BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

I enjoyed that too.

Who does he sound a bit like? It's been bugging me. Is it Rio Ferdinand? 

Yeah it was brilliant to listen to him. "Stand on it (Arma) - good lad ", "kick it away (Gally)- nice one"

I thought he sounded like Dacky tbh. I hadn't seen the line ups so had to check if he was on the bench before I realised that Brad was of the Johnson variety. 

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Takemyhandsboss said:

Subs made the difference today and Branthwaite was class. As he was responsible for both, surely Mogga deserves credit for that?

He's slated enough when we fail to win so credit where it's due imo.

I don't know,maybe pick the right 11 to start the game rather than needing to make FOUR subs after an hr when it's getting desperate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Pleased to see Douglas play well today too. Probably the first time since he signed where you could make a good case for him putting in a better performance than Nyambe.

Maybe the Pickering talk has given him a kick up the arse he needed.

Jesus some people are so stubborn they will just moan at everything regardless. Enjoy the fcukin win. There are times where a good moan is due but today was about the result. Players coming back, new players bedding in, pitch in shite. Great win. Was never going to be pretty, how about some credit for the persistence and the character. Well done lads and I know I'll enjoy my Saturday night alot more!

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Takemyhandsboss said:

Subs made the difference today and Branthwaite was class. As he was responsible for both, surely Mogga deserves credit for that?

He's slated enough when we fail to win so credit where it's due imo.

Haha - at least no one shouting ‘Mowbray Out’...that’s a start

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Jesus some people are so stubborn they will just moan at everything regardless. Enjoy the fcukin win. There are times where a good moan is due but today was about the result. Players coming back, new players bedding in, pitch in shite. Great win. Was never going to be pretty, how about some credit for the persistence and the character. Well done lads and I know I'll enjoy my Saturday night alot more!

Everythings rosy in the garden,Mowbray is suddenly the man to take us to the promised land,life is great!!!! is that what you wanted?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Yeah it was brilliant to listen to him. "Stand on it (Arma) - good lad ", "kick it away (Gally)- nice one"

I thought he sounded like Dacky tbh. I hadn't seen the line ups so had to check if he was on the bench before I realised that Brad was of the Johnson variety. 

I thought Johnson was brilliant actually.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Need to proper angle on it really which I havent. I've listened to the game on radio Lancs with Bayes and Gallagher. Only seen clips on SSN of the goal,Dolan chance and Luton offside goal but from the main camera angle.

Was he offside? 

Yeah. The guy who knocked it across goal was offside from the flick on.

IMG_20210130_174238.jpg

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

I haven’t seen anything new from rovers today. An ugly win better than a possession laden defeat. We often get to 1-3 points away from the play offs followed by the next 5-7 game death spiral. Seen it all before. Nothing has changed.

Very easy to say Mowbray out during one of his terminal declines so after 10 points from 12 I’ll say it. Mowbray out he hasn’t got what it takes to get rovers into the play offs. 

• Like 6

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha - at least no one shouting ‘Mowbray Out’...that’s a start

Ah come on your were joining us a couple of weeks back!

Got the results he’s needed recently and afforded himself longer but if we don’t reach top 6 he should be gone, I tend to think we’ll drop off then get relatively close again and miss out by 5/6 points and get another stab at it.

And then repeat for next season 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes! Exactly like Rio. Same East London accent.

It’s the modern London accent,  a real hotchpotch of cultures in there -  brought up in Hackney, wasn’t he? So fair enough...

The ‘traditional’ east London cockney is more likely to be heard in Essex these days...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Three points against an  average team. If it gets us where we need in the table, so be it. Glad we have a more settled defence.

We are doing Liverpool and Everton a big favour developing their talent. They are doing us a big favour loaning us their talent. Hope the trend continues. 

• Like 1

I’ll take wins like the last two at this time of the season all day long. The key point for me is that we have much stronger benches than the teams around us - all four subs today gave Luton new problems, as did last week’s three.

Howard Kendall would be lighting cigars after the last two win.

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’ll take wins like the last two at this time of the season all day long. The key point for me is that we have much stronger benches than the teams around us - all four subs today gave Luton new problems, as did last week’s three.

Howard Kendall would be lighting cigars after the last two win.

Howard Kendall would have got us promoted.

• Like 8

Luton are are good team but even though we were poor going forward for most of the game, Branthwaite, Douglas and Kaminski held us together at the back. Superb goal and credit given for quick thinking.

Three points off playoff position isn't a bad place to be considering a month ago we were 7 off and played a game more.

Would just love to be debating this win in the Blues Bar.

42 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Well that will be great, but in the meantime a booking a game means he wont be in the team being suspended

With all due respect, have you seen Trav in previous seasons? He's a little bastard who will pick up a lot of bookings but ultimately a persona we have badly missed!

We should jeep getting points in February. The month of March has had me somewhat anxious all season- Reading, Millwall, Swans, Bees, etc. 

I’m not conceding anything, it’s just going to be a tough month to get points in bunches. 

Edited by WacoRover