BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

Another clean sheet which is the way to Championship success. A couple of Rovers supporters I speak to have given me some food for thought regarding Lenihan and evedentially I find it hard to disagree. Lenihans best matches this season have been with either Wharton or Branthwaite beside him and both are better footballers than him which, in a strange way inspires him and he does seem a better player and not the panic ridden, error prone footballer we sometimes see.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Another clean sheet which is the way to Championship success. A couple of Rovers supporters I speak to have given me some food for thought regarding Lenihan and evedentially I find it hard to disagree. Lenihans best matches this season have been with either Wharton or Branthwaite beside him and both are better footballers than him which, in a strange way inspires him and he does seem a better player and not the panic ridden, error prone footballer we sometimes see.

Is he a better technical ‘footballer’ than Williams? I suppose maybe he thinks he is, which would lead to the problems you describe.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

As predicted I see kipre hasn’t played a game for West Brom. Confirms what I’ve always suspected that players would rather sit on the bench of a premier league team, not even an established one, than play every week in the championship.

Confirms nothing mate. Kipre didn’t go there ‘to sit on the bench’. He went there hoping to play in the Premier League. He hasn’t been deemed as better than what West Brom. 

• Like 1

Personally think Darragh is better with someone with pace partnering him, almost a get-out clause. Braithwaite is ridiculously fast for a 6.5ft centre half, think everton list him as one of the fastest players at the club. That alone makes him, potentially of course, an absolute top drawer defender in years to come.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Is he a better technical ‘footballer’ than Williams? I suppose maybe he thinks he is, which would lead to the problems you describe.

Personally I wouldn't describe either Williams or Lenihan as technical footballers 😁. On a serious note we also discussed whether Lenihan may be happier to be the more senior of the partnership. I thought Lenihan was decent last season with Tosin beside him which adds evidence to the theory.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Sometimes i wish people want us to lose was one critique  from someone and your first post after the game was all about you complaining that there were   people moaning after yesterdays game,you must have short term memory loss of what you posted yesterday.

Right so you can't provide what I asked and completely fabricated what you said? Very bizarre. You literally made up things that didn't happen so maybe worry about your own brain function as I am fully aware of what I said and what was said to me. You on the other hand..

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Right so you can't provide what I asked and completely fabricated what you said? Very bizarre. You literally made up things that didn't happen so maybe worry about your own brain function as I am fully aware of what I said and what was said to me. You on the other hand..

If you want to look at it that way then do so,still doesnt change you saying nobody should be moaning after yesterdays result,when we're stuck in this league again next year after Mowbray fails again to get us promoted maybe we will get your permission to point out the faults in a performance from Mowbrays team.

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

If you want to look at it that way then do so,still doesnt change you saying nobody should be moaning after yesterdays result,when we're stuck in this league again next year after Mowbray fails again to get us promoted maybe we will get your permission to point out the faults in a performance from Mowbrays team.

You mean look at it logically? You are ranting about things that haven't happened...you do remember what I said yesterday yeah? And other posts I have made because they are FAR from what you are describing..you seem to have created this narrative in your head and are sticking to it pal. 

46 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Personally think Darragh is better with someone with pace partnering him, almost a get-out clause. Braithwaite is ridiculously fast for a 6.5ft centre half, think everton list him as one of the fastest players at the club. That alone makes him, potentially of course, an absolute top drawer defender in years to come.

Yes but is he as fast as Magloire ?

Wow! Look at some of the exchanges here ....and after a win too..

Well, I sat through the game moaning and cursing in discontent.We did seem so disjointed.

But I absolutely loved that winner-Adam "Karmastrong"or what!

Just as my heart was sinking at another Luton player falling down to break up any of our momentum ...I missed the quick thinking bit by Holtby in real time, but it looks brilliant on replay.

It seems that the defence is sorted, injuries permitting! Now the "over-resourced" midfield is an injury minefield.

