BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

The age of the squad is a legit thing to mention but they aren't a bunch of novices, many have lots of games despite being young.

Refs have been bad for us yes but they know we are ill disciplined  and the manager started calling them out early in the season.

So, looking at Luton etc just about every myth Mowbray has peddled this season has been exposed - again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The age of the squad is a legit thing to mention but they aren't a bunch of novices, many have lots of games despite being young.

Refs have been bad for us yes but they know we are ill disciplined  and the manager started calling them out early in the season.

So, looking at Luton etc just about every myth Mowbray has peddled this season has been exposed - again.

Our average squad age the last match was something like 0.7 years younger than the championship average. No excuse.

I’m more angry about the inaction from the owners/board than our rather predictable collapse. We should have acted 4 or 5 games ago when we still had a decent shout of making the play offs. They predictably slept at the wheel instead. Just like they did in January when we should have used our position to strengthen or at least brought in a striker. Maybe they don’t care or have no idea about our predicament?? Either way, we’ve blown an excellent opportunity.  I suppose when the chairman is your friend who you got the job for, your job ends up being pretty secure. Laughable situation. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I’m more angry about the inaction from the owners/board than our rather predictable collapse. We should have acted 4 or 5 games ago when we still had a decent shout of making the play offs. They predictably slept at the wheel instead. Just like they did in January when we should have used our position to strengthen or at least brought in a striker. Maybe they don’t care or have no idea about our predicament?? Either way, we’ve blown an excellent opportunity.  I suppose when the chairman is your friend who you got the job for, your job ends up being pretty secure. Laughable situation. 

You’re letting the players off lightly. They’re No1 culprits for me.

5 minutes ago, Gamst said:

tony brought in players during january,as much  as i despise our owners it`s all on him,those players he brought in have done absolutely nothing(markanday is injured so he`s excused)

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’re letting the players off lightly. They’re No1 culprits for me.

Usually I’d tend to agree but there have been times , noticeably more against Blackpool at home, that the players literally didn’t look like they knew where they should be, it wasn’t lack of effort  but complete confusion. That lays at one man’s door. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tony brought in players during january,as much  as i despise our owners it`s all on him,those players he brought in have done absolutely nothing(markanday is injured so he`s excused)

Plus there's absolutely no evidence that Markandy can even play at championship level, might aswell forget that.  Shit window, no ambition.