BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

30 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Love to get excited about women's world cup but just can't. It's nowhere near the same. I haven't watched a single game. It will never get to the same level

You have to see it for what it is , like a decent U15 game. It's never going to be the same as the mens game 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You have to see it for what it is , like a decent U15 game. It's never going to be the same as the mens game 

I like the way the ball is moved forward more quickly. Like men's football used to be before we decided " Keep ball and death by a thousand passes " was the way forward

13 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think we can beat this USA team.

Will be a hell of an effort but they aren’t too solid themselves at the back.

I thought the US rode their luck last night. going 5-4-1 with 30 minutes to play is a risky option at the best of times. You end up defending your own penalty area for long spells of the game. The thing about the US though, like all good sports teams, they never beat themselves. They never blow up, you have to play better than them to beat them.

Regarding the semi final, England will have to raise their game  some more but if we can do we've got a good chance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

Love to get excited about women's world cup but just can't. It's nowhere near the same. I haven't watched a single game. It will never get to the same level

Of course it won't get to the same level but it's very watchable and some of the players are outstanding. Bronze's strike for England's 3rd goal was brilliant technically

• Like 5

12 hours ago, roverandout said:

To be fair slightly self defeating that, watch a game or two - just accept it as football, the standards are getting so much higher than they used to be.

I wanted to give it a fair shake so watched the first few games... and then just kept watching. I must have seen 80% of the games by now. It's good football. Honestly the quality involved in this years tournament is higher than I've ever seen in the womens game across the park, particularly goalkeeping,  and I've found some of the matches a lot more entertaining than some of the dross we've had to sit through following rovers for the last few seasons.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Of course it won't get to the same level but it's very watchable and some of the players are outstanding. Bronze's strike for England's 3rd goal was brilliant technically

I'll tell you what Jim, I wouldn't have fancied my chances playing right wing against the USA left back. She's really rapid and really good in the tackle.  You think you've got past and shes sliding in there again. Good player. The three posers we have playing there could do worse that watch how she plays.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'll tell you what Jim, I wouldn't have fancied my chances playing right wing against the USA left back. She's really rapid and really good in the tackle.  You think you've got past and shes sliding in there again. Good player. The three posers we have playing there could do worse that watch how she plays.

Funnily enough I found myself thinking that Bell would have got destroyed in the same situation.

As for England's 3rd goal. I don't think there's a current Rovers player that can hit a ball like that.

2 minutes ago, Husky said:

Funnily enough I found myself thinking that Bell would have got destroyed in the same situation.

As for England's 3rd goal. I don't think there's a current Rovers player that can hit a ball like that.

Who do you think would win in a match between England Women and Mowbray’s Rovers?

16 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think we can beat this USA team.

Will be a hell of an effort but they aren’t too solid themselves at the back.

Looked pretty solid to me against France, certainly better than we look defensively.  Thought France were the better team myself.  Good game though, I enjoyed it.  Be a tough one for us come Tuesday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just to give you a bit of perspective,  USA ladies (world champions) played a champion High School 15s team a few weeks back,  got battered 7-0

Weeks? Ouch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just to give you a bit of perspective,  USA ladies (world champions) played a champion High School 15s team a few weeks back,  got battered 7-0

Really, you surprise me - is that an under 15's team ? I played for my town at that age and I wouldn't have fancied our chances against the USA team.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Really, you surprise me - is that an under 15's team ? I played for my town at that age and I wouldn't have fancied our chances against the USA team.

https://www.90min.com/posts/4833646-some-people-think-it-s-funny-that-the-usa-women-s-national-team-were-apparently-beaten-by-u15-boys

Half truth really, and was a couple of years ago

US women lose 5-2 to Dallas U15's boys in practice match 2 years ago:

https://www.90min.com/posts/4833646-some-people-think-it-s-funny-that-the-usa-women-s-national-team-were-apparently-beaten-by-u15-boys

Australia women lose 7-0 to U15's boys 3 years ago:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html

Old stories twisted together into Chinese whispers and repeated until they become "truth" to play down how far the women's game has come.

• Like 2

Not going to reopen the Maltese men's team debate but the women's team which impressed me the most for skill, organisation and fitness has been the Japanese. I'd take their impassive unsmiling coach to sort out any football team.

All about 5ft nothing though.

• Like 1

So refreshing to watch and so much better than the total bollocks the men"s game has become. Honest footballers, none of the cheating no marks we see in "professional" men's football.

Rovers apart I'd watch the women's game in future over the men's every time.

• Like 1