BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

18 hours ago, JBiz said:

There’s loads of stuff discussed here as if it’s gospel - that probably isn’t anywhere near the actually reality of the scenario.

Oh I don't doubt. My recollection of it is though that a lot of comments about TMs treatment of Nayambe was in response to comments in LT articles that were linked. Again can't be bothered to travel back, however am fairly certain in this case (as I remember reading them!) that TM had commented on Nayambe's performances. 

18 hours ago, JBiz said:

Equally I can’t say for certain that Nyambe hasn’t been specifically targeted by TM in interviews - but I can say that I listen to most and I can’t ever recall a comment specifically against a player that I felt unfair.

I guess it depends on if it is done to all players or just some. IF it is all I would probably agree with you - nothing unfair at all. If only to some, and the worse culprits ignored, it's a different matter. 

18 hours ago, JBiz said:

He has criticised Rothwell, Armstrong in his early days, Williams, and Bell much more from my recollections. 

Must have missed the Williams one but outside of that, that's my recollection too. Would also add in Raya, and then very belatedly Walton too. Interesting that Bennett, Smallwood and Mulgrew aren't in that list despite many dire performances. Smacks to me of double standards. 

18 hours ago, JBiz said:

The selection debate is (I know this word isn’t a popular BRFCS one 😆) subjective. Whilst I’d agree and argue along with you that I think he is our best right back - none of us can dismiss how prone to knocks he is.

Would agree with all this. 

18 hours ago, JBiz said:

With all the analysis and sport science data available to teams now, it’s easy for me to think supporters don’t know the whole story about why he hasn’t had more than 31 apps in a season yet.

Agree we don't know the whole story, and there will have been times he needed resting. However I think the poor treatment is a cumulative effect based on all the evidence. You've alluded to yourself that some players avoid criticism, we both agree he is the best right back at the club, Williams and Ayala have been thrown in when scarcely fit.l, some of the reasons given for his omission are laughable. All of which together suggests poor treatment. Any one would be a tad tenuous I agree but all 3/4 strands together and it doesn't look good at all. 

• Like 1

If Nyambe is able to leave this club for nothing, or for some token compensation fee in January, then for me it really blows a massive hole in the way Mowbray has claimed to have been running the club for the last 3-4 years. 

Its all well and good banging on about FFP rules, reducing reliance on Venkys, using the academy, growing assets for the club, protecting our assets, having to find ways to compete against clubs with bigger crowds and incomes etc. etc. etc. 

But if we are still going to end up in a position of losing arguably, along with Travis, our most promising academy product of the last 3-4 years for next to nothing or nothing because we haven't dealt with the contractual scenario quickly or adequately enough then all the above comes crashing down, because it is clear that the owners/club haven't learned from past mistakes and are still costing the club money through negligence and poor operation.

I'm afraid those suggesting that we are powerless if Nyambe doesn't want to sign are ignoring the bigger issues and questions here.

Why on earth would Nyambe not want to commit to the club he has been at since a kid and should now be a regular first teamer?

What sort of financial package are we offering the lad if it isn't enough to persuade him to sign? How serious are we?

Why have we allowed him to reach the final 6 months of his deal without it being resolved?

Why did Mowbray say back in September that he was dealing with contracts and keeping space in the budget for those extensions and yet here we are at Christmas with no new contracts issued?

This club frustrates the hell out of me. Only this week Mike Cheston whinging about limited cash and budgets when talking about power washing grime off the stands at Ewood and players pleading with fans to buy hats and scarves to support their club and yet on the flip side dishing out needless contract extensions to Hart, Smallwood, Samuel and then allowing this situation to develop with a prized asset. Madness.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why on earth would Nyambe not want to commit to the club he has been at since a kid and should now be a regular first teamer?

What sort of financial package are we offering the lad if it isn't enough to persuade him to sign? How serious are we?

Why have we allowed him to reach the final 6 months of his deal without it being resolved?

Cos he want to a different league or country for his next career move? 

If he wont sign a new contract then we are powerless to get him to sign? 

What sort of contract is he after in any new deal and what's his current wage? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hang on a minute, you said the exact opposite for AA... you said Armstrong should sign a new contract because he owes a debt of gratitude to the club that has improved him and he likes working with Mowbray.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What country? What league? Surely if he had such intentions then that should have been dealt with last summer rather than allowing him to go for nothing?

Why is Mowbray still claiming to be confident of him signing?

As ever no responsibility nor accountability for anything here. Stand to lose millions but roll up roll up buy your hats and scarves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What country? What league? Surely if he had such intentions then that should have been dealt with last summer rather than allowing him to go for nothing?

Why is Mowbray still claiming to be confident of him signing?

As ever no responsibility nor accountability for anything here. Stand to lose millions but roll up roll up buy your hats and scarves.

How do I know? Am I his agent now?

Cos talks are happening of course but until he signs how can we been confident yet? 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Only if you believe what you read. 

Sorry I laughed when I saw this.

The number of times I am asked for evidence then it upsets people because I have had to paste and copy the relevant bit from behind a paywall so it doesn't look good on a mobile.

