BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

21 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d try any of the u23s before offering Richard Keough a contract . Was average in his prime and terrible now

No way should we be looking at signing Keogh. Wasn't even average in the prime and he is bloody awful now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No way should we be looking at signing Keogh. Wasn't even average in the prime and he is bloody awful now

Bit of an insult to his career that, there’s no way I’d have wanted us to sign him now but Prime Keogh would walk into our back line. He was a decent enough championship centre half in his day. 

• Like 8

On 18/07/2021 at 18:42, Stuart said:

A reasonable piece ruined by the final couple of paragraphs.

We are in the state we are on Mowbray’s watch. The idea that no other manager could do better is a fallacy.

Agree that that bit jarred, but I think his point he was trying to make was that Venky's would ruin it for any good manager, rather than Mowbray is as good as any manager. Don't agree with his point, though. Other managers could do better with our squad than Tony. Even under Venkys. 

Not sure that many could have done worse last season, tbh. Even Owen bloody Coyle would have had us in a similar position with that squad!!! The football would have been better to watch, too...

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

In his prime he would have walked into any of our teams over the last 10 years.  A top defender at this level and his cv shows that. 

How have you even watched him recently to say he's bloody awful? Do you subscribe to Huddersfield games?

For a top club at this level now, no he shouldn't be a realistic signing, fast forward a few months though and we would probably be glad of him, when the inevitable bare bones defense is rolled out. As happens EVERY season.  

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In his prime he would have walked into any of our teams over the last 10 years.  A top defender at this level and his cv shows that. 

How have you even watched him recently to say he's bloody awful? Do you subscribe to Huddersfield games?

For a top club at this level now, no he shouldn't be a realistic signing, fast forward a few months though and we would probably be glad of him, when the inevitable bare bones defense is rolled out. As happens EVERY season.  

Id have him ahead of ayala any day of the week ....soft arse is Ayala 

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Id have him ahead of ayala any day of the week ....soft arse is Ayala 

I know what you're getting at for sure, but everyone fit at this point I would go for Ayala. Lenihan and a fit Keogh 5 years ago would have been fairly robust and physical. You wouldn't be playing out from the back though! 

It'' be very interesting to see how many games Ayala plays this season. If he gets injured again here he is done you would imagine.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Barnsley look to have made a clever, well thought out appointment as their new manager. The joys of being well run

Having said that I would bet anyone that the "dinosaur" Mick McCarthy and the new Barnsley manager will both lead their clubs to higher league finishes than us. Anyone care to take that bet? 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Barnsley look to have made a clever, well thought out appointment as their new manager. The joys of being well run

Having said that I would bet anyone that the "dinosaur" Mick McCarthy and the new Barnsley manager will both lead their clubs to higher league finishes than us. Anyone care to take that bet? 

What odds are you giving ?

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

What odds are you giving ?

Hope you take his money. 

Barnsley have just lost their CEO to Forest recently and if Venkys had tried I think we could have appointed here. 

Who knows on how the Barnsley manager will turn out but they have lost their best player Alex Mowatt to WBA. 

on Cardiff and McCarthy? have they signed many players we would want here?

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope you take his money. 

Barnsley have just lost their CEO to Forest recently and if Venkys had tried I think we could have appointed here. 

Who knows on how the Barnsley manager will turn out but they have lost their best player Alex Mowatt to WBA. 

Race to the bottom in your book. Who's the least shit.🙄

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What gives you that idea? In looking at what he did at Barnsley the bloke is clearly very competent. In nearly 11 years with Venky's we have had one competent CEO (who they inherited) and he resigned after 3 months of them. No competent CEO is going to want to work at a football club that is so dysfunctional and chaotically run as ours. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope you take his money. 

The Barnsly owner knows exactly what he is doing and a new CEO has been appointed, Khaled El-Ahmed, who is already briefed and experienced in how the club need to be operated. I wouldn't be too worried about them and to be honest their new CEO looks very impressive.

It took them 1 week after the resignation of their previous CEO and no Agency insight. A very will run operation.

With Cardiff, it isn't about what players we would want of theirs, for them it's about the right players being brought in for them to be get promotion and be competitive. Last year I don't think any of us wanted any Barnsley player and yet now there would be several we would be interested in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope you take his money. 

Well as it stands we’ve not signed anyone and I can’t say I’ve seen who Cardiff have signed but I guarantee regardless of who they’ve brought in they will be solid and organised and tough to beat, they’ve only lost 3 from 22 under Big Mick, class manager at this level. There’s no way we will finish above Cardiff this season with Mowbray in charge I’d put my house on it.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, phili said:

The Barnsly owner knows exactly what he is doing and a new CEO has been appointed, Khaled El-Ahmed, who is already briefed and experienced in how the club need to be operated. I wouldn't be too worried about them and to be honest their new CEO looks very impressive.

It took them 1 week after the resignation of their previous CEO and no Agency insight. A very will run operation.

With Cardiff, it isn't about what players we would want of theirs, for them it's about the right players being brought in for them to be get promotion and be competitive. Last year I don't think any of us wanted any Barnsley player and yet now there would be several we would be interested in.

I would took Alex Mowatt or Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley last summer. 

Yes Barnsley are well run and sign players to a plan. 

17 minutes ago, phili said:

Just looked him up. What an impressive background.

Joins from the City Football Group.

Graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a masters in business administration and management.

Worked all around the world in scouting and management positions.

Recruited immediately after the departure of his predecessor after a thorough process.

And we've got Waggott. Mowbray's mate.

We are so far off the level it is untrue.

• Like 6

It seems that Steve Cooper is leaving Swansea shortly from his role there and some of his staff are going with him accordingly to this article. 

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55298/steve-cooper-the-final-days-are-here

Which Club is he joining? 

He has the same agent as Mowbray I believe. Is this correct @Miller11?

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It seems that Steve Cooper is leaving Swansea shortly from his role there and some of his staff are going with him accordingly to this article. 

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55298/steve-cooper-the-final-days-are-here

Yep.

E20227B1-E268-4DFD-BFFF-A0C3C9D09495.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lol. Are you genuinely suggesting that there is a chance he would leave Swansea to come here? 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont work yourself up, there is no chance of him coming here. Stuck with Mowbray.

no one said he was coming here but since our first game of the season is Swansea at home and its appears that they are going to lose their very good manager in Steve Cooper before that game and it will leave them with a problem and could help us. Hopefully he does leave and we can win that first game

Look like Steve Cooper is leaving by end of the week

Leaving cos he has falling out the board over this summer transfer policy, selling of key players, Lack of January money tom buy Woodrow from Barnsley(source the Athletic online paper).