BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

On 27/06/2021 at 11:57, JHRover said:

When you look at the dreary names we've had here or linked with the job here and the bungled managerial appointments and compare to how Barnsley operate it is chalk and cheese. Which is why on a fraction of the losses they actually got to the play-offs whereas we plod along wasting millions.

They've done two things in the last week that haven't happened here in a decade and won't happen under these owners.

Firstly they've had their manager headhunted and snatched away from them as he performed so well last year.

Secondly they've responded to that by targeting and lining up a replacement in a matter of days who doesn't come from the washed up or cheap and cheerful brigade.

Barnsley's owners and CEO have a good transfer policy of not signing players over the aged of 24 years old. They know the player markets better than more championship clubs. 

They know the managerial market in Austria and this will be the 3rd manager from there. 

Maybe should approach their CEO to replace Waggott

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Barnsley's owners and CEO have a good transfer policy of not signing players over the aged of 24 years old. They know the player markets better than more championship clubs. 

They know the managerial market in Austria and this will be the 3rd manager from there. 

Maybe should approach their CEO to replace Waggott

Why would he leave there to come here? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plenty of good and logical reasons. But its people like yourself who want to talk our great club down and like we are hopeless club when we really aren't 

We are hopeless. That was my point. Barnsley show how to operate and we are a million miles off it.

This is because of the owners and their goons and not because of Blackburn Rovers, which could and should be so much better.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

We are hopeless. That was my point. Barnsley show how to operate and we are a million miles off it.

This is because of the owners and their goons and not because of Blackburn Rovers, which could and should be so much better.

That's where I disagree Jack thats we are hopeless. Far from it. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plenty of good and logical reasons. But its people like yourself who want to talk our great club down and like we are hopeless club when we really aren't 

Give me one good reason so. Was a simple question. 

Raising the issues of the current set up isn't "talking our great club down" ,it's being realistic and getting your head out of the sand, where yours seems to have been re-lodged of late 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

The only one I see talking the club down on a regular basis is Mowbray.

"Not 1995" "Shearer and Sutton aren't here anymore" etc, etc.

In his mind he would have us think we should be grateful that he's here as the club couldn't possibly survive without him.

The comments in here are very valid, we are a shambles and a shell of what Blackburn Rovers should be.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's where I disagree Jack thats we are hopeless. Far from it. 

I think we are a PL/Championship club in name, facilities, history, reputation - run as a non-league outfit in terms of ownership and management. Other clubs at this level are perhaps Championship or League One in the above but are Championship or above in how they are run.

Sadly for us even with a bottomless pit of cash and thriving academy/brilliant facilities ineptitude from the owners down renders it all pointless.

I'm not sure what makes Pasha and Waggott appropriate people to be running a club of this size or what either has done in earlier life to qualify them for such important positions (other than Waggott being Mowbray's chum).

Pasha - who knows other than the owners 'trust him'. That doesn't mean he is up to the job of doing whatever it is he does.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Say's the poster who until he finally saw the light over Mowbray (2 years too late mind) did nothing but put the club down and quickly shot down any suggestion of possible successors. Even at one point asking why would a manager (I can't remember who it was) would want to come to 'a club in East Lancashire'.

On 25/06/2021 at 20:37, roversfan99 said:

Luton have made the worst signing in the current window by signing Amarii Bell. Horrendous addition.

Just watch him develop into a good player under a decent manager.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Come on third time asking, give one good reason why the Barnsley CEO would leave there to come here 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Give me one good reason so. Was a simple question. 

Like I said plenty of reasons. All fairly obvious to most Rovers fans like a bigger club, PL league training facilities, Ewood Park, wages we could offer, Former Premier League champions, 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'm not sure what makes Pasha and Waggott appropriate people to be running a club of this size or what either has done in earlier life to qualify them for such important positions (other than Waggott being Mowbray's chum).

Pasha - who knows other than the owners 'trust him'. That doesn't mean he is up to the job of doing whatever it is he does.

agree on Waggott. 

On Pasha, from what @J*Bposted before that Pasha runs Balaji Business interests with Babu but doesn't have the power to sack the manager without Balaji authorising it. Whilst I would prefer a CEO on the ground who engages with the fan base, has power to make decisions with authorisation from Balaji, etc its appears thats they will never allow that to happened. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said plenty of reasons. All fairly obvious to most Rovers fans like a bigger club, PL league training facilities, Ewood Park, wages we could offer, Former Premier League champions, 

agree on Waggott. 

On Pasha, from what @J*Bposted before that Pasha runs Balaji Business interests with Babu but doesn't have the power to sack the manager without Balaji authorising it. Whilst I would prefer a CEO on the ground who engages with the fan base, has power to make decisions with authorisation from Balaji, etc its appears thats they will never allow that to happened. 

He's not a Rovers fan though. Also, what does being PL champions have to do with anything? They got into the play offs last season and are more likely to next season. 

The training facilities ,hardly a reason for a CEO to leave. The current set up don't even think they are fit for purpose. 

Bigger wages didn't exactly help us last season, did it? 

Barnsley are miles ahead of us currently ,in all the metrics that matter. 

The only reason he would come would be for more money and then he would have to weigh up all the issues here, that any supporter who currently follows the club should be well aware of. Amateur set up. 

