BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

24 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

This looks like a copy and paste job from last summer.

You said then that he wasn't impressed with Tony & Steve and was signing for Hull because he liked Adkins.

What happened?!

Not sure, he ended up getting a pay rise and a new 3 year contract.  Dodged a bullet with Hull, his former donny manager just took them down. 

Perhaps the money on offer now we have high earners off tte bill means the deal is sweeter for Ben. Cracking player, technically gifted, scores goals from midfield amd can find a good pass.

If its copy and paste from last summer thats because the same player is in again....Tony's re-hash not mine

Edited by Sparks Rover

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-budget-transfers-18646217

Utterly depressing. Venkys still havent bothered to give him any indication. But lets be thankful to them eh. They dont give a shit.

He also batted off talk about budgets by deflecting onto those academy players that were on the pitch. Carter certainly isnt the answer, a million miles from being ready. Ive not been overly convinced by Rankin Costello as much as most and who certainly cant play in defence. Buckley? Ineffective and too weak at this moment.

Well according Mowbray's comments in the Lancashire Telegraph he said he hasn't had full clarity on it when asked a question about the budget

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18601936.downing-contract-expires-mowbray-waits-venkys-decision/

Blimey Carter has played 2 games and already wrote off. Rankin Costello has played left back and he is step up to the role even tho it isn't his position. I think he would be good attacking right back for us. Not sure Nyambe is attacking enough or good enough to play the attacking full back role. 

If we are going to start to bring through youth then fans need to patience and understand what we are doing. 

5 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Balogan the centre back at Wigan now a free agent. Yes please.

why? Barely played in years and 32 years old. played 23 games in 2 years. We can do much better than this guy

5 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

Loans next season are going to be a problem with teams allowed 5 subs

each league association has the option to go back to old rules, Which I hope happens and get rid of the drinks breaks

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

available on a free the article says, so he wouldn't anything more than wages and players/agent fees

The article is just suggest a player who we could sign him

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ben Whiteman in for talks tomorrow about a transfer from donny

what type of midfield is he?

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said last night that he has had no clarity on the budget.

He actually said he hasn't full clarity on the budget. 

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd like to have another look at him, let's see what he's learnt in his loan period.

Wharton deserve a chance next season

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well according Mowbray's comments in the Lancashire Telegraph he said he hasn't had full clarity on it when asked a question about the budget

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18601936.downing-contract-expires-mowbray-waits-venkys-decision/

Blimey Carter has played 2 games and already wrote off. Rankin Costello has played left back and he is step up to the role even tho it isn't his position. I think he would be good attacking right back for us. Not sure Nyambe is attacking enough or good enough to play the attacking full back role. 

If we are going to start to bring through youth then fans need to patience and understand what we are doing. 

why? Barely played in years and 32 years old. played 23 games in 2 years. We can do much better than this guy

each league association has the option to go back to old rules, Which I hope happens and get rid of the drinks breaks

Stop with the superfan, have patience crap please. Im just pointing out that Carter was out of his depth last night and if you were being realistic, you would admit that. Did I say that he will never make it? No. But is he ready to be playing a major role at this time? Absolutely not so why pretend otherwise. 

We need to focus on players that can actually bloody defend for once. Not that Mowbray has interest or now resources in fixing it. Is Rankin Costello an attacking threat anyway? Doesnt really run at players, not the quickest, and his crossing has been poor so far. He hasnt been been too bad but you certainly wouldnt want him at full back on the first day of next season. That being said, hes a winger so we wont know fully until he plays there. Nyambe at least can defend even if he has not developed as much as he could have. Converting wingers into full backs probably wont aid fixing our forever flimsy defence.

Its just the same usual cliches. I will be patient but I can also be constructively critical on a messageboard when evaluating player performances. If I dont think a player is ready yet, very fair with Carter, then I will say. Rankin Costello im sure will be around the squad, not sure which way that one will go yet, a big worry is that Mowbray makes him a utility man. Buckley I think has a blocked path at the moment. No good sticking him wide. Beyond that, which academy players are banging on the door? Guessing not many if they werent played even in the 2 dead rubbers. 

