BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

As predicted I see kipre hasn’t played a game for West Brom. Confirms what I’ve always suspected that players would rather sit on the bench of a premier league team, not even an established one, than play every week in the championship.

Nonsense. Well some might, and wed all be pretty tempted by doubling our wage packet. But because he hasnt played doesnt mean he went there knowing he would never play.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Lenihan has all the attributes to be a very good central defender, but for some reason he's not showing that kind of form, but I believe thats more to do with the players around him than anything else. 

I remember being the loan voice on here at times about Scott Dann, who also had all the attributes, you could see week in week he had that extra bit of quality, but was surrounded by players who didn't have his ability and that reflected bad on him. Needless to say once he left he was exceptional at Palace, surrounded by better players and on the brink of an England call up, he's been in the Premiership since 2014, a very good central defender.

Lets hope Tony has pulled another rabbit out of the hat here and that goes on to inspire Lenihan and sure up that defence. 

I personally think that Lenihan is after Armstrong our most under appreciated player.

He can be rash, he isnt the most cultured of players and he isnt perfect but we win far more points with him than without him. He wins lots of headers, hes quick across the ground and he is a leader.

The only partner he has had trouble with is Ayala, whether that is down to a lack of balance (both struggle on the left of the 2) or Ayala's constant injuries making it difficult to strike up a partnership together.

He did have a wobbly spell earlier in the season but his problem is, he is the constant so when we have a decent spell, the credit goes elsewhere. He kept a few clean sheets early on with Williams, but Williams got all the credit for some reason. Wharton came into the team, he was the new kid on the block, the pair did well but Wharton got all the credit. Now Branthwaite, I think Lenihan has been superb in the last month but the new loanee gets all the credit.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Did I say we did, I said Mowbray.isnunder achieving with this squad.  From what I have read there are plenty on here  who think we do have a better squad.

Which are?

A few, Players out of position., Selection of favourites first, regardless of ability or form, inability to organise a defence.  Too cautious.  Tinkers too much to suit the opposition, rather than play to our strengths.  Poor handling of players, man management.

If we're underperforming with this squad it follows we should be higher in the league. Where do you think this squad should finish?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said moving to WBA was the wrong move cos he wouldnt play there. 

At that point, he would have fancied his chances of Premier League football, a very difficult prospect to turn down, plus double his wage.

I would have done the same, but we dont have a career adviser with a biased viewpoint like yourself.

• Like 1

Bloody hell if only Cedric Kipre read this board so he could base his career moves off what chaddy says.

The bloke got offered more money, at a higher division and clearly thought he could perform there, why wouldn’t he make that move? 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

At that point, he would have fancied his chances of Premier League football, a very difficult prospect to turn down, plus double his wage.

I would have done the same, but we dont have a career adviser with a biased viewpoint like yourself.

He wasnt going to get that chance under Bilic. Forget the wages, playing regular first team football should have come first. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wasnt going to get that chance under Bilic. Forget the wages, playing regular first team football should have come first. 

So If I knocked on your door tonight and said - " I've just opened a new warehouse and I could do with a stand by fork truck driver. You can work days, they're brand new trucks, it's a heated warehouse, you just take over if one of the other lads is off sick other than that get your feet up in the canteen. Oh, and by the way I'm doubling your wages ".

I presume you'd tell me to do one.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So If I knocked on your door tonight and said - " I've just opened a new warehouse and I could do with a stand by fork truck driver. You can work days, they're brand new trucks, it's a heated warehouse, you just take over if one of the other lads is off sick other than that get your feet up in the canteen. Oh, and by the way I'm doubling your wages ".

I presume you'd tell me to do one.

A scenario that would NEVER happen tho so its pointless question. Very happy in my current job thanks

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why does plan B appear to be so much better than plan A and why can't Mowbray make his plan B the plan A in the next match?

Also why does it take us 75 minutes to ratchet up any sort of momentum in games?

Because Mowbray is not a good manager

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Because Mowbray is not a good manager

Well yes, goes without saying. Same as his habit of going on winless runs and sequences of taking alot of points, and for the team then to go in reverse. It's more to do with him habitually picking the wrong starting XI, getting it right late in the match, then swapping the team around for the next game; plus the team looking as if they couldn't be arsed for most of the game before finally waking up when it's almost too late

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Well yes, goes without saying. Same as his habit of going on winless runs and sequences of taking alot of points, and for the team then to go in reverse. It's more to do with him habitually picking the wrong starting XI, getting it right late in the match, then swapping the team around for the next game; plus the team looking as if they couldn't be arsed for most of the game before finally waking up when it's almost too late

All the things you have listed (and more) are the results of the problem. Get rid of the problem, and you should get rid of the results.

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's what happened in Kipre's case though.

He could have come here and play regular 1st team football and help us get promotion instead he been just training there with the odd bench spot. Surely playing regular football would have been more beneficial for his career?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He could have come here and play regular 1st team football and help us get promotion instead he been just training there with the odd bench spot. Surely playing regular football would have been more beneficial for his career?

Sat in the middle of the Championship with a manager that places very little value on defence 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There are 2 aspects that you arent grasping:

1) He will not have been told that he will rarely make the squad. He would have seen an opportunity to join a Premier League squad and play Premier League football and as an ambitious footballer would have not wanted to miss that opportunity. Its ok you being a career adviser unable to put personal bias aside, but 99% would have done what he did.

2) It is also ok taking the moral high ground implying that money should not be at the top of his priorities list. If say he is on 20k instead of 10k, thats half a million a year. Everyone wants more money, to discard it as a reason is naive to the extreme.

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Sat in the middle of the Championship with a manager that places very little value on defence 

we are 3 points of the playoffs currently and is hardly middle of the championship is it? Plus playing regular first team football is much better than just training every day and being on the bench in the odd game

and would be be higher in the league if he had been here?