BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chaddy these types of lists are pointless. We don't have a decent structure behind the scenes when it comes to identifying talent and punching above our weight. 

Load of rubbish we don't have a decent structure behind the scenes. We haver head of recruitment and he has scouts and recruitment analysists in the recruitment team we have at the club. Would you like a list of them?

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If it's true that we are contributing 10k p.w. towards Poveda's wages then by not bringing him in that could have allowed us to offer say Nyambe an extra £5k p.w. for 2 seasons.

Would that in itself be enough to get a deal for him over the line? I don't know but the principle still applies. Our priorities are all wrong and over the last few seasons we have wasted, and continue to waste, money like water.

All depends what their wage demands and agent demands. 

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Lol, Nyambes one of the best RBs in the league.

When Rothwell is firing he's absolutely unplayable.

We should be moving heaven and earth for them.

I am massive Rothwell fan and I would love him to stay but I don't see it happening. 

If neither will sign a new contracts then we need sell and replace them in January. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Load of rubbish we don't have a decent structure behind the scenes. We haver head of recruitment and he has scouts and recruitment analysists in the recruitment team we have at the club. Would you like a list of them?

All depends what their wage demands and agent demands. 

I am massive Rothwell fan and I would love him to stay but I don't see it happening. 

If neither will sign a new contracts then we need sell and replace them in January. 

A structure and a decent structure are 2 different things.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

It's not rocket surgery to realise that the money spent on loans, extended contracts etc would have been better used for signing up and improving the deals of the "contract three"

Why can't the club collectively?

What's rocket surgery ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lol 

Did you not say it didn't matter when we didn't have a head of recruitment in place for what was it? 7 months? Only for you to find out after the fact that we had an interim person in place leading to you pivoting and saying it did matter we had one. 

Anyway, the structure behind the scenes goes beyond recruitment. Put it this way, if we had a good set up behind the scenes , we would be punching above our weight. We are just about punching to the level of our weight. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

He brought 12 players in though Bigdogg so i find it hard to fathom that they wouldnt have let him spend a little bit.

It would have been better getting something for them rather than nothing especially with the position we find ourselves in.

Its foward planning and considering the amount of times he  mentions his plans for the club then as an experienced football man i would expect him to be looking longer term rather than pinning his hopes on the delusions he had of us being a top six squad last season.We did not need to bring 12 players in to finish 15th, half of thrm contributed nothing.

I agree nearly every aspect of the club is sub standard and by no means am i laying all the blame at Mowbrays door here.

Our owners are the major problem here i am not disputing that but at the sametime i understand they are not football people and they pay the people on the ground to run the club on their behalf.With the money they have provided and the money they pay these people they should be getting more for what they are putting in.

For example might be a small thing to you but i live on the street beside the ground ,walk past it everyday and it was utter disgrace the state of it,Rubbish weeds all over the place etc.

To the owners be a trivial matter so im expected to believe our 300k a year ceo has to contact the owners for permission and the money to do something about it.

The owners agree a budget the club work off that budget so i believe the people on the ground are to blame aswell for the situation we are in including Mowbray 

The most suspicious thing is why they have never just forked out the money for a top ceo and a decent manager

I agree the ground had been let run down, but it seems there is a deeper issue with staffing. Saw that with the mess of the pitch last winter. 

Signing 12 players on deals seems to be easier and more palatable to the club to paying fees. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did you not say it didn't matter when we didn't have a head of recruitment in place for what was it? 7 months? Only for you to find out after the fact that we had an interim person in place leading to you pivoting and saying it did matter we had one. 

Blimey still going on about this. We still had scouts and recruitment analysts watching games and scouting players. 

5 months it was before Park was appointed after Harvey left. Did it affect the recruitment process? Probably not. Do you think it did? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey still going on about this. We still had scouts and recruitment analysts watching games and scouting players. 

5 months it was before Park was appointed after Harvey left. Did it affect the recruitment process? Probably not. Do you think it did? 

If not having a head of recruitment for 5 months doesn't affect our recruitment, it's not a very worthwhile job.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rubbish

I don’t think modern managers negotiate on contracts, not normally anyway. They will contact players who they’re interested in, but I think it’s bordering on naive thinking a manager knows where every penny of his budget is going.

I would expect from the Brian Clough’s (see UNDR the Cosh with Glen Little regarding Stan Ternent), but with all the agents, directors and chairmen - from what I’ve read and understand about modern football - these days, managers generally ask a question and receive either a yes or no.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No,we wouldn't have replaced Armstrong either way 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We haven't missed Armstrong's goals so far tho

Not the point. We have been lucky. 

We knew he was leaving for months and failed to replace him. Which is my point about things not functioning properly behind the scenes. We didn't replace the head of recruitment properly for months. At the end of the day we left it to the last second to try and sign a loan, that fell though. It's good that Gallagher ,Dolan and Brereton have stepped up. 

6 hours ago, JBiz said:

I think it’s bordering on naive thinking a manager knows where every penny of his budget is going.

Naive...you are generalising here to be fair....I do know that Mogadon does...he sits there with Maggot like a double act.  Are you saying they don't discuss potential wages they are going to offer a player before any meeting?  Of course they do.  Mogadon knows exactly how much coin he has to spend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not the point. We have been lucky. 

We knew he was leaving for months and failed to replace him. Which is my point about things not functioning properly behind the scenes. We didn't replace the head of recruitment properly for months. At the end of the day we left it to the last second to try and sign a loan, that fell though. It's good that Gallagher ,Dolan and Brereton have stepped up. 

Brereton has step up again 🔵

• Like 1