Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

An Open Letter to the Desai Family...


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You’ve got me thinking here. What if the plan had been exactly as envisioned BUT with the purchase of land from the neighbouring Brockhall Farm to enable a bigger single complex that didn’t downsize the total facilities?

Now I’ve said it, I’m amazed it wasn’t the plan.

It was just a cash grab that's why, get the PP and flog it or use the rise in value for external borrowings.

Plan B is now run with a trimmed down cheap wage bill next season and hope for the best by looks of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

You’ve got me thinking here. What if the plan had been exactly as envisioned BUT with the purchase of land from the neighbouring Brockhall Farm to enable a bigger single complex that didn’t downsize the total facilities?

Now I’ve said it, I’m amazed it wasn’t the plan.

I don't think it was Mike, never mentioned by Waggott.

Plus, maybe more tellingly, it was exactly the same modus operandi at Coventry. Reasonably detailed plans for a housing development and promises of a new training ground but absolutely no detail thereof.

In fact at Coventry they didn't even have a site to build a new training ground on which was the reason why Sport England blocked it. I think I'm correct in saying they then tried to wangle it through for a second time by acquiring an OPTION to purchase some land as opposed to the land itself but were blocked for a second time by Sport England.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't think it was Mike, never mentioned by Waggott.

Plus, maybe more tellingly, it was exactly the same modus operandi at Coventry. Reasonably detailed plans for a housing development and promises of a new training ground but absolutely no detail thereof.

In fact at Coventry they didn't even have a site to build a new training ground on which was the reason why Sport England blocked it. I think I'm correct in saying they then tried to wangle it through for a second time by acquiring an OPTION to purchase some land as opposed to the land itself but were blocked for a second time by Sport England.

Utterly frightening.

Is this what football really is? A front for other interests?

It does make you wonder what motivates ex players in particular. We hear often about players struggling financially when they finish playing, and how precarious a job football management is. I expect they have to make money how and when they can. It might even be possible to feel sorry for them - but not at the expense of our beloved club.

Edited by Stuart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully Venkys where watching owner rom Leicester City yesterday, it was encouraging to see him embrace the win and enjoy the celebrations with his players. When covid is sorted in India it would be nice to see the owners return and engage with fans and players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gareth Devlin said:

Hopefully Venkys where watching owner rom Leicester City yesterday, it was encouraging to see him embrace the win and enjoy the celebrations with his players. When covid is sorted in India it would be nice to see the owners return and engage with fans and players. 

They had 10 years pre- Covid to do that and didn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The “fans groups” that are regularly discussed on here are only as strong as the number of fans they can attract.
When one of these groups, - or even all of these groups if they got together, could fill a room of at least hundreds - if not a thousand or more fans for what are seen to be the critical issues facing the club, then they have, in reality, very little influence IMO.

Is there any evidence that merging together would gain them more following? At present I doubt it. Waggott will listen to them and possibly follow through on some of their suggestions, but as for being able to put real pressure on the club, as I say they need to show to the club that they have real backing of thousands of fans. Until then, these groups, while attracting some support, will still be open to public criticism via social media in particular. 
 

Size is important. Getting enough fans onside and in one frame of mind is so difficult. I don’t have an answer.

Edited by den
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alan Shearer on Leicester's cup win :

 

 

"I'm absolutely delighted for the owners because we've heard about owners of football clubs in the last four or five weeks.

"This is how to run a football club. This is how to take part in the area, the community, take part in what the fans need and want.

"They understand that and they've absolutely done that."

 

--------

 

Great for Leicester, how about us though? We have owners who've left us to rot, leaving us with an excuse of a, manager whose stock in trade is excuses. 

Were left in total limbo. Like some horror movie where a victim doesn't get killed straight away but is keep alive so that they can suffer more. 

 

Over ten years now and nothing has changed. Why are they not putting us up for sale? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, den said:

Is there any evidence that merging together would gain them more following? At present I doubt it. Waggott will listen to them and possibly follow through on some of their suggestions, but as for being able to put real pressure on the club, as I say they need to show to the club that they have real backing of thousands of fans.

Agreed, it's all too fragmented to achieve anything. There also seem to be competing factions operating behind the scenes with different aims and objectives. 

Waggott couldn't do a better job of 'divide and conquer' if he tried. 

And Waggott isn't there to accommodate the wishes of the fans either judging by his actions so far, let's be absolutely clear about that. 

An empty ground next season may make the people running the club sit up and listen. 

Boycott Season Tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gareth Devlin said:

Hopefully Venkys where watching owner rom Leicester City yesterday, it was encouraging to see him embrace the win and enjoy the celebrations with his players. When covid is sorted in India it would be nice to see the owners return and engage with fans and players. 

They came over to see the Queen in Blackburn a few days before a match. Then fired off and didn't bother watching their 15 million per year 'baby'.

Just about sums the whole thing up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

They came over to see the Queen in Blackburn a few days before a match. Then fired off and didn't bother watching their 15 million per year 'baby'.

Just about sums the whole thing up.

