BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, roversinmyblood said:

Any idea how much he might cost? He looks a very exciting player. I would be overjoyed if we got him for decent money. 

I’ve no idea I got a text on Saturday from someone at their game and Ferguson declined to comment on the speculation but left him on the bench he is in the last year of his contract so will attract interest

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People excited by Dembele, but not:

Obefemi who's scored 4 goals in 850 mins of football in the PREMIER LEAGUE.

That's the equivalent of 4 in 10.

Dembele with worse stats in LEAGUE 1, is getting people excited? 

If I had the choice out of the two it would be Obafemi.

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People excited by Dembele, but not:

Obefemi who's scored 4 goals in 850 mins of football in the PREMIER LEAGUE.

That's the equivalent of 4 in 10.

Dembele with worse stats in LEAGUE 1, is getting people excited? 

I think Dembele would be cheaper deal imo but I wouldn't sign either. I would want a number 9 striker in Rhys Healey in my opinion 

We need to drop our interest in Obafemi now. Why is Mowbray still pursuing in? Is it that good? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Dembele would be cheaper deal imo but I wouldn't sign either. I would want a number 9 striker in Rhys Healey in my opinion 

We need to drop our interest in Obafemi now. Why is Mowbray still pursuing in? Is it that good? 

I don't agree that Mowbray should drop his interest in Obafemi just because he is taking his time over making a decision over his future.

It's a big choice, he could live or die in terms of his career development with his next move.Its not everyone's dream to play for Blackburn Rovers, he will have other interest and do not blame him for taking his time .

We will have no new striker for West Brom anyway and only one other game before the end of the transfer window and the International break.We will be making enquiries over other strikers anyway In the event the Obafemi deal doesn't hsppen

I would prefer Obafemi to any of the other strikers we have been linked with personally.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As my original post states.

Obefemi has a goal record of 4 in 10 in the Premier League, why would you drop interest in that?

If my striker didn't have attitude problems I'd personally be worried.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

As my original post states.

Obefemi has a goal record of 4 in 10 in the Premier League, why would you drop interest in that?

If my striker didn't have attitude problems I'd personally be worried.

Exactly plus he is only 20 he will mature, and that interview he did suggests he realises he needs to knuckle down and be more professional.

I don't think Dembele would be a bad option but his record suggests he isn't a prolific goalscorer and at 24 he is 4 years older than Obafemi.

IV not seen anything of Healey apart from highlights from YouTube and although he looks like he knows where the back of the net is,the majority of his career has been spent in league 1 and the French second division and he is 6 years older than Obafemi

• Like 1

I still think we need more of a target man type especially the way he keeps setting up. Dolan puts a shift in but nothing sticks and it's too easy for big center halves. 

Gallagher could do that job of running round and causing bother with his size and workrate. Sadly he has the touch of a baby elephant in wellies.

We need a lump up there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I still think we need more of a target man type especially the way he keeps setting up. Dolan puts a shift in but nothing sticks and it's too easy for big center halves. 

Gallagher could do that job of running round and causing bother with his size and workrate. Sadly he has the touch of a baby elephant in wellies.

We need a lump up there.

Not sure we need a "lump". We need a rapid, skilful player who is lethal when it comes to finishing. Easy peasy then. Loads of them out there!! 🧐

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I don't agree that Mowbray should drop his interest in Obafemi just because he is taking his time over making a decision over his future.

It's a big choice, he could live or die in terms of his career development with his next move.Its not everyone's dream to play for Blackburn Rovers, he will have other interest and do not blame him for taking his time .

We will have no new striker for West Brom anyway and only one other game before the end of the transfer window and the International break.We will be making enquiries over other strikers anyway In the event the Obafemi deal doesn't hsppen

I would prefer Obafemi to any of the other strikers we have been linked with personally.

Cos we need a striker in. We knew for months Armstrong was going. So a shortlist should be ready to go the moment he was sold. 

We have talking to Obafemi for weeks now now. If he wanted to be here he would have been here. Time to move on and stop chasing a player who doesn't want to be here. 

I would go elsewhere now

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

Not sure we need a "lump". We need a rapid, skilful player who is lethal when it comes to finishing. Easy peasy then. Loads of them out there!! 🧐

For me we someone who can hold it up and lay it off better to bring others into the game. When we are under the cosh one decent touch or foot on the ball and you bring Diaz or Gallagher into the game running forwards. Too much of their time as wide strikers is spent chasing balls we've just lost from playing it forwards down the center.

Then there is Dack to come back, Dolan himself, Rothwell and several others all good going forwards. Loose their way going sideways or dawdling on the ball, we seem a bit more direct this season.

Yet don't have the outlet for it.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos we need a striker in. We knew for months Armstrong was going. So a shortlist should be ready to go the moment he was sold. 

We have talking to Obafemi for weeks now now. If he wanted to be here he would have been here. Time to move on and stop chasing a player who doesn't want to be here. 

I would go elsewhere now

Yes and Obafemi is clearly at the top of that shortlist.Like I said whatever new striker we get wont be available for West Brom anyway and only one other game against Boro before the window shuts .

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

For me we someone who can hold it up and lay it off better to bring others into the game. When we are under the cosh one decent touch or foot on the ball and you bring Diaz or Gallagher into the game running forwards. Too much of their time as wide strikers is spent chasing balls we've just lost from playing it forwards down the center.

Then there is Dack to come back, Dolan himself, Rothwell and several others all good going forwards. Loose their way going sideways or dawdling on the ball, we seem a bit more direct this season.

Yet don't have the outlet for it.

I'll tell you who's a decent player and does that, Christian Doidge.  He has always scored goals and was supposed to be a Championship player if Notlob could finish the deal.  Would be reasonably cheap but I think he can play this league.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yes and Obafemi is clearly at the top of that shortlist.Like I said whatever new striker we get wont be available for West Brom anyway and only one other game against Boro before the window shuts .

And clearly he ain't coming so far. A new striker coming in should have ready to come in within days of the Armstrong sale. They are other strikers we could be signing by now who would fit into our team..

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You don't know that .He is weighing up his options which is what any other player would do in his position.

We are wasting time on a player who appears not to be here. Mowbray is far too stubborn to move on which we should be doing here. Mowbray hasn't even had talks with him yet. How much longer can we keep waiting? 

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Deadline day will be chaos

Bring it on 😁.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is that good, Chaddy, imo. His pace will transform our attack. I know Dolan is quick but this guy is an actual forward with good movement. I don't mind waiting a bit for us to get it over the line.

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Bring it on 😁.

He is that good, Chaddy, imo. His pace will transform our attack. I know Dolan is quick but this guy is an actual forward with good movement. I don't mind waiting a bit for us to get it over the line.

Well let's hope we don't miss out on other possible strikers cos we refuse to move on from a player who seems reluctant to come here. 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Dream realistic deadline day 

Curtis - 2 mill

obafemi - 2 mill 

loan of lb with centre back ability or other way about 

Brighton winger on loan

id be delighted 

Aren't Preston in for Curtis? 

Is Obafemi still the main target for Mowbray? 

You heard anything from your sources? 

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Dream realistic deadline day 

Curtis - 2 mill

obafemi - 2 mill 

loan of lb with centre back ability or other way about 

Brighton winger on loan

id be delighted 

Wouldn't go anywhere near Curtis. Especially at that price. Friend of mine is a Portsmouth fan and he's desperate to get rid. Only performs half the time and has a terrible attitude apparently. Zero pace too.

• Like 3