BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

For what it’s worth, with the fixtures left, if we did somehow win all 3, I think we’d make the playoffs. 

Problem is we’ve won 2 in 15 is it? So not happening.

15 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

For what it’s worth, with the fixtures left, if we did somehow win all 3, I think we’d make the playoffs. 

Problem is we’ve won 2 in 15 is it? So not happening.

Would probably need a decent goal difference swing as well. I could see both Sheffield United and Luton ending up on 72 points 

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wot no Bucko?? 👀  stats provided by Wyscout...Chaddys fave

20220425_081652.jpg

🎵We've got Richie Smallwood woah-ee-oo, he's the king of Ewood, woah-ee-oo, he nevers gives the ball away!!🎵

I see your man is at No.3 there, good effort. 

Not so much Bucko but Trav we should be worrying about not being even in front of Smallwood at the very least.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

🎵We've got Richie Smallwood woah-ee-oo, he's the king of Ewood, woah-ee-oo, he nevers gives the ball away!!🎵

I see your man is at No.3 there, good effort. 

Not so much Bucko but Trav we should be worrying about not being even in front of Smallwood at the very least.

Yes that’s a very telling statistic. Anybody know what criterion’s we’re used to arrive at that table.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Richie Smallwood, Amari Bell all doing well, anyone would think we aren’t a well coached team…

You only have to watch us trying to do the basics to realise we aren’t a well coached or motivated team. That’s is been my No1 criticism of Mowbray from his first season here. We just don’t do the basics well at all.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You only have to watch us trying to do the basics to realise we aren’t a well coached or motivated team. That’s is been my No1 criticism of Mowbray from his first season here. We just don’t do the basics well at all.

Prime example, throw ins.

Decent sides take them quickly and keep the pressure on. We spend ages faffing about, then end up handing the ball back anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Prime example, throw ins.

Decent sides take them quickly and keep the pressure on. We spend ages faffing about, then end up handing the ball back anyway.

I was looking at some games from the 1970’s the other day, that was noticeable, throw ins were taken almost immediately and from where the ball went out. We spend ages inching up the line just to give the ball away.

When did we last score direct from a free kick ?  Surely one of them is capable of being a threat. Missing penalties etc.

That’s before we get into my main gripe - the lack of running off the ball, taking passes stood still etc.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

51 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wot no Bucko?? 👀  stats provided by Wyscout...Chaddys fave

20220425_081652.jpg

Makes you wonder where on earth have they got them stats from? 

EDIT: I guess per 90 or per mins played or something might look more close?

image.png.1c03c279ae099214cf3034dce949e4c5.png

Edited by Mellor Rover

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Desperate stuff mate....its from Wyscout 

Loads use it for recruitment...chaddy and Joe love it...

I'd like to see the stats behind it then... I saw Danny Drinkwater and Sam Field get rinsed by Dolan for 90 mins at Ewood.

In fact Sam Field came off distinctly second best against a midfield of Johnson and Travis!

23 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I'd like to see the stats behind it then... I saw Danny Drinkwater and Sam Field get rinsed by Dolan for 90 mins at Ewood.

In fact Sam Field came off distinctly second best against a midfield of Johnson and Travis!

Yes mate but that's your opinion and just one game...Dolan rinses nobody apart from himself....

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes mate but that's your opinion and just one game...Dolan rinses nobody apart from himself....

I know, that's why I'm so surprised to see them on there! 🤣

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Any stats for bitching around or kicking the ball away?

Any stats for yellow cards for petulance?

Any stats for not even being able to take a fucking throw in properly?

The list goes on ........

You raise a good point about throw ins. We must be up there for the worst in the league for that. 

The ball boys as well, there's no urgency, and not enough of them. Why don't we have a multi ball system to allow quick throws?