Any word on a head of recruitment yet? Over 5 months now since they knew the last guy was leaving. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

He's in his office "mmm I was going to base my career on logic, operating in a functioning system that is delivering results above and beyond what was expected, but you know what Blackburn rovers were PL champions in 94/95 so, I mean, thats reason enough to ignore the possibility that working for arguably the worst owners in England is a huge risk!. I'm in" 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are correct, it is a great club. Excellent infrastructure including a stadium and a training ground left by Jack Walker, and history to be proud of.

Sadly for over 10 years, it has been stained by those cunts in India and continues to be. Hence why a club like Barnsley is a brighter prospect at the moment than us. 

It makes your repeated acceptance of incompetence all the more curious though when you clearly know how great our club can be.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You are correct, it is a great club. Excellent infrastructure including a stadium and a training ground left by Jack Walker, and history to be proud of.

Sadly for over 10 years, it has been stained by those cunts in India and continues to be. Hence why a club like Barnsley is a brighter prospect at the moment than us. 

It makes your repeated acceptance of incompetence all the more curious though when you clearly know how great our club can be.

Who says I accept it? Cos I dont keep repeating it daily or weekly just to keep up my post counts. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Can't believe I'm defending Chaddy here but the reality is that anybody who attends Ewood or pays for iFollow or spends any money in the club shop is accepting and supporting the Venkys ownership of the club through their actions. Leaning toward being optimistic or pessimistic on a message board is neither here nor there and to be fair at least Chaddy did get there eventually in wanting Mowbray out. For all the good it did.

There's no other alternative but to boycott anything Rovers-related if one wishes to refuse the "acceptance" of the owners and, as the Venkys are going nowhere, that's ultimately a futile gesture that just hurts the club (in a tiny way).

There are no winners when it comes to being a Rovers support of Venkys, there isn't any single thing the fans have done since 2010 has been anything other than fruitless and in vain. Venkys have done just what they want to do, continue to do just what they want to do and will carry on doing just what they want to do. We're a hollow shell of what we were and arguing amongst ourselves is sheer irrelevance. It all feels so fatalistic as a Rovers fan, because fatalistic it is.

The BRFC we know has been in a coma since 2010 and will not be revived until (if?) Venkys leave this club.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Can't believe I'm defending Chaddy here but the reality is that anybody who attends Ewood or pays for iFollow or spends any money in the club shop is accepting and supporting the Venkys ownership of the club through their actions. Leaning toward being optimistic or pessimistic on a message board is neither here nor there and to be fair at least Chaddy did get there eventually in wanting Mowbray out. For all the good it did.

There's no other alternative but to boycott anything Rovers-related if one wishes to refuse the "acceptance" of the owners and, as the Venkys are going nowhere, that's ultimately a futile gesture that just hurts the club (in a tiny way).

There are no winners when it comes to being a Rovers support of Venkys, there isn't any single thing the fans have done since 2010 has been anything other than fruitless and in vain. Venkys have done just what they want to do, continue to do just what they want to do and will carry on doing just what they want to do. We're a hollow shell of what we were and arguing amongst ourselves is sheer irrelevance. It all feels so fatalistic as a Rovers fan, because fatalistic it is.

The BRFC we know has been in a coma since 2010 and will not be revived until (if?) Venkys leave this club.

I suppose you are right in that it is neither here nor there. I also dont think that boycotts, protests or indeed anything we do make any difference whatsoever sadly.

Him defending under performing mamagers or deluding himself into expecting proactive recruitment etc again as you say is irrelevant, and I cant argue with much of what you say in regards to the misery that Venkys have and will continue to inflict on us.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suppose you are right in that it is neither here nor there. I also dont think that boycotts, protests or indeed anything we do make any difference whatsoever sadly.

Him defending under performing mamagers or deluding himself into expecting proactive recruitment etc again as you say is irrelevant, and I cant argue with much of what you say in regards to the misery that Venkys have and will continue to inflict on us.

I'm at the stage where I don't give a f... about how we do next season when I think about it. Completely numb. My first Rovers game was in '85 under Bobby Saxton, so it's not as if I'm a neophyte when it comes to supporting the club. I think Mowbray is the seventeenth manager in my time and, to be fair, I don't blame him or anyone at Ewood for the malaise and death of soul that Rovers now suffer. It all comes from thousands of miles away in India.

I'd love to be a Blackpool, a Bolton or a Wigan. They have their clubs back. We won't until the loons from Pune are out of our club. Let's just hope there's a BRFC left then and we are more like those clubs mentioned above and not more like Bury FC. Another proud Lancashire club.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2021 at 16:42, rigger said:

I am hoping for a season were we lose more players through suspensions, than injuries. Lets scare teams.

Well given how injury prone our defence is we would need a heck of a lot of cards to make this happen! We'd need to permanently play with 10 men.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Scott Parker left Fulham to join Bournemouth as their next head coach. 

With Fulham appointing Silva

Fulham got the better of this deal. Parker is overrated as a coach who had been bailed out by a very strong squad (for this level). 

Mind you Bournemouth have made some poor managerial decisions since Howe. Appointing the number 2 never works, and then the guy who took Boro to near relegation. And I think they are continuing this trend with the appointment of Parker. 

• Like 1