BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

10 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He is absolutely hated by Celtic fans, butt of jokes by rangers fans. Amazing how far his reputation has plummeted. For all his sad ending here, I always thought he was a decent defender but he is having an absolute mare in Glasgow 

He was decent but he was also rash and constantly wondering. Hanley was the better of the two. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Both Lenihan AND Douglas were decent yesterday. Perhaps this young Everton lad is having a bigger impact than playing well himself by dragging up the blokes either side of him. Could be a coincidence but the last time lenihan put in a consistent level of performances was along side Tosin. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Both Lenihan AND Douglas were decent yesterday. Perhaps this young Everton lad is having a bigger impact than playing well himself by dragging up the blokes either side of him. Could be a coincidence but the last time lenihan put in a consistent level of performances was along side Tosin. 

Think you have called this right. Lenihen is a bit of a fair weather player. Put him in a decent defence with some competence around him and he really shines. Put him with dross and it really affects his game. I know all players are impacted to an extent as to who they play with but I can't think of many who it has such an impact for as our captain. 

Mind you if you have a decent defence this really shouldn't be an issue. 

I always have a bit of a dislike for Luton. It's a tad irrational and probably stems from their tactics, the fact I am somewhat embarrassed we are in the same league as them and work sometimes sends me to Luton which is a fair trek. So I'm delighted we got another three points and the victory yesterday. 

I'm really torn on the performance. On one hand you can only play badly and win so many times before your poor performances catch up with you. On the flip side this has happened a lot this season - Millwall, Rotherham, Boro and yesterday off the top of my head. It's getting a bit much to be a fluke and perhaps is the sign of a decent team.

On reflection it probably means the better teams will put us to the sword but we will get away with it with the weaker teams. Is that enough for playoffs? I'm really not sure... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ossydave said:

With all due respect, have you seen Trav in previous seasons? He's a little bastard who will pick up a lot of bookings but ultimately a persona we have badly missed!

Back to you with all due respect, 12 months on Travis should be a lot smarter in the way he gets/should not get bookings

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Back to you with all due respect, 12 months on Travis should be a lot smarter in the way he gets/should not get bookings

His style of play attracts bookings, simple as that. Travis is probably one of, if not the most important players in that team though and his absence is notable. Of course he's not fully match fit so sloppiness sets in, its fair to say another 90 mins under his belt will benefit him though. Does he get booked too much? Probably, and I fully get your point. But do we ask him to change the way he plays and risk nullifying his effectiveness? No (in my opinion of course).

• Like 1

Good 3 points, however poor the game was.

Every good team has to win ugly sometimes, it’s actually the sign of a good side.

On Trav, I like him and I like what he brings.

But my complaint since his return from injury, is that when he loses possession, he stands gesturing and complaining rather than biting ankles to get it back.

Hopefully fitness related, but it’s not what you expect to see from him.

16 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Norwich,Swansea.Watford,Reading,4 games against the top 6 losing at HT all lost at FT

I'm talking here and now with the players available. I don't think any of them games were dead and buried at half time though. Reading maybe, but Armo got us back in that and Joao killed us off. It may of course be premature of me to say we've turned a corner defensively, but a couple of clean sheets looks promising. Happy to get to every game for the rest of the season 0-0 at half time if it means we can ramp it up second half. I pointed out earlier in the thread we're easily the strongest team in the championship last 15 mins of games, I think that's partly due to a strong bench and the extra sub quota. IF we continue to keep clean sheets and IF we continue the late goals we'll be successful. I've been supporting us long enough to know we may well lose 6-0 to QPR though 😕 

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Good 3 points, however poor the game was.

Every good team has to win ugly sometimes, it’s actually the sign of a good side.

On Trav, I like him and I like what he brings.

But my complaint since his return from injury, is that when he loses possession, he stands gesturing and complaining rather than biting ankles to get it back.

Hopefully fitness related, but it’s not what you expect to see from him.

I get the impression he's pissed off his engine (fitness) is still in 'limp mode' but the turbo will be repaired eventually and the Rolls Royce midfielder back on the road 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

I get the impression he's pissed off his engine (fitness) is still in 'limp mode' but the turbo will be repaired eventually and the Rolls Royce midfielder back on the road 😁

Hopefully so - and I’m assuming it’s the case.

Just strange to see from a player of Trav’s ilk.

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

As predicted I see kipre hasn’t played a game for West Brom. Confirms what I’ve always suspected that players would rather sit on the bench of a premier league team, not even an established one, than play every week in the championship.

It's just a job to 80% of players. If you can get paid for not playing it's better than getting paid for actually turning out and getting injured, slagged off from the manager, abused on the internet etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Its a football messageboard,point me out a football messageboard that doesnt have wildly differing views on things,to be told i'm not allowed to critice a performance and should be a happy clapper just because we won when i see things wrong with the performance is a joke.

What are you on about?🤣 Can you show me where anyone told you that you cannot critique a performance and should be a happy clapper? Genuinely..if people have than yes that is a joke..

49 minutes ago, matt83 said:

As predicted I see kipre hasn’t played a game for West Brom. Confirms what I’ve always suspected that players would rather sit on the bench of a premier league team, not even an established one, than play every week in the championship.

Erm he doesn't pick the team does he? Although it stinks he can't get a game given their defensive frailties so he's obviously dreadful in training or something?

4 subs coming on changing the attack. Tweaking the formation. Mogga has to get some credit for this, no?

I like that he did it with enough time for them to effect the game.

Take Ancelloti when Everton we're losing at home to Newcastle that morning. The inspiration from the manger was to drag a winger off and chuck on a CDM.

Must unsettle the Luton back line having to deal with fresh legs, new faces, new system.

56 minutes ago, matt83 said:

They'd rather earn £30000+ a week than £10000. Hardly a surprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

His style of play attracts bookings, simple as that. Travis is probably one of, if not the most important players in that team though and his absence is notable. Of course he's not fully match fit so sloppiness sets in, its fair to say another 90 mins under his belt will benefit him though. Does he get booked too much? Probably, and I fully get your point. But do we ask him to change the way he plays and risk nullifying his effectiveness? No (in my opinion of course).

No PrOblem with your thoughs at all, and i certainly dont want him to change the way he plays, just be a little smarter, hes getting a reputation with the refs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'm talking here and now with the players available. I don't think any of them games were dead and buried at half time though. Reading maybe, but Armo got us back in that and Joao killed us off. It may of course be premature of me to say we've turned a corner defensively, but a couple of clean sheets looks promising. Happy to get to every game for the rest of the season 0-0 at half time if it means we can ramp it up second half. I pointed out earlier in the thread we're easily the strongest team in the championship last 15 mins of games, I think that's partly due to a strong bench and the extra sub quota. IF we continue to keep clean sheets and IF we continue the late goals we'll be successful. I've been supporting us long enough to know we may well lose 6-0 to QPR though 😕 

It is good to see us get late goals but it would be nice to not need to finish well,it's better for my blood pressure to be 2 or 3 goals up at HT 🙂

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BigBar said:

What are you on about?🤣 Can you show me where anyone told you that you cannot critique a performance and should be a happy clapper? Genuinely..if people have than yes that is a joke..

Sometimes i wish people want us to lose was one critique  from someone and your first post after the game was all about you complaining that there were   people moaning after yesterdays game,you must have short term memory loss of what you posted yesterday.