BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wasnt going to get that chance under Bilic. Forget the wages, playing regular first team football should have come first. 

So you're going to turn down doubling or more your fork-lift driver wages? Come on, get real. 

• Like 2

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Sat in the middle of the Championship with a manager that places very little value on defence 

The last 3 games have shown what a load of nonsense his comments were  about building his team on an 'attacking platform'. 3 shit 'attacking' displays in a row and 7 points. Why? because we only conceded 1 goal. I despair when I listen to his 'philosophies' on football, its just bullshit. What's worse is I bet he doesn't believe it himself, he just says it to cover his own arse. Infuriating! 

• Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

we are 3 points of the playoffs currently and is hardly middle of the championship is it? Plus playing regular first team football is much better than just training every day and being on the bench in the odd game

and would be be higher in the league if he had been here? 

Football's full of players happy to spend most of their careers on the bench if it means earning more money. This bloke's no different. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

So you're going to turn down doubling or more your fork-lift driver wages? Come on, get real. 

Jim, a few years ago I left a job where I was earning a few thousands pounds more than the job I went to for personal reasons. Just imagine I could have had a few thousands pounds more in the bank or be happy with my job, etc

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The last 3 games have shown what a load of nonsense his comments were  about building his team on an 'attacking platform'. 3 shit 'attacking' displays in a row and 7 points. Why? because we only conceded 1 goal. I despair when I listen to his 'philosophies' on football, its just bullshit. What's worse is I bet he doesn't believe it himself, he just says it to cover his own arse. Infuriating! 

In terms of current form we're miles away from playing promotion earning football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jim, a few years ago I left a job where I was earning a few thousands pounds more than the job I went to for personal reasons. Just imagine I could have had a few thousands pounds more in the bank or be happy with my job, etc

Footballers are money motivated - yes, they want to play but their "contract" always come first. Faced with the choice of joining a Premier League club where he would boost his wages or a Championship club, there was only one outcome. 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Footballers are money motivated - yes, they want to play but their "contract" always come first. Faced with the choice of joining a Premier League club where he would boost his wages or a Championship club, there was only one outcome. 

A lot of these players like Kipre come from impoverished backgrounds, some of them are the principal source of income for large extended families. I don't blame any of them for looking for the best deal possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I genuinely don't believe there is any in depth planning from Mowbray. His approach l, with players in the wrong positions and mass substitutions, just smacks of a man winging it most of the time. You can get away with it in League One, and with enough players who can sometimes make a difference in a tight game you'll be a solid mid table Championship team. It's getting to that next level that simply won't happen without the required planning. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He could have come here and play regular 1st team football and help us get promotion instead he been just training there with the odd bench spot. Surely playing regular football would have been more beneficial for his career?

How do you know he would have been a regular here? As you were so keen to tell the forum when Bauer turned us down, Mowbray does not gave assurances of a place to anyone. Which at the time you wholeheartedly agreed with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I genuinely don't believe there is any in depth planning from Mowbray. His approach l, with players in the wrong positions and mass substitutions, just smacks of a man winging it most of the time. You can get away with it in League One, and with enough players who can sometimes make a difference in a tight game you'll be a solid mid table Championship team. It's getting to that next level that simply won't happen without the required planning. 

You know it, I know it, and the thing is - the players know it as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How do you know he would have been a regular here? As you were so keen to tell the forum when Bauer turned us down, Mowbray does not gave assurances of a place to anyone. Which at the time you wholeheartedly agreed with.

no one has a guareentee starting place but if you perform you keep the shirt like Armstrong, Kaminski, Dack, Travis has proved. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

no one has a guareentee starting place but if you perform you keep the shirt like Armstrong, Kaminski, Dack, Travis has proved. 

No one has a guaranteed a starting place you say yet previously you said if he came here he would play regular first team football. If he was told the shirt wasn't his to start with, which is quite likely given some of Mowbray's previous comments then why would he choose Rovers on less money in a lower league?

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ayala turned us down in the summer for a more lucrative deal in the Middle East. He was essentially doing the same as Kipre. When the move to the Middle East didn't materialise he came back to us pretty safe in the knowledge we would sign him. 

That's football and in general life. The moral high ground taken by some is naive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

No one has a guaranteed a starting place you say yet previously you said if he came here he would play regular first team football. If he was told the shirt wasn't his to start with, which is quite likely given some of Mowbray's previous comments then why would he choose Rovers on less money in a lower league?

more chance of playing here then WBA. 

he wasnt a Bilic signing

32 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

the infuriating bit is we have the players to do some serious damage in the promotion race,it just needs a progressive manager to put a cohesive plan together to get us there,no stand out sides in the division and it`s  there for the taking imo

you can rest assured mowbray will go into the qpr game with exactly the same gameplan as against luton,which did`nt work,he won`t change and we`ll never get promoted,a forward thinking,positive and attack minded manager would take us up,make the opposition worry about us,not the other way round

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You know it, I know it, and the thing is - the players know it as well.

In your opinion obviously. Poor bloke seems to get as much criticism after victories than he does defeats!

I’m genuinely interested in which players know he’s “winging it?” Do you have evidence of this or is it another example of your personal bias?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the infuriating bit is we have the players to do some serious damage in the promotion race,it just needs a progressive manager to put a cohesive plan together to get us there,no stand out sides in the division and it`s  there for the taking imo

you can rest assured mowbray will go into the qpr game with exactly the same gameplan as against luton,which did`nt work,he won`t change and we`ll never get promoted,a forward thinking,positive and attack minded manager would take us up,make the opposition worry about us,not the other way round

The game plan against Luton worked - we got three points. May have been a poor match - we may have got lucky with their equaliser (not seen the replay to few whether off side or not) - but we got three points.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it did`nt work until  he got so desperate he put 4 subs on at once !!!

Of course it worked! 
We have a very strong bench and he used it to it’s full capacity as even their manager conceded.

You use the word desparate  others might call it tactical.

Historically I’m wondering if it’s the first time in our long and distinguished membership of the Football League that we have used 4 subs in a competitive game, other than friendlies?

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Seems the manager of the best team in the championship disagrees with you and made him captain.....

I don’t believe they are top because of Hanley more in spite of. Their season rooted at the bottom of the prem with defence issues a main problem sums that up