BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but Aberdeen's Head of Recruitment (or equivalent) is Mowbray's younger brother. A quick scan on their message board a couple of weeks ago and it seems commonly accepted that he'll be here at some point, either in January or later on a free. Seems very likely that there's truth in it. 

• Like 1

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-blackburn-rovers-among-sides-plotting-manchester-utd-transfer-swoop/

Would Love Jones to come back here and become a talisman and captain fantastic for us! Can't see it happening at all due to the obscenely high wages that he's now used to and obviously his injury and fitness record throughout his career so far has been miserable af! (poor lad 😞 ) 

But I do feel he has unfinished business here(and a point to prove in general) would be great to get him in on loan for the rest of the season, even if we have to wrap him in cotton wool in training he's still head and shoulders above any defender at this club quality wise. shit id even give Mowbray some real credit if he could get him in playing regularly and getting anywhere close to the best out of him.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-blackburn-rovers-among-sides-plotting-manchester-utd-transfer-swoop/

Would Love Jones to come back here and become a talisman and captain fantastic for us! Can't see it happening at all due to the obscenely high wages that he's now used to and obviously his injury and fitness record throughout his career so far has been miserable af! (poor lad 😞 ) 

But I do feel he has unfinished business here(and a point to prove in general) would be great to get him in on loan for the rest of the season, even if we have to wrap him in cotton wool in training he's still head and shoulders above any defender at this club quality wise. shit id even give Mowbray some real credit if he could get him in playing regularly and getting anywhere close to the best out of him.

There’s something in this. Phil has earnt enough money in his career and is desperate to be loved. 

• Like 3

On 09/11/2021 at 09:39, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but Aberdeen's Head of Recruitment (or equivalent) is Mowbray's younger brother. A quick scan on their message board a couple of weeks ago and it seems commonly accepted that he'll be here at some point, either in January or later on a free. Seems very likely that there's truth in it. 

Yep I mentioned that.  I was surprised he didn't come in instead of Jockey

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

At 29 I’m confident Jones still harbours aspirations of top flight football. Not to mention that Utd would need to cover 95% of his wages when they’d get a much better deal elsewhere. Non starter IMO.

yes totally, but on the other hand as things stand they're paying his full salary even though he's not in the clubs plans at all, so sure there must be a big compromise on their part and it's not like Man united are short of money! so taking the occasional financial hit wouldn't be to big a deal for them. 

that said... if he does leave before his contracts up I do think it will be most likely to a prem club or possibly a club abroad on loan

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

This isn't in any way meant to be a dig at Jones - loved him as a player at Rovers and really want his next move to work out, but I never got the sense he was really emotionally connected enough for him to want to make this sort of 'homecoming' move at this stage. I'm sure Rovers was/is his team, but not in the same way that we are for the likes of Dunn, Wharton, Derbyshire etc.

I suppose beggars/choosers when it comes to his injury record, but even if he doesn't get a prem move, I can see a good level European club coming in and being able to offer more in wages than we could. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

This isn't in any way meant to be a dig at Jones - loved him as a player at Rovers and really want his next move to work out, but I never got the sense he was really emotionally connected enough for him to want to make this sort of 'homecoming' move at this stage. I'm sure Rovers was/is his team, but not in the same way that we are for the likes of Dunn, Wharton, Derbyshire etc.

I suppose beggars/choosers when it comes to his injury record, but even if he doesn't get a prem move, I can see a good level European club coming in and being able to offer more in wages than we could. 

We have enough crocks already, and in his position.

• Like 2

For Jones it would have to be on a deal where utd pay all / most of his wages but I think they'd get a better offer elsewhere. We can't afford to be paying wages for someone who might spend a lot of time in the physio room. What are the odds we'd get him and ayala on the pitch at the same time? 

If it was financially risk free, snap him up. If we can get him playing regularly it could be a decent move but I just don't see it happening. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

If Jones came back I'd start to believe that good things can still happen at Rovers. An amazing player for us during a torrid time and his departure was part of the reason we went down. Would be fantastic if he could help get us back up.

Be a bit like when Big Col came back from Manchester.

• Like 3

We need to sort the contract situation of Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell before the start of January transfer window 

Then we need to replacement of those sold and bring in a striker. My choice would be Rhys Healey from Toulouse. 

We need to decide on Clarkson's loan and whether we are keeping him or not. If not then we need a replacement in