BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

32 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

On Travis, he's always been a player who gives the ball away a little too much, but when he was fully fit 

he would often get it back through his tenacity, or at least stop the opposition with a tackle/foul.

He just needs to get to full fitness asap, and then we'll have a player on our hands again.

He wasn’t great but wasn’t as bad as some are making out. Good some good tackles in the first half, just looks unfit. understandable.

that said today’s opponents ensured the ref was blowing his whistle every 30 seconds. I wouldn’t say they were dirty as such just a poor team who gave away lots of niggles and cheap fouls.

• Like 1

Main points for me from a totally shite match:

• We won
  • We are having more than our fair share of luck
  • We were unconvincing
  • Our football is horrible
  • Good job we have Kaminski and not Walton

We are now in a terrific position to challenge.

Big question is will we get closer to the top six and then enter another 'death spiral'?

I don't think this league has ever been so poor and I honestly think with a combination of the luck we are having and the ability of some of our players to produce a moment of magic, we could just find ourselves back in the PL next season.  We are allowed to dream......................where's that nice bottle of red gone!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Sometimes it pains me to read this board. Do I think we will finish top 6, no.  Do I think TM is the future of the club, no.  But for fucks sakes, we’re 3 points out of the top six, and have a chance.  It’s almost like some of you would rather see us lose.  

Today and last weekend are good days. 6 points and closer to what we all want. I would love to be wrong about TM and our chances at top 6. COYBR!  

No proper fan ever want's us to lose,i've never gone into a game wanting to see us lose, this month has be good results from patchy performances i think what it is is we have seen it all before,win a few games get to the edge of the top 6 then lose a few,when TM gives me a reason to say i was wrong about him i will get on here and say it,until then i will say prove me wrong Tony

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Sometimes it pains me to read this board. Do I think we will finish top 6, no.  Do I think TM is the future of the club, no.  But for fucks sakes, we’re 3 points out of the top six, and have a chance.  It’s almost like some of you would rather see us lose.  

Today and last weekend are good days. 6 points and closer to what we all want. I would love to be wrong about TM and our chances at top 6. COYBR!  

Spot on. Happy with a win and you are pro Mowbray and he can do no wrong. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. I see people's reasons for wanting to keep him and ones who want a change. I wouldn't change him now but would I be devastated if he was replaced in the summer? No! The extreme views are frightening.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Evertonfan1 said:

Everton fan in piece..... I see branthwaite got motm today. What is your initial take on him? 

On a negative I can't believe how bad your pitch is. Always hold Blackburn quite high up and it's a shame to see. 

Made 3 excellent tackles. Cool in possession, and some very decent passes. 

MOM imo. He really has helped out defence.

4 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Spot on. Happy with a win and you are pro Mowbray and he can do no wrong. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. I see people's reasons for wanting to keep him and ones who want a change. I wouldn't change him now but would I be devastated if he was replaced in the summer? No! The extreme views are frightening.

I'm with you on this. If top 6 isn't achieved this season with this squad then I'd say its time for a change. But the manager has absolutely earned the right to see the season out. 

Some posts on here at times have me wondering if they actually support the club. 

• Like 2

Very happy to beat a Nathan Jones team in those circumstances. A little bit of karma. I thought the 4 substitutions were a clear statement of attacking intent which paid off today. Dolan was superb and gives a back four something to think about. We need to see more of him. He needs to work on his shooting but he’s 18 and all facets of his game have got time to improve. Gallagher looks so much more effective when coming off the bench and seems to have it in for Luton. I saw glimpses of the old Travis but he’s still a bit rusty. Douglas is growing into his Rovers career. I’d still like to see a permanent solution at left back but I thought he looked more the player we thought we were getting today. Branthwaite is like a slightly taller Wharton with better distribution. Lenihan’s upturn in form continues. Kaminski needs to stop with the kamikaze heart in mouth distribution (although his sentiments are noble!) but otherwise was faultless. Let’s enjoy this little run (again) while it lasts. You can’t beat that winning feeling. We know another ‘death spiral’ will be on the horizon soon but in the moment...I’m very happy. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Evertonfan1 said:

Everton fan in piece..... I see branthwaite got motm today. What is your initial take on him? 

On a negative I can't believe how bad your pitch is. Always hold Blackburn quite high up and it's a shame to see. 

Deserved man of the match in my opinion. Very early days to judge him but at 18 looks a decent prospect. Problem he has from your point of view will he ever get past Keane and Mina 🤷‍♂️. Possibly not. You might only ever see him in cup games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Evertonfan1 said:

Lucky to stay on the pitch last week, raw, but great potential. Played very well today, excellent interceptions, good left boot. He will learn a lot, as we defend most of the time!

Another 3 points and another clean sheet. Performance again not pleasing but I’ll take these wins over when we was playing well and losing earlier in season.

Kaminski is superb.

Lenihan is back, and was superb. As was the Everton lad. Another good show from Douglas hope this carries on from last couple games.

As someone else said, not many teams can bring on Dack, Dolan, Gallagher and Holtby.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Evertonfan1 said:

Rovers are not a PL side... but could be, if we could hold onto players like Branthwaite & Elliott. 

We’ve managed to develop several of our own “homegrown” players; this summer Is crucial to re-sign a couple of our younger players, hopefully, have fewer injuries, & commit robbery or otherwise hold onto the two I mentioned. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Its a football messageboard,point me out a football messageboard that doesnt have wildly differing views on things,to be told i'm not allowed to critice a performance and should be a happy clapper just because we won when i see things wrong with the performance is a joke.

Congratulations to TM on a fruitful January, really got some results when we needed them both. I’m not bothered about performances, we won 1-0 and if we could replicate the performance and result every week I would be ecstatic. 

Now we’re in touching distance let’s hope we can break the glass ceiling. Bournemouth will come good, they’ve got some great players, so we need to match or better Readings results every week to break into the top 6. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Evertonfan1 said:

Looks a top player. Very physical, wins everything in the air, got decent pace and can tackle well due to his freakishly long legs.

Not obviously a passer but moved things around okay.

You can usually tell after three games, and I'd say he will play in the Premier League next season. Maybe not at Everton though at the moment as you've got a solid squad, but already looks like he's got the quality for a loan to a lower half / newly promoted pl team.

(Hopefully us!)

Edited by joey_big_nose

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

But jeez he was pants today... I'm not sure we can afford such a passenger in too many games going forward. I was shouting at my PC screen, "Are you Buckley in disguise?" at one point 🙃

Travis is not a passenger!! Yes he wasn’t great today, but all of them have had bad games and will continue to do so.

Travis is a key player for us.