BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am saying that I wouldn't be surprised if he does, and if he does, he will come back with a new contract.

He has been posted on here by Josh that Mowbray is off and has took the players this. Also tied up with Paul and another person info. 

Plus I don't see him going to India after he blown our best hope of promotion. Do you?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

He has been posted on here by Josh that Mowbray is off and has took the players this. Also tied up with Paul and another person info. 

Plus I don't see him going to India after he blown our best hope of promotion. Do you?

Like I said, I personally would be far from surprised if Venkys gave him a new contract. Obviously he shouldn't but Venkys are idiots.

I don't think that he told the players after the Coventry game that he is leaving and I don't think that he has agreed to join West Brom, with Venus telling Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell to join him. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Like I said, I personally would be far from surprised if Venkys gave him a new contract. Obviously he shouldn't but Venkys are idiots.

He has go to India first and has Mowbray repeating new contract talks have taken place

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that he told the players after the Coventry game that he is leaving and I don't think that he has agreed to join West Brom, with Venus telling Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell to join him. 

fair enough. 

I trust Josh wouldn't posted misinformation and does have sources at the club

We heard all this about TM being on the way out last season. Though of course, he now actually has to sign a new offered deal instead of the owners shrugging their shoulders and letting him crack on for another 12 months.

But until I see the infamous corner flag tweet, I’ll be remaining dubious of such gossip.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 19/04/2022 at 01:04, simongarnerisgod said:

did`nt he throw the towel in at coventry because it was to far from the mowbray family home,can`t see him going back to the midlands,though to be honest he can go to the bloody artic circle for all i care

On leaving Coventry: “I came to get this club out of this league and it looks like that’s not possible. We haven’t, ultimately, got the ingredients to do what I came to do so I think someone else needs to have a go at it."

Subsequently said that a club cannot be built on kids and loans.... Which is what he is trying or if you prefer being made to do at Rovers ...

Edited by AllRoverAsia

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

On leaving Coventry: “I came to get this club out of this league and it looks like that’s not possible. We haven’t, ultimately, got the ingredients to do what I came to do so I think someone else needs to have a go at it."

Subsequently said that a club cannot be built on kids and loans.... Which is what he is trying or if you prefer being made to do at Rovers ...

But he hasn’t had all kids and loans at Rovers. 

Several of the ‘kids’ are now established first team players. As far as loans are concerned then yes, we have taken on kids from the Premier League which has generally worked out well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

But he hasn’t had all kids and loans at Rovers. 

Several of the ‘kids’ are now established first team players. As far as loans are concerned then yes, we have taken on kids from the Premier League which has generally worked out well. 

Worded poorly by me. I should have proof read it.

I know he tries to infer we are a young and therefore inexperienced team. We are not.

On 19/04/2022 at 04:09, davulsukur said:

How far away from us were forest when they binned Hughton? They are now 3 places and 7 points better off, with 2 games still in hand on us.

Houghton was binned 16 September 2021 after just 7 games. W-0, D-1, L-6, for 1 point in 23rd position.

At that stage we were 8th on 12 points.

On 18/04/2022 at 22:09, davulsukur said:

How far away from us were forest when they binned Hughton? They are now 3 places and 7 points better off, with 2 games still in hand on us.

If you look at the form table for the last 15 games....

Forest (top of it) have 33 points - scoring 32 goals and conceding 9

Rovers (bottom of it) have 11 points - scoring 8 goals and conceding 15.

So in just 15 games - they've got 22 more points than Rovers and their goal difference has improved by 30 compared to ours.

Amazing what a proper manager can do. Cooper will be a top manager.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If you look at the form table for the last 15 games....

Forest (top of it) have 33 points - scoring 32 goals and conceding 9

Rovers (bottom of it) have 11 points - scoring 8 goals and conceding 15.

So in just 15 games - they've got 22 more points than Rovers and their goal difference has improved by 30 compared to ours.

Amazing what a proper manager can do. Cooper will be a top manager.

That's quite some turn around and equally some collapse by us.

As has been mentioned by a few on here, we only really needed to maintain some average form to stay in the playoffs but hitting rock bottom of the form table over the last 15 games is an almost remarkable effort on our part.

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

That's quite some turn around and equally some collapse by us.

As has been mentioned by a few on here, we only really needed to maintain some average form to stay in the playoffs but hitting rock bottom of the form table over the last 15 games is an almost remarkable effort on our part.

Some sound planning went into that, one example being not buying or loaning a proven striker/goalscorer in January, even turning down loan offers from PL clubs ...... because we don't play with a striker.

This years downward spiral could not have been more impressive had it been planned by the most hateful Burnley fan.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Some sound planning went into that, one example being not buying or loaning a proven striker/goalscorer in January, even turning down loan offers from PL clubs ...... because we don't play with a striker.

This years downward spiral could not have been more impressive had it been planned by the most hateful Burnley fan.

Who needs “ hateful Burnley fans “ when we have the Chicken Chokers.

• Like 1