BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Cambridge obviously don’t give a shit about the environment 🙄

I don't believe we do - it's a charade and could ultimately lead to some of the ticket office staff losing their jobs. Perhaps that is their ulterior motive.

• Like 6

Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but what was the FF reaction to this utter nonsense? Did they just nod along to it in agreement like they appear to do with everything else?

Ive been saying for years we'll be lucky if we still have a Club left by the time Waggott is finished, I do wonder what his end game is - no-one could possibly be that stupid.

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but what was the FF reaction to this utter nonsense? Did they just nod along to it in agreement like they appear to do with everything else?

Ive been saying for years we'll be lucky if we still have a Club left by the time Waggott is finished, I do wonder what his end game is - no-one could possibly be that stupid.

We likely wont have a club by the time Venkys have had enough. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ive been saying for years we'll be lucky if we still have a Club left by the time Waggott is VENKYS ARE finished, I do wonder what his end game is - no-one could possibly be that stupid.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Simon - how do you expect the FF to have had a reaction to this given it has been announced since our last meeting?

We are making representations direct to management outside the meeting structure though.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Simon - how do you expect the FF to have had a reaction to this given it has been announced since our last meeting?

We are making representations direct to management outside the meeting structure though.

Would you have expected them to have mentioned this sort of thing at the previous meeting?

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I wonder , what the Venkys end game is ?

Waggott appears to be a loose cannon , who needs to be sacked asap !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I wonder , what the Venkys end game is ?

Waggott appears to be a loose cannon , who needs to be sacked asap !

He's towing the party line and acting completely within his remit without ever rocking the boat.

The real problem has, is and always will be venkys.

It's just easy to blame maggot for a lot of things as he is such a piece of shit.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It wasn’t mentioned at that last FF meeting.

I absolutely wouldn’t have ‘nodded along’ like I apparently do with everything else.

A very poor take from you.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Would you have expected them to have mentioned this sort of thing at the previous meeting?

They wouldnt have known the opposition then. Had we got a plum tie at Ewood they wouldnt have done it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

They wouldnt have known the opposition then. Had we got a plum tie at Ewood they wouldnt have done it.

But the club could have tabled the idea, just in case, to see what the feed back would be from the fans forum. Instead of just foisting the system on us, and alienating more supporters.

On 15/12/2023 at 13:48, arbitro said:

I don't believe we do - it's a charade and could ultimately lead to some of the ticket office staff losing their jobs. Perhaps that is their ulterior motive.

The club certainly don't care about the environment around Ewood.

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I imagine it was only thought up in some ‘brainstorming’ (the irony) meeting post the 3rd round draw. No strategic thinking here.

Perhaps if the identities of the people who think up these strange ideas was made public, like good ideas are. There would be less strange ideas.

I suspect it is just dealt with on a game-by-game basis, made up at the point the 'powers that be' are deciding how to approach the fixture.

In much the same way as it seems the entire club strategy is made up on a year-by-year basis depending upon what side of bed the owners get out of and what they fancy doing.

With the skeletal, bare-minimum-will-do system down there they've got it sussed for the League games because those are easy to predict and cater for. It's the same every year, they know in the summer that they'll have 23 league games to deal with and those will fall roughly each fortnight and usually the numbers turning up will fall somewhere between 11,000 and 14,000. They know from the start they'll have their Preston/Leeds/Sunderland/Middlesbrough ones which will cause some additional hassle but will be covered by them charging £30 a head for it.

There's more of a problem with cup games, because these are possibles rather than guaranteed and we don't find out about them until a few weeks beforehand. Also in the vast majority of cases they are against small clubs with small followings and there are much less home fans interested in going. 

The difficulty this creates is ensuring the fixture passes with minimum hassle and expense, that's all they are interested in doing down there. So shut the Riverside, shut the BBE, digital tickets, close hospitality, these are all brainwaves coming from Waggott and his underlings as to how to reduce and minimise cost and hassle whilst still meeting the obligation of hosting the match. Bare minimum effort. 

I've no doubt they'd rather we didn't have any of these games and they could just do the 23 league matches. I'm sure there's people down there who would rather we exited the cup at the first hurdle every year or played every tie away from home so it saves them extra work. 

Digital tickets just saves them a job. Keeps fans away from the shop and ticket office, avoids any need to pay staff to sell them especially on matchday. So what if it means 4000 instead of 5000. 

• Like 7

On 17/12/2023 at 09:59, K-Hod said:

It wasn’t mentioned at that last FF meeting.

I absolutely wouldn’t have ‘nodded along’ like I apparently do with everything else.

A very poor take from you.

OK, I look forward to hearing what the Club's responses to O2G's representations are and also the Forum's reaction to those responses.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.superstarspeakers.co.uk/event-details/an-evening-with-liverpool-legends-blackburn-29th-february-2024

’Liverpool legends night comes to Blackburn’

I’m thinking ‘’load of plastic Scousers at King George’s Hall, pathetic”… clicks link, no it’s at Ewood, of course it is.

The ‘Head of Consumer’ obviously knows what plenty of locals want to consume , I suppose… but so small time I’m still cringing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.superstarspeakers.co.uk/event-details/an-evening-with-liverpool-legends-blackburn-29th-february-2024

I’m thinking ‘’load of plastic Scousers at King George’s Hall, pathetic”… clicks link, no it’s at Ewood, of course it is.

The ‘Head of Consumer’ obviously knows what plenty of locals want to consume , I suppose… but so small time I’m still cringing.

And some of our lot had the temerity to have a go at Nobbers for allowing Liverpool to use their ground for a pre season friendly. And they will be selling Liverpool merchandise.........at Ewood.

Frankly that is embarrassing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And some of our lot had the temerity to have a go at Nobbers for allowing Liverpool to use their ground for a pre season friendly. And they will be selling Liverpool merchandise.........at Ewood.

Frankly that is embarrassing.

Are they selling hard copy tickets or just e-tickets ?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bin dipping rats ...rather eat cat shit