Yes of course, read things with a pinch of salt but I am glad that positive message is the most recent official word on Nyambe (at a time he was being dropped) so it is the fans worrying negative thoughts and not the other way round.

Ryan has just had his 23rd birthday and has made 130 league and 17 Cup appearances for Rovers first team. He has never scored yet has doubled his career assists already this season.  

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do I know? Am I his agent now?

Cos talks are happening of course but until he signs how can we been confident yet? 

I dont know. You were the one suggesting Nyambe would want a move to another country so thought you might have heard something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

That article BDS posted was nearly 3 months ago, the contract has run down even further and Nyambe’s performances have got better and better... not a good position to be in from a club negotiator perspective.

3 months ago isn't that long. He said they are working on the contracts. I bet he will sign a new one. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18767240.rovers-dont-envisage-contract-concerns-defender/

Surely this dispells the conspiracy theories Mowbray wants Nyambe out?

The concern there is that, the interview is from the 3rd October and its now 19th December and he is still no nearer (by all accounts) to signing it. 

No problems envisaged over 2 months ago but still no new contract signed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do you mean? Who else's decision is it? Or are you insinuating there is no offer? 

You say "we don't know the  ins and outs of it" so we don't know whose decision it is and more importantly why.

Besides which you are not accepting that Mowbray treated Nyambe badly by constantly over-looking him when he is clearly the best right-back we have.

The decision may involve the money and presumably will so whose decision is it to offer him less than he feels he can earn elsewhere and leave for next to nothing?

Whose decision is it to have so many of our best players running out of contract at the same time?

By concentrating on it being Nyambe's decision you simplify it all and make it all his fault.

If we lose all the players soon to run out of contract whose fault will it be? Nyambe's?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

You say "we don't know the  ins and outs of it" so we don't know whose decision it is and more importantly why.

Besides which you are not accepting that Mowbray treated Nyambe badly by constantly over-looking him when he is clearly the best right-back we have.

The decision may involve the money and presumably will so whose decision is it to offer him less than he feels he can earn elsewhere and leave for next to nothing?

Whose decision is it to have so many of our best players running out of contract at the same time?

By concentrating on it being Nyambe's decision you simplify it all and make it all his fault.

If we lose all the players soon to run out of contract whose fault will it be? Nyambe's?

But he hasn't constantly overlooked him, he has played most games under Mowbray? 

I have no idea what your babbling about in the last paragraph in particular. 

It's Nyambes decision whether he signs his own contract, I don't what's so difficult to grasp about that. 

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

But he hasn't constantly overlooked him, he has played most games under Mowbray? . 

Constantly isn't the point.  Last season when Benno was fit he played a lot of times in the right back position and we all know he was very poor and responsible for a lot of goals against.  Nyambe will have been sat on the bench thinking the same as us and then his mates and his dad will have told him he's wasting his time here...Benno is injured and Nyambe will always think that when he is fit, mowbray will be potentially doing the same.

He's going to get big signing fee and good wages elsewhere,  he's captain of his country.  Hes a good versatile player who's best is yet to come.  

What a shame 🙄

And you can bet Benno will get even more time there when he's fit....🥺

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Constantly isn't the point.  Last season when Benno was fit he played a lot of times in the right back position and we all know he was very poor and responsible for a lot of goals against.  Nyambe will have been sat on the bench thinking the same as us and then his mates and his dad will have told him he's wasting his time here...Benno is injured and Nyambe will always think that when he is fit, mowbray will be potentially doing the same.

He's going to get big signing fee and good wages elsewhere,  he's captain of his country.  Hes a good versatile player who's best is yet to come.  

What a shame 🙄

And you can bet Benno will get even more time there when he's fit....🥺

I don't think Bennett should have started ahead of him, but Nyambe isn't perfect. It's good that he is now offering more going forward. I don't think anyone will take his place now. I don't see the issue with rotating him and JRC. 

Is he captain of his country? I didn't even think he was a guaranteed starter. 

Problem: We're crying out for a physical presence up front. Armstrong and Elliot would thrive off any knockdowns or loose balls.

Solution: Tony plays his 6'4" centre forward out on the left wing.

Conclusion: He's so clueless when it comes to these blind spots (Bennett at lb etc etc...). This is squad is underperforming under Tony and quite a bit of that is down to his selections and tactics. 

• Like 4

Tony's answer ( because he knows what's wrong he's told us ) will be to get on the phone to India and ask for more drones and operators and more performance analysists Throw in a couple more tvs and lads to watch them for the scouting network as well.

That'll placate the bosses, oh and tell them their 5 million pound investment styriker is now well on the way to becoming a ten million pound winger.

Nothing has really changed tonight. It’s just more of the same. At the point of 9 defeats from 11 2 years ago I’d have sacked him and there’s no point thats made me think that would have been a mistake. Perhaps briefly after the most recent transfer window then I regained my senses. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Do we want a chance of promotion? Yes. Will Tony get us there? No. Therefore he must be thanked for fixing Coyle's mess and someone else with better coaches brought in.

This is also my thinking. However, I do wonder what the managers targets are if it’s just some vague guff about being in contention for the play offs pretty much every team from 14th upwards will be able to make some claim to being in touching distance. In which case we’ll be stuck in this infinite loop of disappointment