Trybull (back), Johnson ( hamstring), Davenport (hamstring)     ... On the bench, Holtby is coming back from injury and we know about Dacky.. Also on the bench he had Benno, who has to regain match fitness and, of course, Evans (lol)

So TM had to start  with Travis, who is still working towards match fitness and the highly experienced Downing, who can't be match fit, given the few games he has played. Does that explain the lack of fluidity? ( well, some of it, anyway..)

If I abandon the mantra about repeated patterns and Mowbray death spirals, followed by job-saving winning runs etc, maybe, just maybe, I can see this as Tony getting results, while nursing back key players and awaiting the cavalry...

I remember Jack Charlton, as Wednesday manager, complaining about Kendall's 1981 Rovers, who "play crap every week, but still manage to win." I know we were'n't always easy to watch. That year we fished 4th (well joint 3rd)

A reasonable, open fair reflection...or a study in denial?

Discuss in light of the old adage "There's no fool like an old fool".

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Lenihan has all the attributes to be a very good central defender, but for some reason he's not showing that kind of form, but I believe thats more to do with the players around him than anything else. 

I remember being the loan voice on here at times about Scott Dann, who also had all the attributes, you could see week in week he had that extra bit of quality, but was surrounded by players who didn't have his ability and that reflected bad on him. Needless to say once he left he was exceptional at Palace, surrounded by better players and on the brink of an England call up, he's been in the Premiership since 2014, a very good central defender.

Lets hope Tony has pulled another rabbit out of the hat here and that goes on to inspire Lenihan and sure up that defence. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I dunno..some fans go so far downt the anti Mowbray road, all in you might say. They are very quiet when we win. It seems to be a struggle to give credit when it's due. Is it more enjoyable for them if we lose? Maybe it is. 

I have a prime example of a Man u supporting mate. He was 200% Ole out. Next thing they are creeping up the table. He is very quiet, not talking about them winning. When they were losing he was full of fire. He's back out tonight with energy again.

Ultimately,does he want them to win? Probably ya. At the moment, I'd say he is happier when they lose. He is all in on Ole out. Ole doing well makes him look like he is wrong is his views and opinions. 

Are some Rovers fans the same? I don't know anymore here well enough, but it does seem to be that way for SOME at times. 

I don't understand why some just can not admit they were wrong.  They will even twist the truth, conveniently miss anything good but never do the same with anything bad.  Douglas has been one, he's imoroved, some have made mention but some cling to their he is shit evaluation by highlighting him getting skinned (once, lost his footing) almost giving a goal up, nearly giving away a penalty but then no mention if him definitely saving a goal with a brilliant goal line clearance.  Takes a proper man to just hold up his hand and admit to being wrong ir even just they were hasty in in arriving at their decision.  Leaves me dumbstruck.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

No, you said the current Championship table suggested Mowbray was as good if not  better than Warnock and O'Neil. 

Bit irrelevant, all that really matters is could manager Mr AN Other do better than Mowbray with our current squad.  This is what many people feel, me included, is that Mowbray is under achieving with the players at his disposal and there a many reasons for that.

15 hours ago, 47er said:

I'm a bit confused here----he's messed up so many chances as to prevent us being in the play-offs but its a great signing from Mowbray?!!

You wouldn't be having it both ways would you?

You are at the wrong end of the pitch to highlight reasons for us not being in the playoffs.  It's the stupid defending or lack of that has seen us not get in the top six.

26 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Which are?

I don't agree with your starting point though. I don't think we've got a better squad than anyone in the top 6

Did I say we did, I said Mowbray.isnunder achieving with this squad.  From what I have read there are plenty on here  who think we do have a better squad.

Which are?

A few, Players out of position., Selection of favourites first, regardless of ability or form, inability to organise a defence.  Too cautious.  Tinkers too much to suit the opposition, rather than play to our strengths.  Poor handling of players, man management.

I don't think it's coincidence that our best play in the last 2 matches (2 x 30 minutes of football) have been when Dack and Holtby have got on the pitch.

Also, it would be remiss not to mention Gally in that and the somewhat new phenomenon of a Plan B.