BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Brum are going down. One of the worst teams in the league and poor ownership to boot. All the other teams around them can point to some encouraging signs but struggle to see any reason why Brum will stay up save Rotherham burn out with all the games they need to catch up on. Even then for the first one or two they may have an advantage over other teams and get clear. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Brum are going down. One of the worst teams in the league and poor ownership to boot. All the other teams around them can point to some encouraging signs but struggle to see any reason why Brum will stay up save Rotherham burn out with all the games they need to catch up on. Even then for the first one or two they may have an advantage over other teams and get clear. 

Good. The season will have some joy in it.

• Like 2

Yeah that was one of the questions on the ifollow survey I completed, I said a big no to that particular idea, but I imagine plenty will have said a big yes, and why wouldn’t they?

It would be a disaster for season ticket sales, as why bother if it’s on ifollow? You would know you don’t need to rush around for night matches (or waste money if you know you rarely bother with them) and you’d also know you can now stay in your warm living room over winter...

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah that was one of the questions on the ifollow survey I completed, I said a big no to that particular idea, but I imagine plenty will have said a big yes, and why wouldn’t they?

It would be a disaster for season ticket sales, as why bother if it’s on ifollow? You would know you don’t need to rush around for night matches (or waste money if you know you rarely bother with them) and you’d also know you can now stay in your warm living room over winter...

Completely agree ..as ST holders im sure we ve all had that Tuesday night feeling of .."shall i shant i" but go due to  the so called logic ive paid for my ticket. May as well flatten Riverside if this is the route the EFL is going .

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

And that sums up the ineptitude of the EFL. It will be hard enough enticing fans back without hare brained schemes like this.

• Like 2

Well midweek games will be on the red button again next season anyway i'm guessing.

I think it depends if clubs are going to operate on a restricted attendance or not, if so I wouldn't be against it if was only available if the the restricted attendance sold out quickly.

If there are no restrictions in place though after June and clubs can operate as normal (which if everything goes to plan I cant see why they couldn't) then its a horrible idea, a real crowd killer.

I think one thing both the EFL and clubs are concerned about is that they suspect a number of fans will be hesitant to return at first no matter what the rules are and they may be looking at a way to keep them engaged until confidence returns.

I'd agree however that blanket provision of iFollow to all fans will kill attendances.

• Like 1

Is it a possibility that clubs will be cautious and not allow away fans in for next season while things are getting back to "normal"?

If so then obviously there would be a market to buy away games on ifollow. 

There is a strong possibility that there will be third wave of the virus in the Autumn. Whilst it might not be anywhere near as severe as what we have been through given that adults will have been vaccinated by then it could cause some restrictions in movement and big crowds at sports games could be affected. So reduced crowds are a possibility next season.

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lee Bowyer resigned at Charlton to move to Birmingham if Media reports are correct

Could well be, Birmingham looked to have secured their man, before binning Karanka. It seemed to me that Bournemouth's lined up man bailed leading to Woodgate as a stopgap to the end of the season.

Both Wycombe and Sheff Wed made Norwich work for the win. I can't see us doing that with Mowbray still here. I can't see us getting anything against Pearson's Bristol City, one of the men I'd have had in the frame to replace Mowbray.

On 15/03/2021 at 13:21, chaddyrovers said:

Lee Bowyer resigned at Charlton to move to Birmingham if Media reports are correct

If that's the case Brum are a real basket case of a club. Out of the frying pan into the fire. And all Charlton fans agree with me.

1 hour ago, bazza said:

If that's the case Brum are a real basket case of a club. Out of the frying pan into the fire. And all Charlton fans agree with me.

Bowyer was appointed as head coach tonight.

He took training today. Looks Craig Gardner has joined him there on his staff

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bowyer was appointed as head coach tonight.

He took training today. Looks Craig Gardner has joined him there on his staff

Craig Gardner was already there working under Karanka.

He did leave for a short while to be assistant to Pulis at Sheff Wed but went back to Birmingham straight after being sacked at Sheff Wed.

Birmingham labelled a basket case and I don't like Bowyer but suspect his arrival might be the shot in the arm they need to get themselves safe. Shame as I'd like to see them go down but he's done ok at Charlton in tough conditions. Imagine such swift decisiveness at Rovers rather than 'together' and confusion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Birmingham labelled a basket case and I don't like Bowyer but suspect his arrival might be the shot in the arm they need to get themselves safe. Shame as I'd like to see them go down but he's done ok at Charlton in tough conditions. Imagine such swift decisiveness at Rovers rather than 'together' and confusion.

After this weekend games there is 2 weeks break in fixtures where a change of manager/structure could happen at Rovers. Lets see what happens.