BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Rhodes with another goal, seems to be finding his goalscoring touch again.

We should be far more inventive in the summer but there is no way that he doesnt walk into our team today.

How does Rhodes fit into Mowbray's tactics that he is deploy today considering we are playing false 9? 

Different manager/head coach maybe depending on their tactics. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

How does Rhodes fit into Mowbray's tactics that he is deploy today considering we are playing false 9? 

Different manager/head coach maybe depending on their tactics. 

How does anyone fit into mowbrays tactics. That’s the million dollar question 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

How does anyone fit into mowbrays tactics. That’s the million dollar question 😂

Well if you look at some of Mowbray's signings over the 2/3 seasons they dont his tactics or the way he wants to play like Ayala, Johnson for example

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Listening to the Neill interview on Radio Lancs - if he’s at Preston after the international break I’ll be surprised. A man honestly holding his hands up that he’s run his race. At least he’s honest.

According to Mercer he is replacing Mowbray before the summer. Any updates @Mercer ?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No he wouldnt, because Mowbrays tactics are bollocks.

so your comment that he would walk into our team is wrong then cos he wouldn't. 

Rhodes can finish but whether he would be regular starter in a top 6 side is very debateable. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so your comment that he would walk into our team is wrong then cos he wouldn't. 

Rhodes can finish but whether he would be regular starter in a top 6 side is very debateable. 

He would walk into todays team with a manager with any sense.

I never said that he is a regular starter in a top 6 side anymore, thats irrelevant.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

He would walk into todays team with a manager with any sense.

I never said that he is a regular starter in a top 6 side anymore, thats irrelevant.

Well no it isn't irrelevant considering the wages he is still on around 40k from what I believe. You aren't going to be offering that sort of wage to squad player. 

No he wouldn't walk to into team cos the team played and pick up a point. 

Rhodes need to play in a front 2 for me. We dont play that way. 

On a free transfer I'd take Rhodes every day of the week, he's a goal scorer and with Dack out and Armstrong most likely off we are going to need one of them. Create the chances for him that we create for Armstrong and he would score a hatful.

Our squad is going to most likely have a lot of new players next season and that will cost money, with Rhodes you can get a proven Championship striker for free and spend your transfer budget on other areas.

Another striker I'd hope that we are keeping an eye on if Charles at Accrington. If Mowbray is serious about replicating the Brentford model then a player like Charles is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well no it isn't irrelevant considering the wages he is still on around 40k from what I believe. You aren't going to be offering that sort of wage to squad player. 

He won't be on £40K a week after this season he will be getting nothing and Rhodes is a pretty level headed lad he knows he won't get this sort of money in todays world.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No he wouldn't walk to into team cos the team played and pick up a point. 

Rhodes need to play in a front 2 for me. We dont play that way. 

"We should be far more inventive in the summer but there is no way that he doesnt walk into our team today."

now equals we should definitely sign him and on exactly the same amount of money that he is on now.

Also, see his first season here as proof that he doesnt need a strike partner.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"We should be far more inventive in the summer but there is no way that he doesnt walk into our team today."

now equals we should definitely sign him and on exactly the same amount of money that he is on now.

Also, see his first season here as proof that he doesnt need a strike partner.

He is very different striker to the one we had back then. 

He is 31/32 years old, So you arent going to play up front are you?

You keep living in the past and not the present regarding Rhodes 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that we should sign Rhodes. I just said that even now he would be a massive improvement on todays team with Buckley and then Elliott up front.

playing as false 9? 

Rhodes cant play up front on his own anymore. He has no pace

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No! A false 9 shouldnt be used.

He never did and he still scored 28 goals without a strike partner.

But that's how we played today so he wouldnt play then. 

That's was years ago and you living in the past on Rhodes. He has scored that amount since leaving here over 5 years ago. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But that's how we played today so he wouldnt play then. 

That's was years ago and you living in the past on Rhodes. He has scored that amount since leaving here over 5 years ago. 

I think we’re all hoping Mowbray is long forgotten about by then. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Listening to the Neill interview on Radio Lancs - if he’s at Preston after the international break I’ll be surprised. A man honestly holding his hands up that he’s run his race. At least he’s honest.

Reports this evening that he will be leaving imminently. Good manager who has on the whole done a decent job. Apparently things have been a bit tense behind the scenes this season with multiple key players allowed to run their deals downed, who were then sold in January without adequate replacement. It has made things very difficult and Neil seems to have now given up.

He will go on to do well elsewhere but a parting of ways now feels like the right thing to do for all parties.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, north_ender said:

Reports this evening that he will be leaving imminently. Good manager who has on the whole done a decent job. Apparently things have been a bit tense behind the scenes this season with multiple key players allowed to run their deals downed, who were then sold in January without adequate replacement. It has made things very difficult and Neil seems to have now given up.

He will go on to do well elsewhere but a parting of ways now feels like the right thing to do for all parties.

It was the interview of a guy who’s run out of answers just like Mowbray has. At least he as good as admitted it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2