BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Nonsense.

Fact

It's the same old crap however you dress it up but Armstrong is basically stopping the usual death spirals.

Your bizarre loyalty to him is touching but very misguided he's the very definition of captain nowhere.

• Like 2

There's quite a few appropriate analogies embedded amongst this sketch, to the point that it's more hilarious (but not funny) than the original film. Try it and apply your own!

I love Blackburn Rovers but am struggling with the faith, even though I have enjoyed some of the football we've played at times this season, it's time for a change. Otherwise the club is going to be strangled to death by the hierarchy and 'hangers on'.

RTID but come on, cut us some slack!

edit: I posted this because I thought we'd ragged a point logging off 6 minutes into injury time. I've just found out! How the fuck did we win that? Tony, You lucky, lucky bastard!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

Completely worn down by it now. Seemingly we can find a win whenever it looks like he might get the sack, when we occasionally get into a half decent position, we can't find a result for love nor money. And no-one at the Club seems to care.

And on an on we go in a never ending loop of mediocrity.

• Like 3

Tony doesn't help himself, or maybe he does it deliberately, but that starting XI was never going to work and we only looked a more cohesive unit when the entire midfield had been replaced. 

Rev's right, watching Rovers under Mowbray does wear you down because as a bullshitting talking head you know he's taking us on a road to nowhere, and getting excited at victory is completely pointless.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Nonsense.

Great argument.

Bilic has taken West Ham to 7th and 11 th in the Premier League and West Brom up from the Championship automatically in recent seasons.

Mowbray can't even get us anywhere near the top 6.

But of course you're right. You've won me over with your powerful line of reasoning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wood26 said:

I’m assuming all you shouting for Mowbray out are the same lot who filled the rest of the seats for the Oxford game at Ewood in League one.

Good to see you again.

I can’t speak for everyone who wants Mowbray out but speaking from a personal point of view someone who has watched rovers regularly home and away for the last 30+ years. Merely someone who can see we have at best stagnated and in my opinion now regressing under Mowbray. Someone who is fed up by over promising and underdelivering of a manager now in self preservation mode purely lining his own pockets whilst conning some fans with talk of play offs and slow builds. 

But if it makes you happy to assume everyone who can see we’re nothing more than mid table plodders under Mowbray are just day trippers out for the odd game then so be it. But if we’re making wild baseless assumptions I will also assume you lot who want Mowbray to stay are the same lot who wanted Kean to stay. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Wood26 said:

I’m assuming all you shouting for Mowbray out are the same lot who filled the rest of the seats for the Oxford game at Ewood in League one.

Good to see you again.

What a ridiculous statement, and you see a lot of them on here.

Just to clarify, if someone wants Mowbray out they're a glory hunter? A part time fan? What exactly are you saying it makes them?

I'm not after Mowbrays head just now,but I can see why people are without labelling them.

• Like 1

To counter some of the wild claims about peoples opinions on TM lets just assume the ones who still think he's the messiah are the kids from facebook.  And other part timers from the Oxford game who aren't even watching matches just picking up on the result when we don't lose.

There are many fall into both categories. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

After a defeat on Saturday where we played decently but lose he was a "performance related coach". Four days later after we win with a poor performance “Football’s about getting over the line, winning matches, finding a way to win."

His so called footballing principles change dependent on how we get on. His only true interest is his own self preservation. 

"It was a scrappy game" - News - Blackburn Rovers

This 👆

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

To counter some of the wild claims about peoples opinions on TM lets just assume the ones who still think he's the messiah are the kids from facebook.  And other part timers from the Oxford game who aren't even watching matches just picking up on the result when we don't lose.

There are many fall into both categories. 

The messiah Moggadon has decreed that Rovers are punching above our weight. So the disciples need to go I nto all the world and proclaim the gospel and commandments according to Tonebola:

I am the manager thy God
No other managers before me
Thou shall not make graven images or likenesses (just the one true manager immortalised in a flag paid for by the club in front of the JW)
Thou shalt not take TONY’s name in vain
Remember possession is king
Honour thy Venkys
Thou shalt make excuses to hide ones own failings 
Thou shalt be forgiven for sins with Mrs M’s lemon drizzle cake 
Thou shalt not expect or even hope for better
Thou shalt not covet Middlesbrough’s or West Brom’s manager

• Like 4

Makes me laugh when they continue to drag finances into when we've just played the likes of Rotherham and Barnsley etc.

