BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What? They lost last night, again. 

Their fans aren't unanimously happy with the Bruce appointment

WBA didn't think it was ridiculous to pot their manager whilst in the play offs. They saw the writing on the wall and did something about it. Their fans were also up in arms over the last guy and his style of football.

Whether Bruce is an improvement we'll see, but I suspect that they'll finish the season stronger as a result.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

WBA didn't think it was ridiculous to pot their manager whilst in the play offs. They saw the writing on the wall and did something about it. Their fans were also up in arms over the last guy and his style of football.

Whether Bruce is an improvement we'll see, but I suspect that they'll finish the season stronger as a result.

I'd personally take that WBA manager that got potted over Mowbray personally.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Why are you doing it to yourself Rev (and others) ? It’s not even worth the energy of briefly thinking about the prospect.

He wasn’t remotely under threat in that horror run last season, so he certainly won’t be now.

Not now maybe but if we fall out of the 6, and that's looks distinctly likely, I can't see him being at Ewood next season.

I was going to say Venkys surely aren't that stupid but instantly withdrew that thought.

• Like 1

That would then be totally different scenario, he’s out of contract and the summer is the one time of year Venky’s give us any thought. 

Talking about sackings and replacements when in the promotion shake up in February will, never, ever happen - so why talk about it?

Edited by Mattyblue

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sack him for me whilst we still have a chance of the play offs. Compensation should be minimal by now.

At least someone else might start with our best eleven players.

The use of subs gets to me with him i'd wager that if it was 1 nil. 2-1 or 1-1 he'd have done the same thing at the same time with the first two.  Then of course he just looks to throw on his latest signing anywhere he can later.

Classic Mowbray stuff that tactically with those type of things he is very predictable and as a result so is the team.

The upside of it is we usually finish seasons strongly under him so if we can hang in there a corner should turn again. However that's usually when we've fallen away and have nothing to play for and the beach comes in sight for a lot of opposition.

I think this season will be a completely different animal we are a marked target now.

Edited by tomphil

February Frustrations

Rovers in the Championship, under Mowbray, in February (Feb 17 - Present)

P 22 W 3 D 7 L 12 F 21 A 31 Pts 16 GD - 10

Last victory in February, 15th, 2020. 

A 0-2 victory away at Charlton with Buckley and Adarabioyo on the scoresheet. 

But as of right now....Sack him? 😆 Oh I do love that ignore button! 

Edited by rog of the rovers

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sacking the manager who has us fighting for the promotion for the first time in 10 years. 

Ridiculous

Hes been more lucky than anything strategic on this run. It's obvious he will never have what it takes to get rovers promoted 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Ya sacked him after giving him a 4 year deal 7 months ago. Completely different. Mowbray has been here years, building this team. 

Time will tell whether things will work out for the better there 

Again, if you think he should be sacked, because of x, y, z - fine. Certainly worth discussing how his long standing faults could see us fall away etc.

But actually talking like it is a plausibile possibility, with fifteen games left whilst in the shake up, knowing everything we do about how this lot run the club, with discussions on replacements etc, is just a waste of your time and effort.

Edited by Mattyblue

23 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hes been more lucky than anything strategic on this run. It's obvious he will never have what it takes to get rovers promoted 

You're over looking a lot there and over-simplifying things. Its Mowbrays team. His players and he has built the team spirit. You don't get to second at this stage because of luck, to suggest it is is nonsense. If any other team was in our position , you wouldn't say it's because the manager is lucky. Is Warbirton at QPR lucky? Is that why they are where they are? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Again, if you think he should be sacked, because of x, y, z - fine. Certainly worth discussing how his long standing faults could see us fall away etc.

But actually talking like it is a plausibile possibility, with fifteen games left whilst in the shake up, knowing everything we do about how this lot run the club, with discussions on replacements etc, is just a waste of your time and effort.

Whether it's 'naive' or 'fantasy land stuff' so what? It's generating conversation, which is whole the point of a message board I'd suggest.

Then feel free to have a completely pointless discussion about something that will never happen over the next 12 weeks (obviously what happens to TM post-May is a very different conversation).

It’s your own time and energy you are wasting on it, but go for it.

Edited by Mattyblue

I’ve been one of Mowbray’s fiercest critics, but I have to give him some credit for the position we are in, even after recent results.

What I would say is that I think Mowbray himself would’ve been amazed at how well we had been doing, until recently.

In his interviews towards the end of last season, he sounded like he had more or less given up and was waiting to be paid off.

In terms of the team, I think great credit goes to the coaches in the youth set up, and Mowbray has been the main beneficiary, (rather than the provider).

I still think he should’ve been long gone prior to this season, but he deserves until the end of the season to see if a miracle can be achieved.

Unfortunately, it looks as if reality is beginning to set in, and the annual February collapse is in full swing.

It’s not the only deficiency, but it was glaringly obvious we needed to sign a striker to put fresh wind in our sails.

Should we fail to get promotion, can I see Mowbray ever getting us in this position again? No.

• Like 6