BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

No no no - I don't want to be developing any other academies youngsters whilst we have our own great academy.

Why loan players when we have zero ambition for promotion.

The Harvey Elliott loan an absolute waste - what benefit did we actually get? He didn't push us to a top 6 finish, so we should have been developing Dolan who actually we own.

The THB and Branthwaite loans absolutely pointless. Could have developed Carter / Magloire and again we have finish midtable with these loans.

Spot on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

No no no - I don't want to be developing any other academies youngsters whilst we have our own great academy.

Their 18/19 year olds are virtually ready for championship football , ours are light years away.  It depends how you measure the academy if you think it's great.  

My problem is having our professional 20+ year olds out on loan whilst their 18 year olds are in our first team.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The Harvey Elliott loan an absolute waste - what benefit did we actually get? He didn't push us to a top 6 finish, so we should have been developing Dolan who actually we own.

The THB and Branthwaite loans absolutely pointless. Could have developed Carter / Magloire and again we have finish midtable with these loans.

Do you think that if we had Carter/Magloire and Dolan playing instead of Harwood Bellis, that our finishing position would remain unchanged in mid table? Naive.

This idea of "developing our own youngsters" is nice in theory but the 2 loanees are clearly far superior and the problems lie elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I genuinely believe that Mowbray thinks he has us punching above our weight. A reality that he himself is foisting on us.

Oh for a manager who actually has a clue how to organise a team and make use of one of the best and most successful academies in the country.

I hope that the fact he has out-going players on the bench means it’s a last hurrah and he is off but I fear it’s just another two-fingered salute at fans, and we will just limp on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think that if we had Carter/Magloire and Dolan playing instead of Harwood Bellis, that our finishing position would remain unchanged in mid table? Naive.

This idea of "developing our own youngsters" is nice in theory but the 2 loanees are clearly far superior and the problems lie elsewhere.

I think Harwood-Bellis have been good loan signing and maybe Mowbray should have signed him in the Summer instead of Injury prone Ayala. 

But I do think we need to develop our own young players and I don't see why Pike, Burns or McBride wasn't given a few opportunity towards end of the season. 

Carter has developed at Burton and been playing really well there. Hopefully he can play his part in the first team next seaon

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Harwood-Bellis have been good loan signing and maybe Mowbray should have signed him in the Summer instead of Injury prone Ayala. 

But I do think we need to develop our own young players and I don't see why Pike, Burns or McBride wasn't given a few opportunity towards end of the season. 

Carter has developed at Burton and been playing really well there. Hopefully he can play his part in the first team next seaon

My point was that if loanees are better than what we have and as long as we dont have too many, then they shouldny br dismissed purely because they dont belong to us. Obviously things change at the end of a season in which any competiveness has long gone. Harwood Bellis and Elliott have been good signings though.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that if loanees are better than what we have and as long as we dont have too many, then they shouldny br dismissed purely because they dont belong to us. Obviously things change at the end of a season in which any competiveness has long gone. Harwood Bellis and Elliott have been good signings though.

I would agree that Both Elliott and Harwood-Bellis have been good signings. Similar to when Harrison Reed was here but I do agree with you that we shouldn't have too many. 

But we do need to develop our own players and a manager who is brave enough to play them when our 2 first choices are out like the right back situation

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the point is, has HB been any better than Magliore or Carter would have been this season?.  Probably the same but our players would have a seasons experience at this level which should have benefited us.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think the point is, has HB been any better than Magliore or Carter would have been this season?.  Probably the same but our players would have a seasons experience at this level which should have benefited us.  

Definitely. Harwood Bellis has been really impressive, when the other 2 played for our first team they lookdd miles off. You genuinely think all 3 are at the same level? 

Its not as if their development has been stunted, they have been playing at a lower level whilst we have had a better player playing for our first team. That is how it should be. Obviously various other things have not been managed as well.

Edited by roversfan99

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not got a clue, and neither have you.

In fairness sparks Harwood Bellis is younger than both Carter and Magloire and has been involved with the first team at Man City,he is a better prospect by far than Carter and Magloire

• Like 1

For me we need one or two loan players but they must be better then the ones we have and at the same time promote our young ones when ready but the key is when ready

14 hours ago, des said:

For me we need one or two loan players but they must be better then the ones we have and at the same time promote our young ones when ready but the key is when ready

The young ones should go on loan if anyone wants them and Carter magliore come back and get a chance....we shouldn't be bringing these 23s straight in, not good enough and no experience.

I'm seriously worried about next season. 

Think the point is, we probably would have finished 15th or around there with Carter in the side instead of THB, which would have given us an "asset" on our books who would be ready to hit the ground running next season after half a season at this level under his belt already.

As it is, he's still coming back next season as a bit of an unknown quantity at this level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Think the point is, we probably would have finished 15th or around there with Carter in the side instead of THB, which would have given us an "asset" on our books who would be ready to hit the ground running next season after half a season at this level under his belt already.

As it is, he's still coming back next season as a bit of an unknown quantity at this level.

Im not sure that having an inferior player at CB would have left our league position unchanged. 

The idea of loaning a clearly superior CB and loaning out ours to get valuable experience for me was a very logical one, Harwood Bellis was a good signing and the loan that Carter was sent on was a very successful one. The issue was that it was only done in January on the back of signing a solitary centre back last summer after the season started who wasnt fit for purpose.

• Like 3

I think my preference would be for loans like Armstrong with an option to buy, or failing that exceptional talents. Too many youngsters have come here, been mediocre at best to our detriment. Palmer, Brathwaite, Walton - all one way benefit and not in our direction.

I struggle to believe we couldn't buy just as good a quality, albeit probably older, who would last more than one season and be an asset on our books. 

Another issue I have with loans, especially in defence, is there is no continuity or consistency. We've had 2 loan left backs in 3 years, a loan keeper and 3 loan centre halves. Where's the continuity in that? How are they meant to gell as a unit? 

Then as I have said before even the successful ones are of limited benefit. I've said it before but take Tosin over Bauer - over one season Tosin is better. Long term which is better for Rovers, the solid good quality championship centre half. 

The final issue I have with all this is it's sticking plasters over wounds. Plasters they are ripped off every summer. "Defenders are coming" - we've needed them for three years and all for the most part it's been a series of loans meaning the problem is never properly addressed. It's a terrible way to manage a club and the antithesis of the journey we are allegedly on. 

Ahem, rant over. As for who we will sign it will be a few top 6 kids, which to the masses out there will prove what an amazing genius TM is. After all promising game time to youngsters is something that only a really skilled manager could do. 

• Like 4

Looks like THB is quite open to the possibility of coming back here next season. Prior arguments about it stifling developments of our own players aside, I'd be quite happy with that personally, I thought he was excellent once he was played in his proper position.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harwood-bellis-man-city-blackburn-20564352

• Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 22:28, Sparks Rover said:

The young ones should go on loan if anyone wants them and Carter magliore come back and get a chance....we shouldn't be bringing these 23s straight in, not good enough and no experience.

I'm seriously worried about next season. 

Holtby had good things to say about Carter today.

• Like 1