BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

#OldShirtsOnTilMowbraysGone

I’m not a bad person, I’m not a bad supporter. I care whole-heartedly about this town and about this club but enough’s enough.

We are being taken advantage of and being taken for fools by the current incumbents. After two desperately disappointing seasons, following the previous 8 years of humiliation, the circus rumbles on with an even lower standard and with even lower targets.

If we choose to, there is the potential for a silent, non-confrontational, low time-investment, low cost protest that carries a symbolic financial impact, the length of which is determined by Waggott or whoever makes the decisions.

The premise is as follows:

Next season’s shirt is not a fashion statement or a collector’s item, it will be a symbol of support for the existing management team.

Buy a ST if you want to but wear an old Rovers shirts until there is a change of manager.

Who’s on board? Does anybody actually care enough to NOT fork out £50+ for a cheaply made replica shirt?

I urge fans who are about to walk away to instead reconsider, be here to support the team but join in with a simple protest. If we cannot unite behind such a simple idea then we are a fanbase lost, and have become mere spectators.

It only hurts the club for as long as Waggott stands by and does nothing. It’s on him/them, not us. It’s even arguable that it only hurts the sponsor depending on what commercial arrangement you believe.

#oldshirtsontilmowbraysgone

• Like 3

Its a nice idea and I dont want to sound dismissive but I just cant see how this would work or indeed make a difference.

In comparison to season tickets, shirt sales are small fry. And with season tickets, I don't think anyone should feel ashamed about wanting to return after the last year, but a dip in sales will be inevitable and organic, yet the owners dont give a shit anyway to notice even if that happens. A total lack of shirt sales is unrealistic anyway unfortunately as we have seen too, whether its people wanting to buy it for their kids or whatever.

Personally, I have not bought a shirt since I was a teenager, I don't understand logically why adults do to be fair, so whilst I do want the manager out and again wont be buying a shirt, there is no difference and thus its not a protest, unsure if you are the same @Stuart or if you would normally buy a shirt?

Great Post and I think it's a brilliant idea Stuart.

If the idea is publicised so enough people know the reasoning behind it and enough people took it up it then it could be really visually effective - turning up in the burnt orange monstrosity from the mid 90's for example.

The only downside to this particular idea would be if we had some exceptionally bad weather and the shirts were only likely to be visible for a few weeks.

Nevertheless I think this is the sort of thinking outside the box we need and we need plenty more clever ideas like this to keep piling the pressure on if nothing changes over the summer.

I think the point Stuart is making is that whilst many fans will understandably Boycott the Club whilst the Coventrio remains one, some fans have said that despite it all they still wouldn't be able to bring themselves not to attend.

This would be a novel way for them to signify their dissatisfaction and we could do with a lot more ideas like it imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think the point Stuart is making is that whilst many fans will understandably Boycott the Club whilst the Coventrio remains one, some fans have said that despite it all they still wouldn't be able to bring themselves not to attend.

This would be a novel way for them to signify their dissatisfaction and we could do with a lot more ideas like it imo.

I'm fine with that, I appreciate fully some fans will return and I hope they give TM hell, I'm just not prepared to be one of them. Lot's of ways to show dissatisfaction.

4 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Not necessarily.

Supporters can boycott season tickets to show their dissatisfaction. That's fine.

Supporters can also turn up and actually voice their dissatisfaction, which I'm sure they will. That's also fine.

Either way, I'm not a fan of this "do it this way or you're not a real supporter". There's too much division and blaming of other fans on both sides. What's wrong with either of the above options? Whatever people feel they want to do, they shouldn't be pigeon-holed by you or anybody else.

Spot on.

As I've posted previously I'm completely torn this time round.

On the one hand I don't  want to endorse the Coventrio.

On the other the less people renew the more it gives Waggott carte blanche to run the Club even further into the ground.

On balance I'm leaning towards renew and oppose.

• Like 3

Easy solution I've posted before.

People who want can still attend, just buy a match ticket but don't buy a season ticket.

If there are no season tickets sold by the time the season starts, surely that's the most powerful message?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

People who want can still attend, just buy a match ticket but don't buy a season ticket.

If there are no season tickets sold by the time the season starts, surely that's the most powerful message?

Over 2k of us will get a discount on our season ticket though, wouldnt that jeopardise that?

• Like 2

Just now, Meesh said:

Supporters can boycott season tickets to show their dissatisfaction. That's fine.

Agreed.

Just now, Meesh said:

Supporters can also turn up and actually voice their dissatisfaction, which I'm sure they will. That's also fine.

It is fine, I haven't said it isn't. Whether there will be dissatisfaction voiced is another matter. 

Just now, Meesh said:

Either way, I'm not a fan of this "do it this way or you're not a real supporter". There's too much division and blaming of other fans on both sides. What's wrong with either of the above options? Whatever people feel they want to do, they shouldn't be pigeon-holed by you or anybody else.