And pedantics aside, Mowbray is clearly in the dark about his budget and it doesnt look good. Venkys always cause delays at this time because they dont give a shit. Get the excuses out, its how they work, its tough in India with the pandemic, they have other businesses bla bla bla. If you want to go ahead as if everything is normal, pester away at journalists etc, fair play to you.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Why not? Are we getting 1.5 million when Smallwood's contract expires?

Who's his agent ?

Considerable savings on quite a few wages already will pay for him and no way will the fee be 1.5 mill probably about half that, hopefully

Then again who's his agent ?

54 minutes ago, superniko said:

He’s pretty highly regarded at Donny and I think has a few years left on his contract so would take a few million to get him. 
Hopefully that’s not our budget for defenders if it goes through!! Would be a good partner for Travis (again hopefully not a replacement)

Edit: My Donny supporting friend tells me he has a £1.5m release clause. Apparently the Peterborough chairman announced that on twitter over Xmas 

image.png.42b53cab42f7c1fb6356fa96f5cee045.png

I guess this is it. I'd be surprised if we're going straight out and spending £1.8m instantly.

Although going straight for a central midfielder who costs money when we have tons of them, making it the last priority in the squad, and sorely need to fix our defence and GK on what could be a limited budget sounds like the absolute most Mowbray thing that could happen...I don't buy the latest Whiteman story. It seems pretty clear TM has little idea of the budget. He has outright said it in fact.

Sparks said he is pulling our todger, but...to what end? Is he pulling the out of contract players todgers too? They'll figure it out pretty quickly when they see Whiteman in the building. It won't convince Donny or Whiteman, as we are actively bidding and negotiating, which you don't do without a sense of budget. I just don't see what him lying about it would accomplish.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

As we all know Mowbray says one thing and does the total opposite.

Anyway does Mowbray have to go on record and constantly say yes I have a budget? 

No but he was specifically asked about it and said hes had no clarity and hes not even in a position to offer contracts.

So unless hes lied and it was a ploy to keep transfers under wraps having had his budget confirmed by our newly proactive owners then I personally doubt any transfer business is imminent.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Who's his agent ?

Considerable savings on quite a few wages already will pay for him and no way will the fee be 1.5 mill probably about half that, hopefully

Then again who's his agent ?

They turned down over £1m from Hull for him in January.

Club captain. Would be surprised if he goes for anything below the alleged release clause of £1.8m

If anyone is coming in it will have to fit within the parameters of the structure at Ewood and the wriggle room Mowbray and Waggott have on finances.

Having chopped a substantial amount off the wage bill this morning, particularly with Downing, Graham, Smallwood and Samuel out the door there must be nearly £50k per week done there.

That lad from Doncaster won't be on 10% of that so adding his wages onto the books will be manageable. In terms of fee perhaps Donny will take anything right now to raise cash.

Believe it when I see it. I certainly won't be getting excited. Sounds like another Davenport to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If anyone is coming in it will have to fit within the parameters of the structure at Ewood and the wriggle room Mowbray and Waggott have on finances.

Having chopped a substantial amount off the wage bill this morning, particularly with Downing, Graham, Smallwood and Samuel out the door there must be nearly £50k per week done there.

That lad from Doncaster won't be on 10% of that so adding his wages onto the books will be manageable. In terms of fee perhaps Donny will take anything right now to raise cash.

Any money saved is going to be needed in more important areas (right now) than an umpteenth CM. It may even just be needed to cover losses if some of the more pessimistic projections on this board are right. That's also two strikers gone.

The lad from Donny may be on less than 10% of that, but I bet he will be asking for in the region of 20% of that. Then there's his fee. Maybe they'll take a cut price with the situation but maybe not.

Like I said I see this as a typically mystifying Mowbray move, but the logic around it being feasible right now and even Mowbray making it his first priority given everything else, seems too hazy.

• Backroom

Thinking aloud:

'Not clear on budget' doesn't mean he doesn't know his minimum.

Eg: Has £2m-£5m to spend. Needs clarity on exactly where the budget lies but can definitely spend £2m.

*Figures entirely hypothetical to explain the point.

20 minutes ago, superniko said:

They turned down over £1m from Hull for him in January.

Club captain. Would be surprised if he goes for anything below the alleged release clause of £1.8m

Unlikely it'll happen then this is probably this summers will he won't he saga only to be told his wage demands are too high.

Then he signs for Preston or Coventry.