BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't think we will. If the weather is bad, I don't think all 6000 season ticket holders will turn up, With the pricing structure I don't think we will get 1000 walk-ons.

Spot on.  If it was £20 adults, £10 kids no more schemes, I'd bet we would increase our gates.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Spot on.  If it was £20 adults, £10 kids no more schemes, I'd bet we would increase our gates.

imo it should never be more than that.  that is a fair price for the league were in, the area and the football served up

• Like 8

10 hours ago, rigger said:

I don't think we will. If the weather is bad, I don't think all 6000 season ticket holders will turn up, With the pricing structure I don't think we will get 1000 walk-ons.

I'm seeing a return to 1989 gates finally in this one with about 7k home fans but the away following will send it above 10 again.

Been predicting it will happen eventually and here we are Waggot will finally have tipped it over the edge.  Some achievement that is and it's the only legacy he'll leave here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I see Sky are showing Championship games at 8pm on a Saturday night this season.

Good luck to the Sheff United fans getting the train back from Swansea at 10pm tonight.

I think more and more fans will be watching games in pubs than going to grounds

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

I see Sky are showing Championship games at 8pm on a Saturday night this season.

Good luck to the Sheff United fans getting the train back from Swansea at 10pm tonight.

Yes I think its been showing cos Sky wanting to show the Brentford vs Arsenal game. Don't think its will be regular thing

• Like 1

Surely this must be the earliest stage ever for a season that no teams have maximum points. Just 2 games in and 4 points in the benchmark. Just goes to show what a competitive division it is and how the right investment and quality in the right position (with the right manager) can get you promoted. We of course have neither.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Surely this must be the earliest stage ever for a season that no teams have maximum points. Just 2 games in and 4 points in the benchmark. Just goes to show what a competitive division it is and how the right investment and quality in the right position (with the right manager) can get you promoted. We of course have neither.

But we have got four points and a positive goal difference

I wonder how long Preston North End with stick with Frank McAvoy as head coach there? Risdale and Hemmings gave him the job but Preston North End problem is they lack a goalscorer and have done for years. Until they sign one they will struggled. Was very surprised they never moved for Derek Adams in the summer but they went for McAvoy. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if Huddersfield change head coach and replace Carlos Corberan. Their signings don't seem to fit with the tactics and style they want to play there. Has Corberan done any better than Danny Cowley did they? I would say no and think their owner and chairman made a massive mistake by sacking Cowley and replacing him with Corberan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder how long Preston North End with stick with Frank McAvoy as head coach there? Risdale and Hemmings gave him the job but Preston North End problem is they lack a goalscorer and have done for years. Until they sign one they will struggled.

They just signed Jamie Thomas from Brig🤣 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder how long Preston North End with stick with Frank McAvoy as head coach there? Risdale and Hemmings gave him the job but Preston North End problem is they lack a goalscorer and have done for years. Until they sign one they will struggled. Was very surprised they never moved for Derek Adams in the summer but they went for McAvoy. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if Huddersfield change head coach and replace Carlos Corberan. Their signings don't seem to fit with the tactics and style they want to play there. Has Corberan done any better than Danny Cowley did they? I would say no and think their owner and chairman made a massive mistake by sacking Cowley and replacing him with Corberan. 

McAvoy did a very good job as a caretaker manager but it happens so often, a caretaker comes in, does well leaving the club little option but to appoint permanently and the good run isnt sustainable. Suppose it happened here with Bowyer.

Preston have never had a goalscorer for years but usually have a number of experienced Championship midfielders/wingers all contributing decent amounts each, the likes of Browne, Johnson, Barkhuizen and Sinclair, the latter 2 may be hindered by attempts to play 2 up front and wing backs. I suppose quite a few teams in this league lack a goalscorer, us included.

Huddersfield are absolutely shit, they could really struggle.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

McAvoy did a very good job as a caretaker manager but it happens so often, a caretaker comes in, does well leaving the club little option but to appoint permanently and the good run isnt sustainable. Suppose it happened here with Bowyer.

Very difference as Bowyer wasn't on the 1st team staff when Kean, Berg and Appleton was sacked. McAvoy wasd Neil number 2, 

Preston a head coach selection process but was anyone else interview for the job before his appointment

Preston have never had a goalscorer for years but usually have a number of experienced Championship midfielders/wingers all contributing decent amounts each, the likes of Browne, Johnson, Barkhuizen and Sinclair, the latter 2 may be hindered by attempts to play 2 up front and wing backs. I suppose quite a few teams in this league lack a goalscorer, us included.

Still no number 9 striker since Hugill left there. 

Huddersfield are absolutely shit, they could really struggl

I agree cos of their squad is awful despite Rhodses being there 

I didn't realise that Paul Gallagher had retired and is now a first team coach at Preston. I thought that he'd be a Scotland international regular for years, when he first broke through at Rovers, but, earned only the one cap. Meanwhile, central defender/left back, Jay McEveley got three caps.

Edited by riverholmes

21 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I didn't realise that Paul Gallagher had retired and is now a first team coach at Preston. I thought that he'd be a Scotland international regular for years, when he first broke through at Rovers, but, earned only the one cap. Meanwhile, central defender/left back, Jay McEveley got three caps.

Gallagher lacked that burst of pace to be a top striker, he was always a clever footballer though.

• Like 1