I don't remember saying you're not a real supporter if you buy a ST? But if you do buy one the club will see it as an endorsement of their stewardship of the club.  

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 17/05/2021 at 18:33, Stuart said:

I’m not a bad person, I’m not a bad supporter. I care whole-heartedly about this town and about this club but enough’s enough.

We are being taken advantage of and being taken for fools by the current incumbents. After two desperately disappointing seasons, following the previous 8 years of humiliation, the circus rumbles on with an even lower standard and with even lower targets.

If we choose to, there is the potential for a silent, non-confrontational, low time-investment, low cost protest that carries a symbolic financial impact, the length of which is determined by Waggott or whoever makes the decisions.

The premise is as follows:

Next season’s shirt is not a fashion statement or a collector’s item, it will be a symbol of support for the existing management team.

Buy a ST if you want to but wear an old Rovers shirts until there is a change of manager.

Who’s on board? Does anybody actually care enough to NOT fork out £50+ for a cheaply made replica shirt?

I urge fans who are about to walk away to instead reconsider, be here to support the team but join in with a simple protest. If we cannot unite behind such a simple idea then we are a fanbase lost, and have become mere spectators.

It only hurts the club for as long as Waggott stands by and does nothing. It’s on him/them, not us. It’s even arguable that it only hurts the sponsor depending on what commercial arrangement you believe.

#oldshirtsontilmowbraysgone

I've bought the Red Rose shirt from the FootballTown site for precisely that reason; so I'm not tempted by the club's new kits.

Of course you're not a bad person, Stuart.

We've had ten years of being treated poorly by this awful owners. Keep on treating people for long enough and they'll just walk away anyway.

I think what gives protests power is the united front, if everyone is protesting in the same way. That's why what is so badly needed is for the in-fighting to end. Unfortunately now, a lot of people have walked away, perhaps for good. It really is a sorry situation.

On 17/05/2021 at 19:35, roversfan99 said:

Personally, I have not bought a shirt since I was a teenager, I don't understand logically why adults do to be fair,

Please can you explain your opinion of why you don't understand why adults buy the replica shirts?

Personally, I don't see a problem with it and if I want it, I'll buy it. I'm not going to stop myself from buying and wearing one if it goes against some social norm.

I just like to feel apart of the club and wearing the shirt achieves that for me. I won't be buying the upcoming shirt release however as I think Macron are an awful kit manufacturer.

Looking forward to your opinion though.

13 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Please can you explain your opinion of why you don't understand why adults buy the replica shirts?

Personally, I don't see a problem with it and if I want it, I'll buy it. I'm not going to stop myself from buying and wearing one if it goes against some social norm.

I just like to feel apart of the club and wearing the shirt achieves that for me. I won't be buying the upcoming shirt release however as I think Macron are an awful kit manufacturer.

Looking forward to your opinion though.

Just the extortionate price and the lack of value. I personally wouldnt buy a football shirt unless I was playing 5/6 a side in it, I dont wear them when I go but I get that some like to. But £50+ for a shirt which goes out of date in a year is very expensive.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 13:15, roversfan99 said:

Just the extortionate price and the lack of value. I personally wouldnt buy a football shirt unless I was playing 5/6 a side in it, I dont wear them when I go but I get that some like to. But £50+ for a shirt which goes out of date in a year is very expensive.

Yeah fair enough I understand those points. When I think about it like that I wonder why I pay the money but when it gets released I just think “I want it!” And pay for it regardless. Victim of the marketing campaign I guess.

Thanks for your response.

Edited by Carbz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carbz said:

Yeah fair enough I understand those points. When I think about it like that I wonder why I pay the money but when it gets released I just think “I want it!” And pay for it regardless. Victim of the marking campaign I guess.

Thanks for your response.

5/10

• Like 1

On 17/05/2021 at 21:02, DeeCee said:

The problem is, if you buy individual tickets instead, you're actually giving the club more money. Which is probably all the wanking lube Waggott needs to be in support of it too.

I've always thought that when traveling to away matches supporters should all wear red/black anyway, unless it's an away ground where we can wear our traditional kit.  Even in years the club hasn't made that choice, wearing those colors (colours) every time would send the not so subtle message that those are what we prefer, which seems to be the case amongst the supporter base by a considerable margin.

• Like 1

Not a bad idea, I like the idea of wearing away colours more as above poster said, a bit like manure do with the green and gold scarves. People need to know what the protest is against though, is it Bulletproof Tony and Waggot, or Venkies as well.

I don't understand supporters who just walk away completely, not really supporters in my eyes ( nothing stopping you going away games only). Don't forget it's Our Club and Town, I certainly will not be pushed out of my home town club by clueless owners or employees only there for a wage. 

A protest with a common goal with All fans pulling in the same direction will ask more questions of those at the top. In the unlikely event we do get back to the premiership any time soon I hope those that have walked away for good don't come crawling back. Support for your club should be through good times and bad.