BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

22 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Looking at the facts I would say we do have a good manager.

No facts to prove that. Just opinions. We have improved since Mowbray took over but at too slow a speed, especially since we have a good squad.

In any case he took over from Coyle---how could we mot improve on that?

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Like all good strikers he's often in the right place. Imagine if he played in a team that had support up alongside him (him scoring in the 6 yard box is a rarity) . He carries the responsibility for goals in a team that has very few other goalscorers in it. He often has to create for himself too. He's having a brilliant season. 

Imagine if he took some of the other chances he missed over the last 10 games ,or passed it numerous times this season? We would be in the play-offs. He is doing well on the charts, but plenty to improve on. 

I don't know what games you are watching, he gets plenty of support. He is the focal point of a team that aims to play practically everything into him. 

Great signing by Mowbray though, wouldn't you agree? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Imagine if he took some of the other chances he missed over the last 10 games ,or passed it numerous times this season? We would be in the play-offs. He is doing well on the charts, but plenty to improve on. 

I don't know what games you are watching, he gets plenty of support. He is the focal point of a team that aims to play practically everything into him. 

I'm a bit confused here----he's messed up so many chances as to prevent us being in the play-offs but its a great signing from Mowbray?!!

You wouldn't be having it both ways would you?

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Brilliant signing, said it many times. You don't think so though, ironically. Hoisted by your own petard. 

Gally nodding a ball across goal for him to head in from 8 yards is a strikers dream. A lot of his goals dont come that way. He normally has to work a lot harder for them. Mainly because he's often ploughing a lone furrow up front. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm a bit confused here----he's messed up so many chances as to prevent us being in the play-offs but its a great signing from Mowbray?!!

You wouldn't be having it both ways would you?

You are easily confused ,so bear with me. 

I think he is having a great season, but has many facets of his game he could improve on.  He's a good signing whatever anyone thinks, because his transfer value has soared. 

If you think he is the finished article, fair enough. 

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Brilliant signing, said it many times. You don't think so though, ironically. Hoisted by your own petard. 

Gally nodding a ball across goal for him to head in from 8 yards is a strikers dream. A lot of his goals dont come that way. He normally has to work a lot harder for them. Mainly because he's often ploughing a lone furrow up front. 

I do think so. Just because I don't think he is the finished article, doesn't mean I don't rate him. If you don't think he is open to scrutiny, that's fair enough. Just don't bother engaging with me on it anymore. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are easily confused ,so bear with me. 

I think he is having a great season, but has many facets of his game he could improve on.  He's a good signing whatever anyone thinks, because his transfer value has soared. 

If you think he is the finished article, fair enough. 

So he's a good signing but is also responsible for us not being in the play offs? Cognitive dissonance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great signing but his other two leave a lot to be desired. I'd say the fault lies at Mowbray's door if we are criticising the lack of extra goals, not 16 goal Armstrong. Also all of the games we've lost points due to having a shocking defence.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

So he's a good signing but is also responsible for us not being in the play offs? Cognitive dissonance. 

Good signing, big increase in value. Got it? 

Needs to improve his game to get to the PL and really top level. Understand? 

Ok, that's me done on AA for the night. I will leave his fan club at it to talk non stop about how he is the complete player and completely off the hook for any scrutiny. Have at it lads. 

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

No facts to prove that. Just opinions. We have improved since Mowbray took over but at too slow a speed, especially since we have a good squad.

In any case he took over from Coyle---how could we mot improve on that?

I can pick so many holes in this. You lecture me on opinions yet you state your opinion that we have progressed at "too slow a speed". 

It's the improvement from the days of Coyle that I am most grateful for, as at that time I really feared for our future. But again had we made the wrong appointment after Coyle then we would still be in league 1.

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok, that's me done on AA for the night. I will leave his fan club at it to talk non stop about how he is the complete player and completely off the hook for any scrutiny. Have at it lads. 

Scrutiny is one thing, blaming him for us not being in the play offs is just bonkers.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Like all good strikers he's often in the right place. Imagine if he played in a team that had support up alongside him (him scoring in the 6 yard box is a rarity) . He carries the responsibility for goals in a team that has very few other goalscorers in it. He often has to create for himself too. He's having a brilliant season. 

Whats bizarre is that people seem to think that the goals cover up the flaws in his game, losing track of the primary function of a striker.

Also, when we dont score, we criticise the player who has 18 goals before the rest, none of whom have got past 4 goals. Summed things up when he drifted wide, put in a brilliant cross and no one was in the box. Elliott, Rothwell and Brereton all were equally quiet, the latter 2 have flattered to deceive consistently throughout, so I find it strange that 95% of the criticism goes again to Armstrong. Hes a victim of his own success.

No one has ever implied that he is perfect or the finished article, no Championship player ever could be. But he is not fully appreciated, something Rhodes shared with goalscoring not deemed as important as it actually is.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nah, as others have said you've spent the last two games obsessively slagging him during games. Nowt to do with him being PL and 'top level'. You need to own your bullshit😷

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Yep, he will shoot on sight, most times badly but will score the odd one and they all add up. We have this debate perennially, if he wasn’t on the pitch others would be chipping in. It’s arguable that we are only nicking games because he doesn’t bring others into goal scoring opportunities.

He’s too one-eyed and someone offered us £10m now, while his share price is unrealistically high, I’d bite their hand off.

"The odd one" is actually 18 this season, nearly 30 since last January. In the last couple of months he has won at least 3 games with late winners.

To make out as if he is a burden holding us back is baseless and crazy, that we would be lucky to get only 10m again senseless and if they would all chip in more without Armstrong, why dont they when Armstrong is off his game, today when he whipped in a cross why was no one on the end of it?

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

You lecture me on opinions yet you state your opinion that we have progressed at "too slow a speed". 

I'm not lecturing you on opinions just telling you not to call them "facts"!

You're perfectly entitled to believe Mowbray is a good manager, but "good' is a relative term.

If you mean "good relative to Coyle" then you are setting the bar too low---in my opinion

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"The odd one" is actually 18 this season, nearly 30 since last January. In the last couple of months he has won at least 3 games with late winners.

To make out as if he is a burden holding us back is baseless and crazy, that we would be lucky to get only 10m again senseless and if they would all chip in more without Armstrong, why dont they when Armstrong is off his game, today when he whipped in a cross why was no one on the end of it?

If it wasn't for our top scorer we'd score more goals and win more comfortably. Think on. 

• Like 1