BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't have information that he is wrong, nor right. Straight loan, loan with an option to buy, loan with an obligation to buy, all speculation and as he didn't sign, totally irrelevant.

Hopefully sign in January 

Edited by chaddyrovers

22 minutes ago, booth said:

We need rid of Poveda and Clarkson in January.

Bring some handy players in for an attack on those play off places.

Yes, two of the worst loans I've seen us make. We should demand our money back!

Van Hecke looks quality through. Khadra is talented but we haven't really figured out what to do with him yet.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Naive...you are generalising here to be fair....I do know that Mogadon does...he sits there with Maggot like a double act.  Are you saying they don't discuss potential wages they are going to offer a player before any meeting?  Of course they do.  Mogadon knows exactly how much coin he has to spend.

I’m not generalising at all, I’m being extremely specific. I would suggest that most modern managers aren’t fully aware of how much (to the pound) they’ve got to spend in wages.

For rovers it seems even more convoluted (or at least did initially under the Rao’s) as there is another layer above the chairmen, and yes or no seemingly sometimes depends on if the players “young, polish-able and sellable” rather than how much they’re available for.

If that wasn’t the case, surely TM would’ve put more of his funds towards defenders?

None of that goes against the manager and chairman discussing what they’ve available, but it’ll be loose figures, not specific - and will either be “yes we can afford x” or “can we get back to you”.

Finally, reckon you could give the humourless “mogadon” and other faux comedy schlock? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes, two of the worst loans I've seen us make. We should demand our money back!

Van Hecke looks quality through. Khadra is talented but we haven't really figured out what to do with him yet.

Out of interest JBN, what’s the combined minute total of both that you allowed before coming to this opinion?

I haven’t been away, but from memory vs Reading, Poveda’s energy and movement helped change the game.

38 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Out of interest JBN, what’s the combined minute total of both that you allowed before coming to this opinion?

Its a commonly held view Biz, for a start 8 people liked that post above! Welcome back anyway.

Don't be like Rovers though , save something for the 2nd half!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I haven’t been away, but from memory vs Reading, Poveda’s energy and movement helped change the game.

Clarkson has played 305 minutes in 6 games for us

Poveda has played 198 minutes in 6 games for us. 

If I had to made a decision right now whether I send them back them to parent club and cancel the loan or keep them. It would be first option and bring in 2 players we can used. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Its a commonly held view Biz, for a start 8 people liked that post above! Welcome back anyway.

Don't be like Rovers though , save something for the 2nd half!

Ideally would’ve like to have seen more already but, as I’ve acquired a luxury cushion for the fence these days, I’d say both deserve more time to judge.

2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

There's no way Clarkson will be sent back,Mowbray wouldn't want to upset his mate Klopp by saying we don't want Clarkson anymore.

To be fair, he’s resisted the temptation to play Clarkson which may tempt Liverpool to recall him (with our consent) and send him somewhere else.

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

To be fair, he’s resisted the temptation to play Clarkson which may tempt Liverpool to recall him (with our consent) and send him somewhere else.

I’d be stunned if another championship club wanted him if they’ve watched him here. He’d look weak in under 16’s football.

20 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Rothwell replacement? Notice John Swift at Reading is out of contract at Reading this summer. He can play but probably out of our range.

One of best players in Championship on current form - no chance we getting him.

• Like 2

On 31/10/2021 at 11:20, JBiz said:

Ideally would’ve like to have seen more already but, as I’ve acquired a luxury cushion for the fence these days, I’d say both deserve more time to judge.

Poveda isn't good enough, Clarkson too young. They both may improve but in the limited time we have them I doubt they'll suddenly become decent championship players here.

53 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Can play anywhere along the midfield according to transfermarket although right mid is his main position admittedly

Last time I watched him the other week he started wide left. Then move into number 10 role. 

Yes he can play anywhere in attacking midfielder roles but he's not a centre midfielder tho

5 hours ago, booth said:

Poveda isn't good enough, Clarkson too young. They both may improve but in the limited time we have them I doubt they'll suddenly become decent championship players here.

Different system, different ideas, different roles potentially bring out something different.

Personally - not hugely expectant, and would’ve preferred Butterworth and Garrett given their opportunities- but I’m not convinced that 500 minutes out of a potential total of 2,880 between them is enough to judge what they’re capable of for the rest of the season.

I know it’s reactive - but Khadra wound me up massively on Saturday with his positioning and game reading, and the stupid freekick he gave away could’ve cost us 2 points - I still think there is some value in having him however. 

Perhaps more when we’re chasing a goal as opposed to holding a lead!

• Like 1