BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Stoke lost £55 million last year, on top of £87 million the year before.

No points deductions or transfer embargoes to be seen.

Depends the reasons are for those losses and whether they all fall with the FFP rules. Infrastructure spending doesn't count. Plus they have lost their parachute payments now

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends the reasons are for those losses and whether they all fall with the FFP rules. Infrastructure spending doesn't count. Plus they have lost their parachute payments now

What infrastructure spending have Stoke incurred in the last few years that would account for losses of nearly £150 million in 2 years?

Parachute income will be factored into those losses, which would have been much higher without that income. Doesn't change anything.

Awkward for you who likes to believe that we are one cash signing away from a points deduction but Stoke, Bristol City and Middlesbrough proving that when you have astute owners and management mega losses don't result in punishments.

Edited by JHRover

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What infrastructure spending have Stoke incurred in the last 2 few years that would account for losses of nearly £150 million in 2 years?

Parachute income will be factored into those losses, which would have been much higher without that income. Doesn't change anything.

Awkward for you who likes to believe that we are one cash signing away from a points deduction but Stoke, Bristol City and Middlesbrough proving that when you have astute owners and management mega losses don't result in punishments.

Although the league table shows that they do result in a lower position in the table.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

What infrastructure spending have Stoke incurred in the last few years that would account for losses of nearly £150 million in 2 years?

Well it's you who mention Stoke so surely you know what is them? 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Aren't we above all those clubs in the league? 

You would rather risk an embargo then run the club financially sound and have strict wage budget like I would. We are meeting FFP rules and that is the right way

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You would rather risk an embargo then run the club financially sound and have strict wage budget like I would. We are meeting FFP rules and that is the right way

The Club is run 'financially sound'? Since when?

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

The Club is run 'financially sound'? Since when?

are we losing the amount money of clubs like Stoke, Etc.? 

Are we in Embargo or got a points deduction like Reading? 

Also aren't we higher in the league than those clubs you mention before? 

We have a wage bill that is sensible and we aren't over spending on wages now. 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2020 figures

Stoke City debt £170m

Blackburn Rovers debt £140m

So yes, at "only" £140m we're a model of corporate governance 

Edited by jim mk2

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You do know we have a huge debt don't you?

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I couldn’t see beyond a comfortable win for Huddersfield at kick off time.

if we can`t get to second place then i hope huddersfield deny bournemouth,bournemouth in the play offs are prime to get beat in the semi finals,they`ll be devasted not to go up automatically and parker won`t be able to gee them back up

A pretty even first half spoiled by both teams diving a lot and the ref falling for it. Forest slightly better but if you believe the Sky pundits it's like watching Man City v Liverpool.

"The rest of the playoff contenders should be afraid of these two."

I don't think so

Edited by 1874
  • Like 3

Forest the better team and also the more competent divers. They are all at it.

Ref yet another centre circle hugger and looks like a modern prefab ref just of the factory line.

SU pretty poor and Sharpe well past it ...... Well if that doesn't produce a goal nothing will.

Ah imagine reaching Wembley after a win down in Bournemouth, that would be some coach journey back home!

I think SU winning is best if not a draw. They’ll be top 6 regardless, so takes Forest out a bit. 

I think we’ll be okay. 1 place up for grabs behind ourselves, Sheff U, Huddersfield and Bournemouth. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Forest's usual wing backs are Spence on loan from Boro and Lowe (ineligible tonight) on loan from Sheff Utd, 2 direct rivals. How is that allowed?

Boro have two assets in Spence and Jones on that side of the pitch. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are losing £20 million a year. On no planet is that financially sensible. Just because some clubs have recently lost more doesn't mean we are sustainably run.

Don't get me wrong - very few clubs in this league are or can be financially sustainable and I'm not suggesting we should try. But please don't make out like our model is clever or sustainable because it isn't.

You seem to miss the point on wages - whether or not it is 'sensible' if it causes us to lose all our assets on free transfers as they head off to rival clubs it isn't good. 

Not sure what current league positions have to do with anything here. 

My original point was that 3 clubs in this division have recently posted astronomical losses way above the magical £39 million over 3 years that is seen on here as the dividing line between manageable and apocalypse embargo/points deduction.

Stoke, Middlesbrough and Bristol City showing that the £39 million thing was a load of codswallop and that if you have clued up owners - Coates, Gibson, Lansdown - they'll find a way to navigate around the rules without sanction.

Meanwhile you seem to prefer that we lose our assets for nothing and spend nothing when 2nd in the league and in with a shot of automatic promotion because it is 'sensible' and avoids these punishments that don't materialise for rivals spending and losing a lot more than us.

Personally I'd have preferred we kept our best players under solid contracts, built a squad capable of challenging and going again next year if we miss out this or seizing the opportunity before us in January. I'm sure those owners above would.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Sheff U 1-0 up, it's getting tighter and a defeat on Saturday and if other results go badly we could be outside the top 6

We simply have to win the three home games on the bounce after Fulham. I know football doesn’t work like that but they’re all more then winnable, we’re at home, 9 points is needed. Hopefully we can get a point (or even more!) to kick things off tomorrow.