BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

21 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

If Mowbray turns into a disaster by seasons end would Roy Keane be of interest of fans?

Not a particular fan of his tbh but might be good enough to get the club out of the championship.

(hopefully not down haah)

You would have more benefit from detonating a nuclear bomb, whilst sat on it! 

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If Mowbray fails to get us even in the play offs this season, I think it would be incredibly difficult for anyone to make an argument for keeping him tbh.

Indeed. If we don't finish at least 6th then it will almost certainly mean we get less than 75 points. To be on 53 in January after 29 games If we don't hit 75 from 46 then it will mean we have picked up 21 points or less from 17 games. Relegation form.

The concern now is that many people will be more than happy with the top 6 - and I think up until December most would have jumped at scraping into 6th at the end of the season - but having done so well up to January if we don't make it now by any measure it would mean a disastrous last third of the season.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Am I seriously reading people advocating the sacking of Mowbray. I was #Mowbrayout for a long, long time but look at where he has taken us this season. 

Still in with a great chance of the play offs. Let's get behind the team and manager when they need us most. 

Totally agree that sacking him now would be absolutely braindead but I don't see why that comes down to anyone not being behind the team.

The only thing that matters is that the fans are with the team in full support in the stadium and they certainly are. People suggesting that the manager should be replaced does not come down to getting behind anyone.

6 hours ago, rigger said:

That doesn't make them the right positions. For me both are attacking midfielders. Rothwell is playing too deep. Buckley is not a number nine, false or otherwise.

I'd say they need to swap roles.  Buckley has been at his best playing deeper and pinging long balls.  He's minging round the box.

Rothwell is best suited to playing higher up, pressing and using his pace. More likely to put the ball in the back of the net. 

• Like 4

look on the bright side,this season is still 1000% better than the last 2,mowbray is a very frustrating manager though,he`s always messing about with tactics or team shape,the old adage "football is a simple game" certainly does`nt resinate with tony,he`s obviously a very straightforward and likeable man but i don`t want another three years of his management(contract is up at the end of the season)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd say they need to swap roles.  Buckley has been at his best playing deeper and pinging long balls.  He's minging round the box.

Rothwell is best suited to playing higher up, pressing and using his pace. More likely to put the ball in the back of the net. 

100% this.

When against 10 on Saturday he should have been moved forwards to have runs at them and try and get inside their ranks. Win free kicks etc instead we had wing backs and wide strikers getting crosses in to nobody and getting in each others way.

Similarly when down to ten last night someone to run at them, hit them on the break and stretch them generally making up for the missing man. Rothwell was the man for that job but no we get the standard set of subs, sadly the first thing on TMs mind when it comes to this isn't tactical. It's just getting players on and involved where he can and hoping something drops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree that sacking him now would be absolutely braindead but I don't see why that comes down to anyone not being behind the team.

The only thing that matters is that the fans are with the team in full support in the stadium and they certainly are. People suggesting that the manager should be replaced does not come down to getting behind anyone.

Because the manager is part of that team too. The players and Tony heard the boos at half time. What is that achieving? Just adding more unnecessary pressure. 

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

What common sense.  Try telling Mr Tombola Man that.  When he brought on Hedges for Zeefuik I thought OK another attacker but no...........poor lad had to play RB and was embarrassed a few times. I felt sorry for him.

And Nyambe still on the bench!!!!!!!!   Mowbray needs to be replaced NOW. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Because the manager is part of that team too. The players and Tony heard the boos at half time. What is that achieving? Just adding more unnecessary pressure. 

Have they been quoted saying that they heard boos, which would imply that they have taken it personally? When a team is losing, you often get a spontaneous few boos, was ever thus, its just an overspill of frustration often aimed at officials, I dont even remember any real boos at half time yesterday so any would have been minor. The overall support as ever throughout the game was there and it rankles when those not at the stadium imply that the backing wasnt there from those who did make the effort on a cold night to back the team.

But you have gone off on a tangent anyway, your initial example of a lack of backing was people saying on an online messageboard that they would change manager. I agree that it would be totally illogical but equally it isnt a lack of backing to give any opinion on a messageboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Mowbray needs to be replaced NOW. 

Thankfully this kind of tripe is mostly confined to social media, it’s laughable really. 

Mowbray has his faults, but what he’s achieved this season has so far been phenomenal.

The team, manager and Rovers fans home and away are all pulling in one direction and we still have a great chance of going up.

Its a long time since I’ve been proud to support my football club, this season has brought some pride and passion back and long may that continue.

Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Thankfully this kind of tripe is mostly confined to social media, it’s laughable really. 

Mowbray has his faults, but what he’s achieved this season has so far been phenomenal.

The team, manager and Rovers fans home and away are all pulling in one direction and we still have a great chance of going up.

Its a long time since I’ve been proud to support my football club, this season has brought some pride and passion back and long may that continue.

Onwards and upwards. 

That statue's looking a way off though Gav?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Onwards and upwards. 

I'm looking forward to discussing "tripe" at the end of the season when we don't finish in the top 6.

Make a note, Gav.

• Like 2

I don't get this, if you're convinced he won't take us up, what's the point of another chance ie another season without going up.

He's had enough time and he's had enough money.

There has to be some ruthlessness in football, some single-mindedness.

Like pushing Speedie out because it was the only way to get Shearer.

Not fair, not pretty, but effective. Mowbrey's had more than enough chances, he makes too many mistakes and always will.

• Like 1