BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

Great win!, made all the better by Luton being a party to their own demise.

It was so nice to see them moaning post goal to the Ref as cover for their group failure and to see their shithouse of a manager scurry down the tunnel. Proper Two-Hat that one.

I actually thought Elliott was having a decent game. Fantastic first touch, good movement and passing and putting a foot in more than I'd seen him do previously. The one thing he lacks is true pace.

I will not (ever) be signing up to the forgive Vs movement but will cut Mowbray some slack, doing well indeed.

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Duped’, ‘badly advised’, didn’t expect those old tropes from you Darren.

They were arrogant and thought they knew better than experienced operatives like JW et al. 

The club is a shell, stripped to the bone on the non playing side and with the money now in the top flight, the rise of our neighbours across east Lancs and the rapidly changing demographics of the town I doubt we’ll ever get back to where we were a decade ago - it was the worst possible time for the club to head into the wilderness, now with Covid on top.

Does any of that mean we are not totally reliant on their cash injections? Of course we are, and I’m glad of it in these frankly scary times for professional sport, indeed TM is a lucky man to be given 4 years and not needing to ever sell a player, unheard of in this league, but their hundreds of millions have got us no further than where we are right now, largely due to dysfunctional governance and mediocre appointees. The owners themselves should have been demanding much better, yet they seem to have little ambition or plan for the club either apart from meeting their commitments, why?

I agree with every word that you have said Matty, except the one's of a negative connotation regarding the present and definitely the future.

As whatever the past may hold, it cannot be altered but mistakes made, some of them of monumental proportions, we all know that, can only be learned from if we are to progress and move forward as a football club.

I'm really hopeful (perhaps misguided, I grant you that but I hope not) that we have bottomed out and are on the way back. We have a decent enough platform on which to build, some exciting, young players in our squad and despite TM probably not being of sufficient calibre to kick us on to the next level, lateral thinking tells me that we ought to be grateful to him for his achievements thus far.

Wouldn't it be great if we could possibly celebrate our 150 year anniversary in 2025, being an established Premier League Club and that shower of shite down the M65, wallowing in the 3rd Division once again along with their US Mormon owners.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 2

Totally agree on the playing side. Decent squad and an Academy going well.

However, the club needs to see the post Covid world as a chance to re-set the commercial side, relationship with supporters, the engagement with the lapsed fanbase etc. To do this we need a clear out of the Waggott’s of this world.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Totally agree on the playing side. Decent squad and an Academy going well.

However, the club needs to see the post Covid world as a chance to re-set the commercial side, relationship with supporters, the engagement with the lapsed fanbase etc. To do this we need a clear out of the Waggott’s of this world.

I whole heartedly agree but perhaps Waggott has been working his arse off and just doesn't get us as Blackburnians and Rovers fans, what makes us all tick and what pisses us off too. It doesn't necessarily make him a bad person, just not good enough to hold down his current position long term.

Perhaps the Rao's see us all as the scum of the earth and who could blame them really, even though there were extreme mitigating circumstances. `Perhaps the Raos were suitably well embarrassed by a 7-0 mauling at the hands of Man Utd with all their friends and dignitaries assembled to watch their club play the best team in the world on a supposed equal footing. etc, etc, etc.

None of the past 10 years can be changed, none of it but we can influence the next 1, 2, 5, 10 years and beyond. Let's dream of 20,000 plus on Ewood every other week, enjoying the whole match day experience on and off the field. Let's dream of following THE Rovers in our thousands once again but at White Hart Lane, Old Trafford and St James Park and not The New York Stadium, Oakwell and Kenilworth Road. Let's sing "No nay never..." and it be because of them that we'll never play Bastard Burnley again, not us. (The bloody irony, it made me cringe every time I heard it sung)

Let's dream, hope, pray and all play our part, you just never know......

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

COYB!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

If we didn't have Armstrong this season and had to rely on BB and SG to get us goals we'd be in deep doodoo.

You could also say (hypothetically). If we had a defence playing well, we may not have needed as many goals. Lets just get on with the real world, and make best use of what we have got.  

21 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Hmmmmm

If you'd invested £150 million plus into something and the supporters generally thought of you as some of ours still do (clearly), what would your opinion be of them, if you thought (rightly or wrongly) you had done little wrong?

Tony, I'm gobsmacked at you!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sure Waggott does do what he thinks is right, but it hasn’t worked here and we need a new broom.

Why do ‘we’ (who’s ‘we’’, Rovers fans?) deserve to be seen as ‘scum of the earth’?

I didn't say deserve to be, if I did it was a Freudian slip. Christ, I'm one of them and have been for 54 years! I also didn't say it was right but that is how it could be construed in India, wrongly of course.

I'm wanting to right wrongs, get us all singing from the same page, never mind hymn book. I'm not about criticising anybody, just pointing a few things out that could be true and because of it, a major stumbling block in everyone connected with BRFC drawing a line in the sand and moving on. 

That's all, surely that is for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers FC, the thing that we all hold dear, surely everyone must agree with that?

Flip it and look at things from Venkys perspective......

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

If you'd invested £150 million plus into something and the supporters generally thought of you as some of ours still do (clearly), what would your opinion be of them, if you thought (rightly or wrongly) you had done little wrong?

All mistakes of their own creation. The Venkys cannot think they’ve done little wrong. It’s not like they haven’t been told not least of all from that fan delegation that went over. If I were them I’d feel that I had betrayed the supporters through my own stupidity, ignorance and arrogance. Leveraging debt isn’t quite the same as £150 million leaving their account into ours. If they left tomorrow the debt stays with us.

Perhaps as a sense of duty for destroying something they might feel they owe it to the club/fans but we are the victims here of stupidity from Pune. 

