BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Certainly favourites over Stoke, Boro, Bristol City. Not sure if we can catch any of the 6 in there currently though. Screams out 7th and another season for Mowbray to me. 

Bournemouth are on a terrible run. 6th place is possible. 

Good scrap today. The back 5 all really impressed.

And excellent sub appearances from Dolan and Gallagher.

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

We still have to sort out the problem of the drab 1st half, in everygame we never look like scoring until 60+ mins into a game,if only we could hypnotise the players into thinking the start of the game is actually the 2nd half 😀

We were excellent for the first 20 minutes.

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Branthwaite is quality.  Him and Lenihan back there totally eliminate our long standing weakness under a high ball. Wharton also good from that perspective.

Prefer someone like Branthwaite to a Tosin to be honest. Tosin is a very good ball player but just never convinced defensively.

Agreed, I like the right footer/left footer combo in central defence. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

My gripe is Travis, twice he gave the ball away and Luton should have scored, he's nowhere near full fitness and at times today was a liability, subs made all the difference, get the balance right we will win many games.

The issue is he never gets up to speed without playing matches, end of. In Mowbrays eyes the risk is worth it for the reward. Same with Dacky. By mid Feb, both should be fully raring to go barring any unfortunate injuries.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Same old swings in form with TM. We all know it won't be long before we're leaking like a sieve and dropping back down the table. It'll be exactly when we have a chance to get in the top six. Might as well enjoy this while we can because it ain't gonna last.

Anyway, doom posting aside always nice to get a win and clean sheet, even if the game was the usual turgid Rovers affair. Kaminski is the best pound for pound signing we've made in a long time. If only the fabled European scouting network could source us a good, cheap left back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

The issue is he never gets up to speed without playing matches, end of. In Mowbrays eyes the risk is worth it for the reward. Same with Dacky. By mid Feb, both should be fully raring to go barring any unfortunate injuries.

Well that will be great, but in the meantime a booking a game means he wont be in the team being suspended

1 minute ago, Feed the Yak said:

Feels great to do that to Luton after their antics. The drop ball happened because their player faked being hit in the head and the ref couldn't risk not stopping play for a head injury. Proper karma that and it makes the victory all the sweeter. 

And the ref explained to the luton players more than he needed why the goal stood, after all the ref dropped the ball it was our possesion so no need to pass it back, actually very intellegent play from Holtby.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Yep, he will shoot on sight, most times badly but will score the odd one and they all add up. We have this debate perennially, if he wasn’t on the pitch others would be chipping in. It’s arguable that we are only nicking games because he doesn’t bring others into goal scoring opportunities.

He’s too one-eyed and someone offered us £10m now, while his share price is unrealistically high, I’d bite their hand off.

You’re trying desperately hard to be contrarian. Score the odd one? How about 17. Strange time to be making this point after he scored the winning goal. Pick your battles.

Scrappy game but thought we edged it. Look far more solid with Branthwaite. Result is all that matters and the pitch clearly made things difficult again. Keep up the clean sheets and you never know.

Travis is still some way short of sharpness. Wasteful in possession too often. 

• Like 2

We watch Luton thinking they're stodgy, shithousey and hard to beat. 

Maybe  teams will start to say that about us if we carry on like the last 2 games.

If so, that's when we will be pushing top 6.

The best bit on I follow was listening to Bradley Johnson shouting every time wasting trick in the book in the last 5 mins 😂

• Like 7

Pretty average performance overall.

The back 5 were class. No doubt getting consistency is important but the addition of JB has been very good.

Trav much more like himself and Arma back in the goals. It’s a bloody brilliant win in context.

Id be starting Gally if we’re going to play with two up top like today.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The best bit on I follow was listening to Bradley Johnson shouting every time wasting trick in the book in the last 5 mins 😂

I enjoyed that too.

Who does he sound a bit like? It's been bugging me. Is it Rio Ferdinand? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

no shots on goal isnt being excellent in my book.

No, and I definitely wouldn't use the word excellent, but it doesn't really tell the full story either. We were good for the first half hour or so, without putting the right finishing touch to moves (not for the first time!). A different bounce for Armstrong in the first few minutes (or Lockyer doesn't make his wonder-tackle) and all of a sudden we could be in for a straightforward afternoon.

A grotesque football match, but nice to see us winning these sorts of games now. 

• Like 1