BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Give over.

How many games has he genuinely missed this season due to injury and not Mowbray thinking he's Pep Guardiola?

Picked up one nasty injury in a challenge that could have happened to anyone. Was available again sooner than expected. Other than that relatively injury free this season

Nyambe isn’t injury prone you say?

• 1 month later...

Swag has confirmed he's leaving as no agreement can be reached.....

Always gets mixed opinions this subject but I'm not overly bothered personally.

BUT

In the telegraph article it says JRC is an option at right back. No, no he isn't! A new signing is a must now, even if Brown does turn out to be half decent.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Swag has confirmed he's leaving as no agreement can be reached.....

Always gets mixed opinions this subject but I'm not overly bothered personally.

BUT

In the telegraph article it says JRC is an option at right back. No, no he isn't! A new signing is a must now, even if Brown does turn out to be half decent.

To lose one player would be unfortunate, but to lose three first team players is a sad reflection on our CEO

• Like 4

What really concerns me is that some £8-10m (my estimate) of player has walked away. What will be the cost of replacing them and how much will we have to pay their replacements? I could accept one leaving but three? There is something wrong for this to happen. And we might have a similar situation with Brereton coming up.

Another question is will this newly thought of 'pay structure' play a part in our recruitment as we need to bring in a significant number of new ones now.

• Like 5

Decent player but not irreplaceable. Messed him about and must admit I thought he’d stay once Mowbray left. I reckon his agent got in his ear, not the first won’t be the last. Not good enough for prem so will either be warming a bench or another shitty boro type club. It is another black mark against those running the club can’t get another academy graduate to sign then allowing them to go for gratis 

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see where he turns up.

He's a limited ability Championship right back, good attributes with power and pace, but no end product on any crosses.

Provides very few assists/goals (7 assists, 0 goals) over his entire Rovers career. I know he's not a striker, so to judge him on goals is hardly completely fair, but in his time at the Rovers, regular full backs (albeit all with much fewer appearances than Nyambe).

Derrick Williams - 8 assists, 6 goals

Amari'i Bell - 1 assist, 3 goals

Harry Pickering - 2 assists, 2 goals

Maybe Mowbray didn't get the best out of him? thats a fair question.

But I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to see Nyambe is go on to be a top end Championship right back for the rest of his career.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 4

• Backroom

He’s a great championship right back, maybe less suited to the wing back role but we look far far better with him there than the likes of JRC

Lots of people will now say they aren’t bothered that he’s leaving but it’s now an issue where there was none before, there’s no up side to it

• Like 9

Annoyed to see him go but not because I think he's irreplaceable (he certainly isn't) but it's one more hole that needs to be filled, 5 weeks from the opening game of the season.

As others have commented, the three leaving are not devastating losses in terms of raw talent and individual impact but it underlines the chronic mismanagement of the squad that they've all been allowed to leave for nothing in the same window.

Will we be able to replace the quality, probably. Will it cost more than having offered them decent terms a year ago, almost certainly.

• Like 5

Ryan has been a terrific asset to the Club

Hard worker, good ethic, put his all into it. Can't fault him. A huge loss to our playing squad and the Club as a whole

Him and Lenihan stood as examples of what can be achieved by staying at Rovers. Break into the team and become long-standing, regular professional players

• Like 9

I don't think there is any plan, desire, intention of replacing Nyambe with a cash transfer.

It will be, at best, a loan for the season. This will kick the can down the road for another 12 months until we face the same issue next year. In the meantime the 'powers that be' will have their fingers crossed that someone emerges from the academy who is up to the job.

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

In his 200 + games he’s gone up for about 3 corners. He stays back to defend, whereas I bet at least 5 of Del Boys goals were from corners.

apparently it makes me out of touch, but I think a full back should primarily be a defender. We’ve just lost a really good one. I think the more relevant stat is how many points we average with him in the team as opposed to out of it.

And his pace and physicality made him almost perfect for the defending from attacking corners role

He could out pace almost any striker out there

Ryan would be a starter for me at RB next season that's for sure. I'd be amazed if he doesn't end at a top table Championship club

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely that would mean that threads for every non-Rovers thread or any game that has finished should be closed too? Or indeed people may want to discuss things outside specifically of just Rovers going forward?

On the football thread yes, after a game, leave the topic open for a day to let people express their opinions of the game, then shut it down. Otherwise people just end up going over the same points with each other, and it becomes monotonous.

Edited by rigger

Gutted but also slightly peeved at his reluctance to commit to the club.

Its hard not to see these things without “Lancashire Rose tinted glasses” but still the only person who makes the decision to stay and play is Ryan.

Good luck but I hope you play shit against the blues.

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

Gutted but also slightly peeved at his reluctance to commit to the club.

Its hard not to see these things without “Lancashire Rose tinted glasses” but still the only person who makes the decision to stay and play is Ryan.

Good luck but I hope you play shit against the blues.

Will you not be singing about what a greedy bastard he is too?