BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

• Backroom
59 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You don't know this.  Why state things with certainty you know nothing about?

In fairness, we definitely are looking at returning to the Maja deal in January. I imagine a purchase (because the price will have dropped a bit) rather than a loan.

• Like 2

• Backroom
58 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can you post this certain evidence?

Bit difficult as it was second hand info and verbal; a customer who's son was involved in the original medical. It's how I knew the deal falling through was something to do with insurance for an issue in his back.

38 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Bit difficult as it was second hand info and verbal; a customer who's son was involved in the original medical. It's how I knew the deal falling through was something to do with insurance for an issue in his back.

I'd imagine if it's a back problem in August, it's still a back problem in January...although I'm no doctor.

He looks a decent player though if fit.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

In fairness, we definitely are looking at returning to the Maja deal in January. I imagine a purchase (because the price will have dropped a bit) rather than a loan.

We see. I posted that we are still interested in Maja cos the LT reported our interest this morning. Plus previous comments from Steve Waggott. 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Why aren't we looking at a right-back ? 

I'm sure we will be doing so. Given that Nyambe is out of contract in 8 months time. 

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We see. I posted that we are still interested in Maja cos the LT reported our interest this morning. Plus previous comments from Steve Waggott. 

I think I'll go with @Mike E on that rather than those other shysters.   I'd have to go outside and check if Maggot.said it was raining

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

It was as a result of the Gilliver case that compulsory medical tests were brought in by the football league.  We signed him from Huddersfield Town as a very promising centre forward in the 1960’s. Unbeknown to Rovers he had an existing disc problem. When the dust settled Huddersfield had to repay part of the fee we’d paid. At the time he was being treated by an osteopath/physio that I was a patient of about 15 years later. I understand he later underwent a “ disc fusion “ which limited his mobility. His time at Rovers wasn’t a success.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

England u21. About 3 years ahead. Right now he's playing 1st team football in league 1 so yes much better at the moment.

I didn't word my first question properly. It should have been, Is he a better prospect than Phillips ?

On 05/11/2021 at 18:36, Sparks Rover said:

He's not a prospect.  U21 and first team already....Fleetwood are struggling we should pounce.

LB, CB or RB? Tbh at the moment I'd probably only be interested if he is an RB.

We have two recently signed LBs who we need to get the full measure of. We have tons of CBs, most of whom are young like this lad. I'd only want experience in there right now.

RB is crying out for a recruit though. Nyambe who gets injured and will be off soon. JRC who isn't solid enough defensively and spends 3/4 of a season injured. After that it's whoever Tony feels like ramming in there when the other two are inevitably injured, and nobody has impressed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bluebruce said:

LB, CB or RB? Tbh at the moment I'd probably only be interested if he is an RB.

We have two recently signed LBs who we need to get the full measure of. We have tons of CBs, most of whom are young like this lad. I'd only want experience in there right now.

RB is crying out for a recruit though. Nyambe who gets injured and will be off soon. JRC who isn't solid enough defensively and spends 3/4 of a season injured. After that it's whoever Tony feels like ramming in there when the other two are inevitably injured, and nobody has impressed.

Too late I think mate, Utd, Liverpool and Barcelona are after him.🙄

Edited by Sparks Rover