BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

An Open Letter to the Desai Family...

31 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s indicative of everything that is wrong at the club with the wall of silence in place.

It truly is awful from the club

This is not the Blackburn Rovers we all grew up with.Always a Club with strong local traditional working class values,open,honest and welcoming to the fans...you were always proud to say you supported t' 'owd Blue n Whites.

This Club feels so distant at present..cold,uninteresting and unwelcoming.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 9

There'll be a big charm offensive at some point late summer no doubt.

Their stock is low at the moment with people having lost faith in the manager, the football style and the training ground scam, sorry scheme.

Surely somebody will realize this at some point although it won't be the ownership. Or their messenger boy who is in my opinion nothing more than another arse coverer out for as easy a ride as possible.

Expect a fanfare of trumpets once STs have gone on sale and a few frees have been signed. Big talk again from the manager about history, hard work and integrity, non of which covers up for the previous few years bull.

This is all before we take into account the damage covid might have done as well.

Faith needs restoring but just expect Groundhog day, anything else will be a bonus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I assume the letter gained no response from the club or the owners?

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  We need to forget all this building relationships stuff and focus on forcing them out.  How is another question but there is no point trying to speak to people who will not speak back.  I'd be keen to get on board with helping providing the aim was that, to force Venky's to sell at ANY cost, hell I'd be happy to end up banned from every ground in the UK, provided my actions/antics got rid of them.  I'll burn an indian flag, chuck eggs on the pitch (I think 10000 of us all throwing eggs during a match would be poetic) but nothing will change until we force them to leave. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Big talk again from the manager about history, hard work and integrity, non of which covers up for the previous few years bull.

‘Soldiers and Artists’ was the cracker to top them all from the fella who was actually the Hovis bicycle boy as a kid.

Now I’ve said it, it could well be the new ST brochure tag line - though not sure there will be any ‘artists’ left come August... or ‘soldiers’ come to think of it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Soldiers and Artists’ was the cracker to top them all from the fella who was actually the Hovis bicycle boy as a kid.

Now I’ve said it, it could well be the new ST brochure tag line - though not sure there will be any ‘artists’ left come August... or ‘soldiers’ come to think of it.

His idea of soldiers is foot soldiers not the ones you'd always want in the trenches with you.

Ones who'll be told what to do to the letter even if they keep losing the battles, not answer back and be happy to be thrown in and out depending on the enemy. Without complaining of course.

On 22/05/2021 at 16:57, Ulrich said:

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  We need to forget all this building relationships stuff and focus on forcing them out.  How is another question but there is no point trying to speak to people who will not speak back.  I'd be keen to get on board with helping providing the aim was that, to force Venky's to sell at ANY cost, hell I'd be happy to end up banned from every ground in the UK, provided my actions/antics got rid of them.  I'll burn an indian flag, chuck eggs on the pitch (I think 10000 of us all throwing eggs during a match would be poetic) but nothing will change until we force them to leave. 

Yep. Writing them a letter, which opens with an unctuous para about, we're so sorry about the covid in India, just is not going to get us anywhere. It's gone straight into the shredder. 

Venkys aren't it mate, they're not our betters, they're not on our side, and we certainly shouldn't be thankful to them for anything. 

They're the enemy, and they're hollowing the club out. Some people need to snap out of the Stockholm syndrome

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 4

Throwing eggs may be a decent idea but can we agree not to go down the EDL/BNP mob 'Go back home' route? Can't think of anything more likely to lose all support at every level.

8 hours ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Throwing eggs may be a decent idea but can we agree not to go down the EDL/BNP mob 'Go back home' route? Can't think of anything more likely to lose all support at every level.

Where on earth did you get that from my post? The scousers burnt an American flag in their protests against their previous owners and it got them Fenway, which has worked out well for them. That act got them huge press in the USA and Fenway bought them from it.  Talk about putting words in my mouth and rank bad ones at that.....

14 hours ago, broadsword said:

Yep. Writing them a letter, which opens with an unctuous para about, we're so sorry about the covid in India, just is not going to get us anywhere. It's gone straight into the shredder. 

Venkys aren't it mate, they're not our betters, they're not on our side, and we certainly shouldn't be thankful to them for anything. 

They're the enemy, and they're hollowing the club out. Some people need to snap out of the Stockholm syndrome

Completely agree, nothing will change until we cut out the tumor, Venky's.

Until people, (who are hopefully now a shrinking amount), realise that they weren't badly advised at all and are in it for unknown reasons, that do not benefit the club in any way, then we are up against it.

Just a statement, explaining their reasons for buying us and for continuing to large amounts of money, away with no plan, or method behind it, mighty be a start, as I know of not one fan, who understands all of this.

As you correctly post, this is madness doing this over and over again, as another £x million will be added to the debt next season, rinse and repeat, until they achieve what exactly?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lraC said:

Until people, (who are hopefully now a shrinking amount), realise that they weren't badly advised at all and are in it for unknown reasons, that do not benefit the club in any way, then we are up against it.

Just a statement, explaining their reasons for buying us and for continuing to large amounts of money, away with no plan, or method behind it, mighty be a start, as I know of not one fan, who understands all of this.

As you correctly post, this is madness doing this over and over again, as another £x million will be added to the debt next season, rinse and repeat, until they achieve what exactly?

I think in these situations you need to step back from the detail and just look at the big picture.  Since the day Venky's bought us we have been in a spiral and clearly after 10 years, we will continue to dive further, ergo Venky's must go at all and any cost to save our club.  If people cannot see that and choose other routes then they are part of the issue as trying to build relationships with our destroyers seems foolish and won't cure the issues we face as a club.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Come on mate give it a break with that bollox.It was clear as daylight the point Ulrich was making.

There are enough anti Rovers gobshytes in the football world and media waiting to jump all over any suggestion of possible racism.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lraC said:

I’d say the opposite is true. I hear that well worn line now more than ever.

4 hours ago, lraC said:

I don't disagree with a single word of that.

This time, I made a decision to wait until I hear definitively that there is no response to this letter and, in particular, the approach from Darren Rover's mates before I go full ahead in joining in with a concerted "OUT" agenda....Then, I suspect we have a chance to engage others to that end.....

I suspect we won't have to wait long!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Where is DarrenRover? His ban must be up by now? 😂

He advised that he was ‘done with the site’ forever, so I wouldn’t expect to see him back here any time soon....

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Come on mate give it a break with that bollox.It was clear as daylight the point Ulrich was making.

There are enough anti Rovers gobshytes in the football world and media waiting to jump all over any suggestion of possible racism.

Thank you, by the way 👍

14 days since the letter was posted to India; Venkys London Ltd and Directors at Ewood Park(plus of course Sohail Pasha!). No response as yet. But May is coming to an end and no sign of Season ticket prices either, despite 16 other Championship Clubs announcing theirs, so no rush!!

Tracey Crouch MP has started her   " Fan-led " Review today. The Trust are preparing their submission, but its a painful process remembering all the decline and unfathomable decision-making.

Do remember that its 'our' Club and every day is a step nearer.....................................

• Like 2