BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

• Backroom

Another club who couldn’t lie straight in bed

Just admit you thought you’d get away with it, there’s no way it hasn’t been signed off high up and plenty of people had chance to suggest it may not go down too well 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I worry people on this forum think Waggots doing his best, and that the digital day won't be successful because it's not a big game.

To add.

I have no clue why we need to constantly do fan takeovers, effectively doing Waggots job for free.

Furthermore, what the fuck is the point in this relationship with Waggot that got signed the other month? 

The club's getting worse and worse, where's the pressure to improve the club and push the relationship and get above him to the people who actually own Rovers? 

Great post.

Waggott seems only interested in maintaining his £300 k p.a. for as long as possible and won't try anything that 99.9% of normal Clubs would do in our situation that might mean he misses some of his targets and puts that employment at risk

What's the point in fans groups constantly advising him the Club have made catastrophic decision after decision only for him to say "I'll look into it" with no end result and no subsequent improvement?

In the bigger picture whilst the official Club rationale for digital day is an absolute nonsense it's sets a very dangerous precedent for what they are likely to try in future and Waggott needs to be told enough is enough. Not be constantly indulged like a naughty schoolboy. In the bigger picture as well it's under his tenure as CEO the Club have ended up completely at the mercy of an Indian Court.

Does he bear no responsibility for that? "I'm sorry it shouldnt have happened" "That's ok Steve - crack on!"

On the plus side - the tea and biscuits are no doubt lovely though.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

Work is taking place to get direct dialogue with the owners.  I cannot and will not say anymore.

You're trying to make yourself sound incredibly important there, all I can say is that to the best of my knowledge that has already been tried over a substantial period of time with extremely limited success.

I can't tell you any more - if I did I'd have to kill you.

What are the odds of the 150th anniversary kit being claret and blue?

”Oh I didn’t realise they were Burnley colours, we’ve had the kit made so we can’t change it”.

20 hours ago, Hasta said:

I didn’t say buy a ticket on the day digitally.

I said people who go to the ticket office and buy or collect tickets on the matchday would be excluded.  That was the point I made. You then said you would get a ticket on the day and that you would “quite possibly” buy it from the ticket office or collect it. Currently you won’t as it’s not possible.

If they do make a u-turn tomorrow then they’re even dumber than we thought, as all evening they’ve had it as their lead story indicating there are no ‘walk-up’ sales.

so I can now buy a ticket from the ticket office on the day if I want and collect from them on the day? 

No surprised at the U-turn but should have been done earlier 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

so I can now buy a ticket from the ticket office on the day if I want and collect from them on the day? 

No surprised at the U-turn but should have been done earlier 

As I said earlier, fucking imbeciles.

Edited by Hasta

16 hours ago, arbitro said:

Are people losing their Minds...imagine the Blues bar decked out in Claret n blue next time we play Burnley!!

WTF!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Polky said:

What are the odds of the 150th anniversary kit being claret and blue?

”Oh I didn’t realise they were Burnley colours, we’ve had the kit made so we can’t change it”.

Has anyone seen the English game on Netflix... you couldnt make it up.

• Like 1

I think a key question fans should be asking next time they meet with Waggot.

Is why should we support you and the board? 

Why should we support Rovers, sell it to me Steve?

Also, has anyone ever been able to have a face 2 face with Pasha?

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I think a key question fans should be asking next time they meet with Waggot.

Is why should we support you and the board? 

Why should we support Rovers, sell it to me Steve?

Also, has anyone ever been able to have a face 2 face with Pasha?

I did exactly this in our last meeting , and also asked him what he had achieved.

I also told him single handedly on four occasions since the end of last season he has ensured my renewal remains unrenewed , and not even a free ticket would get me through those turnstiles.

Under no certain terms was it pointed out to him that he lacks ambition ,that he now only does 50% of what was his original remit and should of took a pay cut.

I also stated that protest are not something of the past and could become very much of the near future, as those with the largest voice are voting with their feet by not attending.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I did exactly this in our last meeting , and also asked him what he had achieved.

I also told him single handedly on four occasions since the end of last season he has ensured my renewal remains unrenewed , and not even a free ticket would get me through those turnstiles.

Under no certain terms was it pointed out to him that he lacks ambition ,that he now only does 50% of what was his original remit and should of took a pay cut.

I also stated that protest are not something of the past and could become very much of the near future, as those with the largest voice are voting with their feet by not attending.

How did he sell Rovers to you?

Sounds like it's time for @RoversTrust to send out a statement around our discontent at Waggot.

We can't keep tiptoeing around the subject.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm flabbergasted at some of the things I'm reading, and head is spinning around.

Some questions 

1. People trying to contact the owners,  hoping that over a biscuit it may happen.  Why has only one person actually contacted me for their numbers and introduction and not any of the people who seek this?

2. Why are people helping to paper over the cracks,  when the best solution is the removal of the board and new owners?

3. When did we become so helpless and soft centered?

It's either ramp up the pressure for the removal , or continue down the spiral.

When is enough really enough?

We are going backwards here, from a club who we had on the ropes to now a club where to the outside world couldn't be any rosier 

What is your suggestion to how the new owners are obtained ?

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Same way every other club gets them.

Put the place up for sale.

I think the poster to whom I addressed the question was suggesting that there was a way that fans could get the owners to put the club up for sale. I can't see how myself so was asking him for his reasoning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Tom Brady and Swag, now that’s a combination.

How does Mowbray keep getting these gigs?

Won't be too long before he's trying to dampen Brady's enthusiasm, telling him that he doesn't want success too quickly and the Club should be on a 5 year journey.

Also if he was too far away from his family here and always moaning about it, how does working in Birmingham fly?

Looks like the pound notes triumphed over being a family man. Hypocritical arsehole.

He probably is an attractive proposition because he is clearly capable of doing a good if unspectacular job at this level, with his most recent 2 seasons at this level leading to a recently promoted team making the play offs and a team who had just sold its best player and reinvested nothing to one place outside the play offs.

Obviously not factoring in a weird hatred partially driven by wanting to deflect any blame away from Venkys.

• Like 1