BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

6 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Based on past events I could see us creating a monstrous wage bill, relegation and so on…

sound familiar?

Oh aye once the 'advizors' get to work plus pressure from fans for big signings.

There'd be plenty snouts in the trough again looking to bleed out as much as possible. The only way around it would be to hope serious lessons were learned last time. And that a proper board was appointed to oversee things.

Pigs might fly as well though.

• Like 2

On 06/11/2021 at 08:55, Gav said:

I saw an interview with Ryan Nelson recently, superb captain, loved by the fans and very well respected.

He was called up by Barry Chuckle (Agnew) out of the blue and told to pack his bags, clean out his locker, say bye to nobody and leave the clubs training ground immediately, the owners had released him from his contract without any discussion whatsoever. Within 24hrs he'd signed for Spurs and Barry Chuckle was back on the phone asking what he was playing at, the club now wanted a transfer fee for him, needless to say he was told to piss off.

These aren't isolated incidents for badly advised owners, they systematically dismantled that squad to cut costs to the bone, its bordering on criminal with some evidence to support that allegedly. 

Anyone now telling me that they're willing to listen, they're willing to learn, they're talking to fans, whilst we languish in midtable championship obscurity because of that kind of behaviour, can go forth and multiply with the greatest of respect. 

O2.pdf Here is the text from Michel Salgado, that I have mentioned before. This along with an E Mail to Lancashire police is amongst many exhibits that show what was happening back on 2012 and are available in the Rovers Revisited blog for anyone, who cares to take a look.

Is it any different now, who knows?

19 hours ago, roverandout said:

Until venkys go I don't think any decent manager would come near rovers 

I'm not sure about that.

For managers looking in, they will see that Mowbray has had 5 pretty much pressure free years at the job, decent backing overall with transfer fees, free transfers (if they are from Middlesbrough), loan fees/wages. He's only had to sell one player in his time here, and even employed his own CEO.

Who wouldn't want some of that action?

• Like 7

The reality is we aren't set up to get a good manager. We can all see when available they don't end up here, so perhaps we should be directing our frustration further afield (the owners and CEO). In fact I'm certain we should be on a match day basis.

If the club was ran correctly the majority of the "good" managers Wilder, Smith, Farke etc would jump at the opportunity to manage Blackburn Rovers.

There are too many managers that we have to rule out simply because they are better at their job than our owners are at theirs... and some of those managers are completely average

but why would a totally unprofessional by the sounds of it CEO, friend of the current manager, even try to appoint one.

Venky's out. Sack the board.

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, lraC said:

O2.pdf Here is the text from Michel Salgado, that I have mentioned before. This along with an E Mail to Lancashire police is amongst many exhibits that show what was happening back on 2012 and are available in the Rovers Revisited blog for anyone, who cares to take a look.

They were just badly advised IraC, they've learnt the lesson now I'm sure.

Have contracts for our well established squad team players been signed yet? Or are we looking at cheap players with inflated commissions to fill those gaps 😤

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

No arguments from me either 🙂....I was just trying to say that there's more than one way to get success. Without a decent manager though, it's impossible.

Yeah, Sheff U were poor alright, in complete contrast to Fulham who they came down with.

It was the first home game I’ve missed this season. My cousin was having her 50th birthday party. I wished she’d have had it when we played Fulham.😫

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gav said:

They were just badly advised IraC, they've learnt the lesson now I'm sure.

Have contracts for our well established squad team players been signed yet? Or are we looking at cheap players with inflated commissions to fill those gaps 😤

I think bad luck follows them around. Fancy an employee making up horrible stories like this, about such humble people. No wonder they sacked him.

Blackburn Rovers' boss in assault probe | Lancashire Telegraph

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I think bad luck follows them around. Fancy an employee making up horrible stories like this, about such humble people. No wonder they sacked him.

Blackburn Rovers' boss in assault probe | Lancashire Telegraph

And what was the outcome of said investigation?

I mean heaven forbid the employee in question had actually been sacked for stealing and was making stuff up.

We haven't a clue one way or the other. But never mind it's an excuse to throw some mud around.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And what was the outcome of said investigation?

