BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Frustrating to see Birmingham get the win at Rotherham. Two very damaging defeats for Rotherham this week. Probably means they go down now. Shame because I'd have liked to see them survive and for FFP cheats and 'massive' clubs Derby or Birmingham to go instead but looks like they'll both do enough.

• Like 1

Coventry won 2-0 against Barnsley, but Barnsley had 61% possession. The result all but relegates Wycombe as they can only now finish in 21st. Derby's last 4 games are against Preston, Birmingham, Swansea and Sheff Wed; Wycombe's against Bristol City, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Middlesborough. Wycombe look doomed.

17 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Coventry won 2-0 against Barnsley, but Barnsley had 61% possession. The result all but relegates Wycombe as they can only now finish in 21st. Derby's last 4 games are against Preston, Birmingham, Swansea and Sheff Wed; Wycombe's against Bristol City, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Middlesborough. Wycombe look doomed.

Importantly, can Rovers still sneak into top 6?

3 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Importantly, can Rovers still sneak into top 6?

It would require mass administration for all of the clubs above us, with attendant docking of points, plus a large dollop of something in the pre-match brew to make our squad of misplaced misfits get their fingers out of their arses and do some work for a change.

Oh and the gurning one would STILL find a way to keep our heads under water.

So no, ain't happening 😞

I think Championship has been at its worse this year. The quality is so low and even the better teams are simply average. Think that all 3 teams that go up might end up being relegated back to the championship at the end of next season. When was the last time that this happened?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

If Coventry beat Stoke tonight and/or there's a winner between Forest and Birmingham then we'll drop another couple of places to 18th.

Good job the league tables don't matter.

I'm betting we finish 5th bottom. Ahead of Rotherham and Derby(who will go down) 

Time ,money, journey, possesion based game etc etc 

Pitiful 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

6 hours ago, DE. said:

21st would be ideal. Make it as embarrassing as possible for Mowbray without us actually going down.

And better still if we're less than 6 points ahead of Sheff Wednesday so we actually stay up because of their points deduction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

This seasons Championship has been particularly poor, both in quality and in entertainment. Basically everything is already sorted with 2 games to go.

I think its been far less entertaining cos of lack of fans inside stadiums. So you lose the atmosphere which can inspire teams. 

The best 2 squads in the league have got the top 2 spots. No surprises. 

Now between Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Derby who go down.  

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Presume Rotherham game will be on Sky next week as play offs and top two are settled already...

Rotherham's game at Brentford is already on Sky on Tuesday night. I suspect Sky might prefer Swansea v WRDC on Saturday, which will be equally critical and will attract a bigger audience.

Derby look to be in a very dangerous position. It's going to be tough to get anything at Swansea (unless they decide to rest players for the play-offs) and then they are away at Sheffield Wednesday on the last day. It Wednesday get at least a point against Forest on Saturday then they will pass Derby if they beat them. Rotherham also still have a good chance, especially if we give them 3 points on Saturday, as we may well do.

28 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Rotherham's game at Brentford is already on Sky on Tuesday night. I suspect Sky might prefer Swansea v WRDC on Saturday, which will be equally critical and will attract a bigger audience.

Derby look to be in a very dangerous position. It's going to be tough to get anything at Swansea (unless they decide to rest players for the play-offs) and then they are away at Sheffield Wednesday on the last day. It Wednesday get at least a point against Forest on Saturday then they will pass Derby if they beat them. Rotherham also still have a good chance, especially if we give them 3 points on Saturday, as we may well do.

A fascinating set of possibilities.  I wonder if Forest will take it easy on Saturday against Sheff Wed to try and aid their survival chances at the expense of Wayne Rooney's club? Probably not so sneaky, but if it were us and we could contribute to Burnley's relegation I'd be well up for it.

I'd like to see Rotherham survive and Rooney's side and Wednesday go down as FFP fiddlers but I think Rotherham might have played their hand and have too much to do from here.

On balance I think I'd sooner see Rooney's side go down the Owls, I think both could go into a tailspin with relegation and off the pitch uncertainty and financial issues but then again I thought that about us and Hull and both bounced straight back. Sheff Wed a better day out and away trip than Derby though so there's that.

19 hours ago, bazza said:

Bristol City lost 3-2 at home to Luton Town. It's taking Pearson a long time to organise his squad. However, I bet they do well next season.

I don't get the fuss around Pearson. Did well at Leicester - but they finished 14th in the Premier League before he was sacked and then won the league the season after.

His record since Leicester isn't great.

Derby - 21.4% (win percentage)

OH Leuven - 32.1%

Watford - 31.8%

Bristol City - 16.7%

Certainly nothing to get excited about.

• Like 1