The weather forecast must have said snow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, den said:

The “fans groups” that are regularly discussed on here are only as strong as the number of fans they can attract.
When one of these groups, - or even all of these groups if they got together, could fill a room of at least hundreds - if not a thousand or more fans for what are seen to be the critical issues facing the club, then they have, in reality, very little influence IMO.

Is there any evidence that merging together would gain them more following? At present I doubt it. Waggott will listen to them and possibly follow through on some of their suggestions, but as for being able to put real pressure on the club, as I say they need to show to the club that they have real backing of thousands of fans. Until then, these groups, while attracting some support, will still be open to public criticism via social media in particular. 
 

Size is important. Getting enough fans onside and in one frame of mind is so difficult. I don’t have an answer.

Devil's advocate mode on:

Arguably it's a disadvantage if

1) You're scared to upset anybody too much because you want a seat on the Board

2) You can't formulate a strong position on anything because you have to canvas the views of thousands of members first.

and

3) You're stymied if the views of those members come back split.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Thinking more and more about the disorganisation behind the scenes under Waggot and it’s even more embarrassing day by day.

New kit supplier unearthed by simple open source research - absolute shit show from the club with no announcement, no advertising and absolutely nothing to show to supporters of the club.

Season tickets - I did a quick bit of research across the EFL, I found at least 43 clubs across the leagues offering season tickets, fully priced and with incentives whereas Rovers another shit show with no announcements, no organisations and not a fucking clue on how to engage with the clubs own support.

Waggot and co, your an absolute  let down, shit show and embarrassment to our great club.

 

 

Bit of a trend developing here isn't there:

"Sorry an Eagle eyed fan unearthed the planning application before we had a chance to announce the plans, it went in sooner than we thought"

"Sorry we have a new kit supplier but we haven't got around to announcing it. The deal started sooner than we expected."

And why can't we announce Season ticket details now we have crawled to safety and now know what division we're in?

Should have been finalised ages ago:

"If we're in the Championship prices are X, if we're in League 1 they're Y".

Edited by RevidgeBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same old same old, everything has to be signed off in Pune but Pune only listens when it wants to.

Only power fat man has is protecting his pal. I had high hopes when they finally appointed a CEO who'd actually done the job before but just seems like another waste of money.  All adding to the debt of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I reckon we are about a month from announcing season ticket prices under this shitshow.

As for the letter this thread is about, well sorry to the writers of it, you've clearly put time and effort in, but it isn't very good. Amongst other things I won't go into, it's just unfathomable to write such a lengthy open letter to the owners right now and not ask for the dismissal of Mowbray or Waggott. Especially frustrating as this seems to be the most publicity fan views have been given in a long time, so an absolutely wasted opportunity.

Spending that energy and opportunity on asking shit owners that make lethargic decisions to stop being shit owners who make lethargic decisions, when they've fired chief execs for questioning them before, is absolutely pointless.

You might as well write to TM and ask him to stop playing strikers on the wing and over-obsessing over possession.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/05/2021 at 21:58, Stuart said:

Presumably, all we really agree on are the name, Blackburn Rovers, the location, Ewood Park (I think), and blue-and-white halves

quarters 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

I can't think of a single aspect of the operation of the club that has improved over the last 10 years. 

A few aspects that have declined:

Integrity.
Attendances.
Squad quality/league position/cup runs.
Management quality.
Board of directors quality.

Bank balance.

Commercial operation. 

Public relations. 
Ticket pricing.

Atmosphere. 
Playing surface.
Ewood Park maintenance.
Catering service.
Merchandise.
Away travel service.

They have been a total disaster and putting all that to the badly advised brigade, would need some explanation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

I can't think of a single aspect of the operation of the club that has improved over the last 10 years. 

A few aspects that have declined:

Integrity.
Attendances.
Squad quality/league position/cup runs.
Management quality.
Board of directors quality.

Bank balance.

Commercial operation. 

Public relations. 
Ticket pricing.

Atmosphere. 
Playing surface.
Ewood Park maintenance.
Catering service.
Merchandise.
Away travel service.

Medical and physio depts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

I can't think of a single aspect of the operation of the club that has improved over the last 10 years. 

A few aspects that have declined:

Integrity.
Attendances.
Squad quality/league position/cup runs.
Management quality.
Board of directors quality.

Bank balance.

Commercial operation. 

Public relations. 
Ticket pricing.

Atmosphere. 
Playing surface.
Ewood Park maintenance.
Catering service.
Merchandise.
Away travel service.

Fanbase togetherness

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/05/2021 at 17:43, MCMC1875 said:

I can't think of a single aspect of the operation of the club that has improved over the last 10 years. 

A few aspects that have declined:

Integrity.
Attendances.
Squad quality/league position/cup runs.
Management quality.
Board of directors quality.

Bank balance.

Commercial operation. 

Public relations. 
Ticket pricing.

Atmosphere. 
Playing surface.
Ewood Park maintenance.
Catering service.
Merchandise.
Away travel service.

I can, TV exposure. 

That chicken advert gave us some really good press and put us on the fastfood map!  I'll also wager more people in india know about us these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.