I mean heaven forbid the employee in question had been sacked for stealing and was making stuff up.

We haven't a clue one way or the other. But never mind it's an excuse to throw some mud around.

I don't know, but hopefully not guilty, as the employee had made it up. They have form for stuff like this the LT i guess.

Edited by lraC
Typo

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Can't open the link.

Is it the text where he's alleging they were made an offer of 80% to pay off their contracts.

With all due respect to Salgado/ Nelsen et al I I don't think it's as sinister or straightforward as he is making out as under John Williams we had a raft of players in their 30's on ludicrous contracts who only had to play about 15 games to be guaranteed a new deal for the following year and obviously we had to get out of that cycle.

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

I don't know, but hopefully not guilty, as the employee had made it up. They have form for stuff like this the LT i guess.

Im guessing you're being sarcastic in which case, don't be childish.

It's perfectly legitimate for the LT to report the story as the allegations were made but that doesn't automatically mean there 's any substance to them.

Why are you raking up non stories from  10+ years ago? If you want to criticise the owners there's a mountain of stuff you can legitimately go at surrounding their running of the Club over the years without descending back into the conspiracy theory nonsense.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's perfectly legitimate for the LT to report the story as the allegations were made but that doesn't automatically mean there 's any substance to them.

Why are you raking up non stories from  10+ years ago? If you want to criticise the owners there's a mountain of stuff you can legitimately go at surrounding their running of the Club over the years without descending back into the conspiracy theory nonsense.

Not at all, I am jut saying how trouble seems to follow this family around.

Here is some more mud.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/blackburn-chairwoman-anuradha-desai-faces-3314094.amp

Briefly caught a bit on talksport from Warnock off the special broadcast they are doing for him.

'All the successes iv'e had have come at places were there was a very good chairman'

Basically you can't do it without that and we don't even have one and haven't had one through Vs entire reign.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Like anything unless you keep your eye on the ball and accept that lots of things happening can't all be totally innocent, then it would be very easy, for someone to turn round and say, told you do, why did you not listen, when the mud really hits the fan.

It really doesn't matter how long ago it was, I did not make these stories up, I am simply reminding people of what things have been said. Some may be true, some not, but as we know there are plenty who want to put Venky's miss fortune down to bad advice/ luck.

It can't all be down to that can it?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't open the link.

Is it the text where he's alleging they were made an offer of 80% to pay off their contracts.

With all due respect to Salgado/ Nelsen et al I I don't think it's as sinister or straightforward as he is making out as under John Williams we had a raft of players in their 30's on ludicrous contracts who only had to play about 15 games to be guaranteed a new deal for the following year and obviously we had to get out of that cycle.

Yes that's correct. The players alleged to have had their contracts paid up, as per this text are Solgado himself, Brett Emerton, Ryan Nelson (did you hear him confirm the same thing in his interview posted on here on Saturday/) and Keith Andrew. All these ludicrous contracts, were cancelled in favour of Leon Best, Danny Murphy, Bradly Orr, Dickson Etuhu and Myles Anderson.

Although perhaps it is only alleged that these contracts were cancelled, the signing made to replace them, were pretty real.

Not more mud against the wall, hard facts, but granted a while ago and perhaps repeated with the likes of Mulgrew, Bennett and Smallwood, more recently?

Edited by lraC
Typo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not sure about that.

For managers looking in, they will see that Mowbray has had 5 pretty much pressure free years at the job, decent backing overall with transfer fees, free transfers (if they are from Middlesbrough), loan fees/wages. He's only had to sell one player in his time here, and even employed his own CEO.

Who wouldn't want some of that action?

Because according to some Mowbray isn't on much at Rovers 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Briefly caught a bit on talksport from Warnock off the special broadcast they are doing for him.

'All the successes iv'e had have come at places were there was a very good chairman'

Basically you can't do it without that and we don't even have one and haven't had one through Vs entire reign.  

I suppose the modern day equivalent of a chairman is a CEO, which we do have.

Not a very good one, mind you.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't open the link.

EwRqrq9XEAAix4f.jpg

• Like 3