BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Dack is an upgrade on Rothwell if fit, he is our best player so he has to play. Ideally, that would be with Rothwell but sadly Venkys dont have the ambition for that.

I do wonder how Dack will play, I think the worst idea would to play him deep, he needs to be in the final third, not sure 4-3-3 suits him.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack is an upgrade on Rothwell if fit, he is our best player so he has to play. Ideally, that would be with Rothwell but sadly Venkys dont have the ambition for that.

I do wonder how Dack will play, I think the worst idea would to play him deep, he needs to be in the final third, not sure 4-3-3 suits him.

God knows what system Mowbray will use, but I would imagine that there will be no like for like replacement brought in for Rothwell, if he leaves.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He'll be the false 9 that TM is dreaming about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just go 4-2-3-1 with Bucley and Travis in centre midfield, Dack in the 10 role, Brereton and Dolan wide with Gallagher up front. 

Rothwell won't sign a new improve contract he has been offered by the club 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just go 4-2-3-1 with Bucley and Travis in centre midfield, Dack in the 10 role, Brereton and Dolan wide with Gallagher up front. 

Rothwell won't sign a new improve contract he has been offered by the club 

Im not sure that Buckley would suit playing deeper in a midfield 2. His main attribute is winning the ball back higher up and he wouldnt provide the defensive protection in front of the back 4.

Also ideally we can get an upgrade on Gallagher, I think with his inability to bring others into play and link up, he wouldnt get the best out of Dack.

I suspect that Brereton may leave with Rothwell at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure that Buckley would suit playing deeper in a midfield 2. His main attribute is winning the ball back higher up and he wouldnt provide the defensive protection in front of the back 4.

You said the same about Rothwell. Buckley is a natural centre midfielder..

Also ideally we can get an upgrade on Gallagher, I think with his inability to bring others into play and link up, he wouldnt get the best out of Dack.

I was using the current players we had. 

On Dack, let's see how he plays when he back fit but anything from him this season is a bonus and he needs to be ease back into first team football. 

Brereton will be gone this summer if he continues his form..

Rothwell will be gone in January in my opinion

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You said the same about Rothwell. Buckley is a natural centre midfielder..

I was using the current players we had. 

On Dack, let's see how he plays when he back fit but anything from him this season is a bonus and he needs to be ease back into first team football. 

Brereton will be gone this summer if he continues his form..

Rothwell will be gone in January in my opinion

I am not convinced that Rothwell is best suited to playing deeper though. Defensively and off the ball he doesn't convince at all and often leaves gaps, and he doesn't control games from there. His main contributions this season have been in the final third, his runs against Huddersfield and Reading and his goal and assist against Coventry for example.

"You said that about" is not a valid argument either, each player should be judged on their individual merits. If I said that Kaminski is not suited to playing in a midfield 2, would you say the same then? 

Dack was excellent when he got fit last season and was standing out prior to his unfortunate injury. Of course there are question marks but I am excited to see our best player hopefully return.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think there's a chance that in a few years he could really excel in that position, dictating games. Agree that he's not at that point yet though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If Brereton does go at the end of the season it will be for around the same as arma given we have an option on his contract.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack was excellent when he got fit last season and was standing out prior to his unfortunate injury. Of course there are question marks but I am excited to see our best player hopefully return.

I think excellent is a stretch. He wasn't back to his best yet. Now he has had another ACL and is going to be another year older.

I'll be honest, I'm not expecting fireworks from him and it could take months for him to get fully up to speed. I'll also be constantly worried one of his ACLs will go again. Hopefully Mowbray shows sense and takes it slowly with him and maybe we can get the old Dack back. His pace doesn't fully suit our approach though, and could well be reduced further, but no doubting he has quality.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

If Brereton does go at the end of the season it will be for around the same as arma given we have an option on his contract.

I'd expect similar yes but I suspect he may go for a little more, maybe up to 18 ish. Depending on his goal tally end of season. A few reasons:

He is mostly scoring from out wide..if he ends up with an Armstrongesque tally from there it will be very impressive.

He is more of a team player and taller.

He is very marketable in Chile. With the right marketing it could probably cover his salary.

We paid up to 7 million for him, a big risk at the time, so will probably play a bit harder on negotiating and clubs will inherently understand that.

Tiny bit of inflation.

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd expect similar yes but I suspect he may go for a little more, maybe up to 18 ish. Depending on his goal tally end of season. A few reasons:

He is mostly scoring from out wide..if he ends up with an Armstrongesque tally from there it will be very impressive.

He is very marketable in Chile. With the right marketing it could probably cover his salary.

We paid up to 7 million for him, a big risk at the time, so will probably play a bit harder on negotiating and clubs will inherently understand that.

Tiny bit of inflation.

With a decent sell on clause.  100m DIAZ!!

Edited by Sparks Rover

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not convinced that Rothwell is best suited to playing deeper though. Defensively and off the ball he doesn't convince at all and often leaves gaps, and he doesn't control games from there. His main contributions this season have been in the final third, his runs against Huddersfield and Reading and his goal and assist against Coventry for example.

For me, one of the reason he can make these sort of runs and having influence in our attacking play is cos he is playing deeper with Travis and not easy mark by the opposition players. 

I think Rothwell defensively positions in most situations has been right and correcr. 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

as others as said he was far from excellent. He was building up his fitness, IMO over used and we need managed him much better. When he is back we need to take his return slowly and anything from him is a bonus this season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Agree with Chaddy on this one (shock/horror). Rothwell is getting better numbers from deeper - but it has to be in a midfield 3. Dont know many other players in this division that can carry the ball as well as him from deep. I would just ask that he does it more often. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Tiny bit of inflation.

Hopefully he will sign the new deal we have on the table or we even up the deal it would be stupid not to try and do everything to protect the investment. Tho that makes sense fir the club so probably not. Also if I was his agent I'd be saying don't sign anything.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers to look at signing players on pre contracts in January. Hedges from Aberdeen being mention

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1102261431?-11198:839

Why the flip do we want Ryan Hedges? 30 goals in a decade. I appreciate it's not all about goals but come on.

Is he a superstar at providing assists?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Why the flip do we want Ryan Hedges? 30 goals in a decade. I appreciate it's not all about goals but come on.

He isn't striker tho but a wide player. 

We are still looking at signing Josh Maja in January. Depends in his fitness and game time. They are other options out there for me. Maybe alternatively look at signing Toulouse striker Rhys Healey or Sunderland striker Ross Stewart or Everton striker Ellis Simms(on loan) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He isn't striker tho but a wide player. 

We are still looking at signing Josh Maja in January. Depends in his fitness and game time. They are other options out there for me. Maybe alternatively look at signing Toulouse striker Rhys Healey or Sunderland striker Ross Stewart or Everton striker Ellis Simms(on loan) 

I’d be very wary of signing anybody who’s had prolonged back trouble.

• Like 4