Desperate clueless stuff to be honest, nobody is expecting we compete with the Watfords and the likes. Do they really think though that the likes of those last night pap on about stuff like that or do they just come and think get stuck in here and think we can get something ?

It's 11 v 11 week after week but with this managers rotating and messing it's often like 11 v 10.  No wonder he looks like he just wants to protect a point from the off yet purely based on budget we are far stronger than some others.

Why does this side often look like it lacks so much confidence in itself ?  Has to be down to the dinosaur tactics.

Mind you if there was 10k in there last night the crowd would be taking the blame for making players nervous.

That's another long standing Rovers myth that lockdown has exposed to be bollocks.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The messiah Moggadon has decreed that Rovers are punching above our weight. So the disciples need to go I nto all the world and proclaim the gospel and commandments according to Tonebola:

I am the manager thy God
No other managers before me
Thou shall not make graven images or likenesses (just the one true manager immortalised in a flag paid for by the club in front of the JW)
Thou shalt not take TONY’s name in vain
Remember possession is king
Honour thy Venkys
Thou shalt make excuses to hide ones own failings 
Thou shalt be forgiven for sins with Mrs M’s lemon drizzle cake 
Thou shalt not expect or even hope for better
Thou shalt not covet Middlesbrough’s or West Brom’s manager

Nothing worse than this sort of “I’ve watched football for 30 years” patronising stuff as if the rest of us haven’t.

You’ve also followed by the use of the word “disciple” for anyone who doesn’t join in the daily / weekly complaint about something he’s said or done.

Final paragraph, a humourless waste of my time.

It’s just a long winded way of writing “everyone who disagrees is stupid”.

As for last night, utterly woeful performance on many levels. As many “disciples” point out, if we aren’t meeting top six standard this season, it should be time for a change. A consistent level of performance like that would see us finish in the bottom 6.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Makes me laugh when they continue to drag finances into when we've just played the likes of Rotherham and Barnsley etc.

Do you think Rotherham and Barnsley have such lofty expectations and aspirations? No? What is the reason for that?..

Oh yea, finances! 🤦‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Good to see you again.

What a lovely post. Attacking fellow fans for having the audacity to have a different opinion. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Do you think Rotherham and Barnsley have such lofty expectations and aspirations? No? What is the reason for that?..

Oh yea, finances! 🤦‍♂️ 

But they haven't got a 7 million pound or a 5 million pound striker in their ranks so no.

Do you really think they came to Ewood shitting themselves about that though ? No because it's a football match of 11 v 11 not a bloody accountants meeting.

Besides how they feck do you know what their aspirations are ? Not every team below us is as unambitious as Mowbray.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

But they haven't got a 7 million pound or a 5 million pound striker in their ranks so no.

Do you really think they came to Ewood shitting themselves about that though ? No because it's a football match of 11 v 11 not a bloody accountants meeting.

Besides how they feck do you know what their aspirations are ? Not every team below us is as unambitious as Mowbray.

They don’t have the ability to invest like us or the quality youth coaching setup - that’s a basic reason for why both are less fancied clubs for promotion.

But as you rightly point out, £ isn’t fool proof for victory. In terms of last night though, I would suggest the fact we had a little more quality in the end (Elliott, Downing, Arma) probably won the points on that basis.

Certainly was no tactical change or style that won the day.

28 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Nothing worse than this sort of “I’ve watched football for 30 years” patronising stuff as if the rest of us haven’t.

You’ve also followed by the use of the word “disciple” for anyone who doesn’t join in the daily / weekly complaint about something he’s said or done.

Final paragraph, a humourless waste of my time.

It’s just a long winded way of writing “everyone who disagrees is stupid”.

As for last night, utterly woeful performance on many levels. As many “disciples” point out, if we aren’t meeting top six standard this season, it should be time for a change. A consistent level of performance like that would see us finish in the bottom 6.

Where've ya bin Joe?

Great to see you back posting.

• Like 1