BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

16 hours ago, AJohnson said:

I'm led to believe there is still hope of Nyambe signing and Rovers offer is still on the table. As previously mentioned by Mowbray, Nyambe's agent seems to be the issue and unsurprisingly no club has reached the levels of wages he's asking for.

The story about him not signing came after Rich Sharpe was pushing Waggott for an answer regarding Ryan's future. I've been told he's used this "not signing" story as a way to force the agents hand one way or another. Waggott notified Nyambe of what he was going to inform Rich Sharpe and remained "relaxed" about the situation. 

His agent is actually a pretty nice bloke.

Not sure he'd be the greedy type.

16 hours ago, AJohnson said:

I'm led to believe there is still hope of Nyambe signing and Rovers offer is still on the table. As previously mentioned by Mowbray, Nyambe's agent seems to be the issue and unsurprisingly no club has reached the levels of wages he's asking for.

The story about him not signing came after Rich Sharpe was pushing Waggott for an answer regarding Ryan's future. I've been told he's used this "not signing" story as a way to force the agents hand one way or another. Waggott notified Nyambe of what he was going to inform Rich Sharpe and remained "relaxed" about the situation. 

Of course he is relaxed, he always is relaxed as he is never under a hint of pressure to do anything.

• Like 1

I've never understood this nonsense about agents being "greedy". It's literally their job to get their client the best possible deal. Football fans are far too emotional about players. At the end of the day, football is their career. It's a very short career, and they really should try to make what they can. They're a long time retired.

Now if it turns out that he can't get what he wants elsewhere and he signs for us, fantastic. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

I've never understood this nonsense about agents being "greedy". It's literally their job to get their client the best possible deal. Football fans are far too emotional about players. At the end of the day, football is their career. It's a very short career, and they really should try to make what they can. They're a long time retired.

Now if it turns out that he can't get what he wants elsewhere and he signs for us, fantastic. 

The best possible deal or the best possible outcome for their football career?   They're not always the same thing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

The best possible deal or the best possible outcome for their football career?   They're not always the same thing. 

For a Championship full back who is already 24, I'd say deal. He's not going to the very top of the game is he? He should be looking to get the best contract he can financially.

Anyone who thinks agents are not in it for themselves is deluded of course they want the best for their client because they take 10% or more of what they can get! You only have to read the books by long passed agent such as Eric Hall to know that😅

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Anyone who thinks agents are not in it for themselves is deluded of course they want the best for their client because they take 10% or more of what they can get! You only have to read the books by long passed agent such as Eric Hall to know that😅

Or SW with Andy Cole 

Edited by RoversClitheroe

On 27/06/2022 at 10:51, Mattyblue said:

If he isn’t the ‘greedy type’ of agent, RN needs a new one.

Why?

It's about your clients being happy - the wealth comes (and generational wealth if you're good enough) naturally in sport. 

Otherwise you might as well hire any shark in a suit who's looking for his piece of the pie. 

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Either way, he’s currently unemployed and earning precisely nothing.

Actually he is unemployed, but clubs have to pay players whose deal is expiring for the  month of July if they haven’t got a club yet. He will also be entitled to various payments at the end of his contract.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Actually he is unemployed, but clubs have to pay players whose deal is expiring for the  month of July if they haven’t got a club yet. He will also be entitled to various payments at the end of his contract.

They do get paid for an extra month but I feel like I read it was the PFA who cover them for the month? I may be misremembering.

Wish I'd been entitled to extra payments and a month's added wages when I left my last gig...they wouldn't have been anything like a pro footballer's either.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

They do get paid for an extra month but I feel like I read it was the PFA who cover them for the month? I may be misremembering.

Wish I'd been entitled to extra payments and a month's added wages when I left my last gig...they wouldn't have been anything like a pro footballer's either.

Generally do though, if you hand your notice in and finish say, 30th June, you'll still get your salary at the end of July, plus any holiday pay etc

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Generally do though, if you hand your notice in and finish say, 30th June, you'll still get your salary at the end of July, plus any holiday pay etc

That's money I'd already accrued though, not an extra month's pay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I thought that was what is known as, working a month in hand. I have never known anyone get a months pay, on their first day at work.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

I thought that was what is known as, working a month in hand. I have never known anyone get a months pay, on their first day at work.

Yes you’re right. Although at most places I worked you could normally get a sub on your forthcoming wages. One place I worked you could get loans. They loaned one of the apprentices enough to buy a BMW motorbike. Later on they wanted to fire him for being a dipstick but they couldn’t get rid of him until he’d paid off the loan.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces