team, unless they know something we don't....

• Like 1

I'll believe it when I see pen to paper and an announcement.

Until then I'll take these stories with a large pinch of salt, as it wouldn't surprise me if this is just a bone thrown to the supporters who want to know what the hell is happening and it is season ticket renewal time.

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

In honesty I don’t care if it’s because there are no better offers out there, would just love Nyambe and Lenihan to sign, 2 players that it would be hard to replace and should be cornerstones of our team 

Nyambe is our best full back replacing him on the cheap would be very very difficult

How many left full backs has Mowbray signed ? Not one of them has been as good as Nyambe as a defender.

I was told a while ago, I'm talking early January time here, that Lenihan was going to re-sign as he was very much of the opinion at his age and with a young family that the devil you know is usually better than the one you don't. Especially as he had solidified himself as captain and had a good season.

Was also told there was absolutely no chance Nyambe would sign (actually told that neither he, nor his agent, had even come to the table for discussions) that he was young, no ties, been here 13 years, and fancied a change.

Was also told Rothwell fancied the prem, Newcastle, Villa and Brentford had been sniffing.

If Nyambe does re-sign, I can only imagine his agent has failed on his promise to find him better elsewhere, or the Mowbray factor was greater than I first thought, possibly a combination of the two. That's the info I was given, and was given by same person that gave me the Brereton news so I've no reason to not believe it, albeit I don't claim to be ITK because I don't believe anyone truly is these days other than 2 or 3 on here.

Personally, I don't rate Nyambe, but it's additional funds in the budget if he does stay, as we'd only need one right back instead of two.

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Personally, I don't rate Nyambe, but it's additional funds in the budget if he does stay, as we'd only need one right back instead of two.

I've already said that I think he's the most replaceable of the three OOC, but him staying will still be a big boost. 

I'm convinced that he'll never be the ideal wingback if that's what the new manager opts for, but if we play him just as a normal right back then he's as good as most in this league. 

• Like 1