BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Right first of all, the POSITIVES. 

Lennihan and Williams were brilliant. I hope the lesson is learned about Mulgrew, Williams is simply a better CB. They were aggressive, won what they needed to win, a proper centre halves performance from both. 

Special mention to Bennett, I've slagged him off, especially for his performances at right back but he was my man of the match today, top class performance against some tricky wingers. 

Rothwell, technically outstanding. Watching him carry the ball for 50 yards is just a pleasure we've been starved of for some many years. Completely changes the dynamic of the team and gives us an Identity. First name on the team sheet from now on hopefully. 

Now for the NEGATIVES. 

Although there aren't many, they are bloody critical. BELL AND RAYA ARE LIABILITIES. Both simply cannot be trusted and cannot be on the team sheet next season if TM want us to move forwards. They both did everything to gift them some points. Both of their positional sense is just non existent, Bell doesn't know where he is half the time, he couldn't even clear the ball, Raya gets caught in no man's land far too often, it was just hearts in mouth each time any of them had a simple task to do. Bell only works in a back 5, he can't be trusted in the last line of defence. Raya needs to learn from a better, more experienced keeper because at the moment it's pretty clear that he isn't going to learn by walking into the team every week. He doesn't just need some competition, we need a more reliable keeper that he can fight tooth and nail with and learn from. It's bloody obvious, I hope it's obvious to the manager too because if he doesn't address it then the lad will cost us points no end. He has no calming presence whatsoever and is (along with Bell) complicit in causing us to be at panic stations every time a team attacks us. 

That aside, a top win and the looks of a team with style, identity and a plan going forwards. 

COYB! 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

I say we persevere with Raya. He's still so young for a keeper and I think really has saved us as much as he's cost us. He needs to learn from his mistakes and evolve as the seasons progress but i think he's got it in him.

I agree he needs better competition and someone more experienced to work with though. A Camp or a Westwood type would be perfect.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 5

Fair play too Williams, he’s taken a lot of flack this season (some merited on his showings at left back!) But he’s been solid without being spectacular the last two games.. Would keep him as 3rd or maybe 4th choice centre half next season. Great win today. Don’t buy into the idea this season was a missed opportunity, don’t think we have anywhere near the quality too go up from this league and we can argue we had the chance too bring extra quality in but whatever man, I’m just glad to see us win today. Two on the bounce for the first time in a while, absolutely buzzing. 

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:23, tomphil said:

Wouldn't it just be poetic justice if a Steele 'moment' handed Rovers the win.........

Forest 1    Rovers   2

Got a result right at last.

Such a pity this drive and team selection has been missing recently a few more points on the bored could've made for a really exciting end to the season. He really needs to stop holding these lively players back next season just sort that defence then let them off the leash.  That style of play suits these lot so much better just as it did last season.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Williams said in an interview the other day thay its good playing with Lenihan as they can shout at each other and then it's forgotten. I always got the impression Lenihan was nervous about shouting at Mulgrew and I just don't think Mulgrew is vocal enough himself. 

Williams is still only 26. Wonder if he can be converted... hmmm.

Just now, Butty said:

Fair play too Williams, he’s taken a lot of flack this season (some merited on his showings at left back!) But he’s been solid without being spectacular the last two games.. Would keep him as 3rd or maybe 4th choice centre half next season. Great win today. Don’t buy into the idea this season was a missed opportunity, don’t think we have anywhere near the quality too go up from this league and we can argue we had the chance too bring extra quality in but whatever man, I’m just glad to see us win today. Two on the bounce for the first time in a while, absolutely buzzing. 

Ya, I mean look at the run Villa and Bristol are on. We aren't there yet. 

Just looked at the stats and amazed forest had 22 shots. We played them off the park and I thought 4-0 would not have flattered us.

In the first 20 mins Travis was instrumental in us winning the right to play. He has a determination and an energy to be the first to everything allowing the rest of the team to pick up scraps and play around the opposition.

Graham was immense again. He's only wiry but very strong and clever in setting runners through into space.

Rothwell scored a great goal and continued to work hard for the whole game but I do think his first touch is a little too heavy. Maybe it's because he's so positive and is always going forward.  Sounds too critical? 

Adam Armstrong was standout in the second half. Relieved pressure. Consistently took on and beat his man. Could go either way and always seemed to have an end product.

At the back Williams, Lenihan and Bennett were mostly excellent. 

I'm not going to say anything about the mistakes which kept Forest in the game. 

Raya 4

Bennett 7

Bell 5

Lenihan 7

Williams 7

Evans 7

Travis 7

Rothwell 8

Armstrong 8

Graham 7

Dack 6

Edited by Earlydoors
  • Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

Agree, think this was always going to be a consolidation season, even if we could have got a little closer to the top 6 than we have. Have some winnable games between now and the end of the season, so there's a chance we might still up there.

I genuinely think that the right three players could make the world of difference to this team.

Just now, bazza said:

Now that we are safe, does anyone else think Leutweiler should be given a run of games to see what he is all about?

Not for me. Leutwiler is out of contract and will be on his way. The ones I’d play are Nuttall and Brereton. We need to know if they are going to be reliable options next season. Maybe give Chapman, Davenport and Buckley a game too...