BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

You raise a good point about throw ins. We must be up there for the worst in the league for that. 

The ball boys as well, there's no urgency, and not enough of them. Why don't we have a multi ball system to allow quick throws? 

I watched Barcelona last night. As soon as the ball goes out, a fresh ball is handed to back to a Barca player pronto, players are immediately in position to receive the ball, the ball is thus quickly back in play and the other team are kept under pressure.

I appreciate that we're dealing with a totally different standard of player, but that's just discipline and coaching IMO.

Chalk and cheese with us.

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Multi ball system? We’ve got FFP to think about!

And if he can’t bothered practicing set pieces or looking at the table then what are the chances he’s going to care about throw ins. He can’t be arsed to find out if he has a job and wage in a few week ffs

• Like 1

Rovers need:

- To beat Bournemouth (H) and Birmingham (A)

And 2 of the 3 below:

- Middlesbrough drop points in any of their 3 games (i.e don’t get 9 points) against Cardiff (H), Stoke (H) or PNE (A)

- Luton lose against both Fulham (A) and Reading (H)

- Sheffield United pick up a maximum of 3 points from QPR (A) and Fulham (H)

Edited by superniko

21 minutes ago, superniko said:

Rovers need:

- To beat Bournemouth (H) and Birmingham (A)

And 2 of the 3 below:

- Middlesbrough drop points in any of their 3 games (i.e don’t get 9 points) against Cardiff (H), Stoke (H) or PNE (A)

- Luton lose against both Fulham (A) and Reading (H)

- Sheffield United pick up a maximum of 3 points from QPR (A) and Fulham (H)

The bottom one also needs a slight goal difference swing.

I don't think they will but aren't Millwall on the same points as us and in with a shout too? Very unlikely but they have a good manager and with Luton up there I don't feel they can totally be ignored. 

Classic Rovers would be for Boro and Sheff to drop points but Millwall outscore us to take 6th... 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I don't think they will but aren't Millwall on the same points as us and in with a shout too? Very unlikely but they have a good manager and with Luton up there I don't feel they can totally be ignored. 

Classic Rovers would be for Boro and Sheff to drop points but Millwall outscore us to take 6th... 

Millwall are sill in with a shout but if Rovers win their last 2 games Millwall would have to win theirs and improve on our results by a 6 goal difference. If Rovers don't win then it's irrelevant as far as we are concerned what Millwall do.

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Could go either way if Bournemouth lose they could get nervy on Saturday but alternatively they will need to win

We'll certainly see what they're made of now! I think they'd have been well up for the game on Saturday anyway, so I'm happy at least they'll be under more pressure (assuming they don't come back to win of course).

46 minutes ago, superniko said:

If Carlsberg did Saturdays a win would see Rovers sneak into 6th and Bournemouth drop down to 3rd!

And we beat them in the play off final if Carlsberg did them. Rothwell scores a hat trick.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, superniko said:

If Carlsberg did Saturdays a win would see Rovers sneak into 6th and Bournemouth drop down to 3rd!

Not it sheff utd win on Friday it wouldn't, then there's goal difference to factor in too...not to mention boro buzzing around, we really could do with them losing tomorrow 

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Not it sheff utd win on Friday it wouldn't, then there's goal difference to factor in too...not to mention boro buzzing around, we really could do with them losing tomorrow 

That's not a Carlsberg Saturday though, that's a shit Friday.

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Yeah obviously. I was factoring that into the Carlsberg Saturday hence us moving 6th 😉

Unfortunately QPR probably the only team worse than ourselves currently so I think we’ll be 6 points adrift come kick off on Saturday…albeit not out of it still. 

Clubs in receipt of parachute payments

Year 1

Fulham West Brom and Sheff Utd

Year 2

Bournemouth

Year 3

Cardiff and Huddersfield

I'd cut it to one year to allow for financial readjustment and make clubs less likely to gamble on promotion straight away

Cardiff only spent one year in prem so only got 2 years payments so 4/5 clubs getting payments are in the top 6 (currently)

Edited by 1874
  • Like 2