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I didn't say deserve to be, if I did it was a Freudian slip. Christ, I'm one of them and have been for 54 years! I also didn't say it was right but that is how it could be construed in India, wrongly of course.

I'm wanting to right wrongs, get us all singing from the same page, never mind hymn book. I'm not about criticising anybody, just pointing a few things out that could be true and because of it, a major stumbling block in everyone connected with BRFC drawing a line in the sand and moving on. 

That's all, surely that is for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers FC, the thing that we all hold dear, surely everyone must agree with that?

How can we possibly draw a line in the sand and move on when the same old mistakes are playing out. Only hiring managers from the offshoot of Anderson’s Kentaro, the fact they haven’t appointed anyone competent in over a decade to run the club, the state of the ground, the state of the pitch, the state of the boardroom.

They do keep pumping money in but until they put us back where they found us as a mid table premiership club with minimal debt I shall not forgive. And if they achieve that I’ll never forget. 

• Like 4

We were very fortunate yesterday, against a very poor Luton side. Mowbray was his usual disconnected, apparently disinterested self sitting quietly gurning in the stands for most of the game. Neither side really produced any goal threat until our quicker thinking players fashioned the goal for us. We were also fortunate that the linesman was on the ball when they had the ball in the net shortly afterwards (offside being given for the players at the far side who squared the ball that was eventually hammered in after Douglas' excellent clearance).

I watched the entire game and I found it to be mostly a turgid and mind-numbing bore fest. If this is the best the manager can do with the quality of players in the squad, then I reckon even my cat has a chance of doing better.

I do think Gallagher has some value to the side, and the substitutions, whilst a bit baffling and balls out at the time, certainly made a difference in the end. Gallagher is often pilloried for not scoring goals, or for having a low goals to games ratio, but how often has he been played on the wing, ffs! (too many, is the answer).

So, the Mowbray show rolls on. We are close to the heady heights of the play-off group. We appear to have a mini-head of steam building up...

We all know what happens next... I will be happy to eat my words if 'the maestro' proves me wrong. (not holding my breath, due to the clear pattern of rinse and repeat that TM has embedded at the club).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I am looking at it from their perspective, they obviously aren’t vindictive as they keep chucking the cash in, so they can’t think we are ‘scum of the earth’, as I said we are a loss making venture in a far flung part of their conglomerate, they probably don’t give us plebs in the cold, dank north of England much thought at all, and even if they do, why does it matter if they pay the bills? 

Away from this board, the owners have never been as popular, sort out the governance and infrastructure of the club, meaning they aren’t continually throwing in good money after bad and they’d have the vast majority onside (if they don’t already), so not sure why we should be feeling sorry for them.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Your use of the word scum was poor Nick and to be honest you saying "who could blame them" is an insult. And your description of "investing" £150m couldn't be further from the truth.

They have brought everything on themselves.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

How can we possibly draw a line in the sand and move on when the same old mistakes are playing out. Only hiring managers from the offshoot of Anderson’s Kentaro, the fact they haven’t appointed anyone competent in over a decade to run the club, the state of the ground, the state of the pitch, the state of the boardroom.

They do keep pumping money in but until they put us back where they found us as a mid table premiership club with minimal debt I shall not forgive. And if they achieve that I’ll never forget. 

I've already explained about the debt, it's an accounting function only. How else do you sensibly account for the £150 million plus that they have pumped into the club? Please do tell and I'll utilise your idea myself for my personal benefit!

Forget the putting us back where they found us argument, that would be nice but it's nonsensical, if you don't mind me saying.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is their individual prerogative, I get and respect that too. I'm just prepared to put my head above the parapet and voice my opinion, with only the very best intentions at heart, regarding something that has always been and always will be, the second love of my life after my family and close friends. If you disagree with me then fine but you will not alter or change my opinion or views, I've thought about them long and hard.

Last words from me.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Just now, arbitro said:

Your use of the word scum was poor Nick and to be honest you saying "who could blame them" is an insult. And your description of "investing" £150m couldn't be further from the truth.

They have brought everything on themselves.

Put it into the context it was used Tony, don't twist it.

I said perhaps they viewed us as such and who could blame them, given in their eyes what they think they have done for us.

You, of all people should know better of me than what you are portraying here. If it was the wrong choice of words, then I'm big enough to hold my hand up and apologise but there was no malice whatsoever intended, quite the contrary in fact.

Best darrenrover!

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Put it into the context it was used Tony, don't twist it.

I said perhaps they viewed us as such and who could blame them, given in their eyes what they think they have done for us.

You, of all people should know better of me than what you are portraying here. If it was the wrong choice of words, then I'm big enough to hold my hand up and apologise but there was no malice whatsoever intended, quite the contrary in fact.

Best darrenrover!

That's how it comes across Nick and from the responses has been interpreted the same by others. I know from our conversations where your heart lies but your poor choice of words to somebody who doesn't know you and taken at face value give a poor impression.

• Like 1

People accusing people of not being Rovers fans because they can see Mowbray isn't going to get us promoted, is embarrassing.

Couldn't you even wait until we'd been in the play off spots? Even for a single game? No, you do it after after we have a turgid performance, and some would say fortunate win, against Luton Town. Luton Town. 

Not only is it pathetic to complain about fans not being fans because they don't praise Mowbray after a victory, but it's like getting this close to the play off hasn't happened fuck knows how many times before.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's how it comes across Nick and from the responses has been interpreted the same by others. I know from our conversations where your heart lies but your poor choice of words to somebody who doesn't know you and taken at face value give a poor impression.

Accepted.

We all balls up once in a while!

• Like 4