BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

38 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Probably the best quote from an incoming loanee. 
Can’t wait for this lad. 

“This was the only club where I really wanted to come when I knew I had the chance to go out on loan," he said.

"I grew up not far from here, I used to go to the games from when I was two until I was about 16 and I also played here when I was younger, so I've always supported the club and it feels good to be here.

"I've got a chance this season to prove myself and to be able to do that in front of the Rovers fans, at this club, is the best outcome I could have had."

One of the many issues with building a side with loans is that there can be question marks about their commitment to the cause. Especially premiership youngster loans or those on big contracts elsewhere if we go down it doesn't make much difference to them. I seem to recall João and Emmes not being too professional in the run in with Rovers for example. 

So having a lad who actually is bothered about the club is a plus and negates that worry regarding the loan. 

Actually having a body through the door, albeit on loan, also is a huge benefit too. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

who`s going to get dropped to make way for clarkson,probably buckley,why drop one of our own prospects to improve someone elses,i really think mowbray is a tool,impressing klopp and pep won`t further our cause,the bloke really is case imo,can`t wait for him to **** off

This is where i'm at with this although it'll probably just end up in rotation.

Hopefully the lad is the real deal but after Elliot it seems a few are getting carried away with expectation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

who`s going to get dropped to make way for clarkson,probably buckley,why drop one of our own prospects to improve someone elses,i really think mowbray is a tool,impressing klopp and pep won`t further our cause,the bloke really is case imo,can`t wait for him to **** off

They won't all be fit throughout the season.If we signed no midfielder we would be in trouble.

Every single club in the championship is making moves in the loan market.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This is where i'm at with this although it'll probably just end up in rotation.

Hopefully the lad is the real deal but after Elliot it seems a few are getting carried away with expectation.

Look no disrespect to the lads we already have but Clarkson has been with the senior team at Liverpool a good 12 months,has played 90 minutes in the Champions League and is tied down to a long term contract.Been spoke about by the management there as one who will make it for them.He will be better quality than what we have

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

They won't all be fit throughout the season.If we signed no midfielder we would be in trouble.

Every single club in the championship is making moves in the loan market.

another raw young lad though,carbon copy of buckley is`nt he,ffs if you`re going in the loan market get some beef and experience in the middle of the park

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I don't know Jim.Maybe he trained with them at that age but no reason to stick the boot into the club when he signed for Liverpool at 6 years of age 

He's a Clitheroe lad. He says he played for "Rovers when he was younger". 

Rovers have missed plenty of fine local young players over the years. He looks like another one

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

another raw young lad though,carbon copy of buckley is`nt he,ffs if you`re going in the loan market get some beef and experience in the middle of the park

If you have the money to pay experienced players their wage then fair enough we don't.

And going off Mowbrays spell in charge the younger loans have worked out and improved the team Armstrong, Tosin, Elliot, Harrison Reed,Harwood Bellis.

Experienced men like Trybull and Douglas were poor 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He's a Clitheroe lad. He says he played for "Rovers when he was younger". 

Rovers have missed plenty of fine local young players over the years. He looks like another one

We don't know what happened.Unless you know for a fact that Rovers turned him away and said he wasn't good enough then we can't really criticise the club for it can we.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

We don't know what happened.Unless you know for a fact that Rovers turned him away and said he wasn't good enough then we can't really criticise the club for it can we.

Perhaps he'll explain what he means by his statement. Rovers have a history of missing local young talent so it wouldn't surprise me if they missed another one

I know a kid who trains at Liverpool and United whose 8 . He could have done both. When he was younger means younger than he is now not than six. He could mean he’s played here with Liverpool . It doesn’t really matter. I’m not a fan of young loans but I might get this lads name on my shirt . Welcome young un 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

From the bits I've seen online he looks like a tidy passer who most importantly looks like he tries to always play the ball forwards. 

By the looks of things though he is going to need to have a telepathic reading of the game and a great first touch as he looks absolutely tiny. You can be that small as a footballer, but you have to be very, very good. That's my biggest worry. No way of telling until he's had a run of games though 

• Backroom
Just now, Traviscon said:

Liverpools article about his loan move here has him down as a rovers player between the ages of 4 and 9. 

Fair play then. We must've missed something when Kean was manager.

54 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Just seen this on twitter - Clarkson with Sparky from a few years ago.

Anyone else feeling old?

I’m only 25 and this makes me feel old as f**k! Winning the prem days a bit before my time, my first season ticket was 02/03. Didn’t realise at the time how lucky I was as a kid!! Great days and some great memories under Souness Hughes and Big Sam. 

• Like 2