BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

End of season awards

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Elliott wins goal of the season 

I think 2 of the 3 goals being Elliott shows this poll was indeed hijacked by Liverpool fans. The Rothwell goal is our real goal of the season for me.

There were several goals far better than the Norwich goal. All he really does when you break it down is beat one man, try to cross and gets lucky with the keeper trying to stop the cross but diverting it into the goal.

• Like 2

Kaminski has had a very good debut season, his main strength is his reliability. I dont think hes kept us in too many games single handily, but the main thing you want is someone you can trust and he is that.

I personally would think that Armstrong deserves it however. You cant argue with his goal record, phenomenal in such an otherwise poor team.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

Player of the Season award should bring more attention to Kaminski and probably put a bit more on his price tag.

Lets remember that we need to sell him this summer unless we can sort a new contract.

Why the hell did he get a shorter deal than Pears?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski has had a very good debut season, his main issue is his reliability. I dont think hes kept us in too many games single handily, but the main thing you want is someone you can trust and he is that.

Are you saying he's got an issue with his reliability....and in the next sentence labelling him as reliable?

Armstrong and Kaminski are the only 2 candidates really. Hard to see any of the others launching even a vague challenge. (Elliott maybe?) Poor do that when you consider that there were 3 or 4 strong candidates the year we got promoted or in any other year of success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Player of the Season award should bring more attention to Kaminski and probably put a bit more on his price tag.

Lets remember that we need to sell him this summer unless we can sort a new contract.

Why the hell did he get a shorter deal than Pears?

Because he isn't from Boro

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Agreed.

I wonder why he hasn't signed a contract extension?

Because he isn't from Boro

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Good question. I know what I think the answer is. Same for everyone else 

I think it benefited him having a short contract. Got him into the English game.  The guy is Belgiums second goalie, or he was....they are no 1 in the world.  He can do better than Ben "the cat" Benson....

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think it benefited him having a short contract. Got him into the English game.  The guy is Belgiums second goalie, or he was....they are no 1 in the world.  He can do better than Ben "the cat" Benson....

Stop splitting hairs. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

4th, behind Courtious, Mignolet and Casteels of Wolfsburg.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mike E said:

How did Armstrong get Junuor POTY at age 24?

i think its the rovers juniors fans, like they have a disabled supportes poty also, who voted for him not he won because of an age bracket

if im wrong its mental but like everything at ewood these days nowt suprises me

Edited by Oldgregg86