BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

I'm really fearing for the team this season, after three games in which we've conceded so many chances and, in two of those games, been dominated. We have some capable individuals that might ensure we stay up but I see us finishing lower than 15th this year. The formation being used by the management is irrational and self-defeating. That would be bad enough but to add to that, there is also a lack of defensive desire and discipline in the team. Consider the Rovers player that attempted to block the volleyed first West Brom goal. I think it may have been Rothwell but I'm not sure. The player appears to shrink in fear even before getting into a position where he might block the shot. It's something that would barely be acceptable in playground football.

I don't see the loan additions strengthening us. I see them as adding greater confusion to Mowbray's thinking and leading to more alterations to the line-up, reducing continuity and organisation yet further. A case in point is that, regardless of the fact Clarkson did quite well, Harry Chapman has been looking exceptionally motivated and also on form in substitute appearances. If Dolan was dropped, he had to start.

From memory, we tend to struggle against Boro and Luton and I think we'll get a maximum of 1 point from those two and we'll soon find ourselves in a more realistic league position.

Edit: Forgot the Forest game that we won. A couple of set-pieces did it for us, so, perhaps, that is also another positive in our favour, with Pickering, in particular, weighing in with some assists that way this year to avoid the relegation mire.

Edited by riverholmes

@riverholmes despite thinking TM is useless and our squad is paper thin for me the start of the season has left me more optimistic. Not of doing anything - goodness we don't do that when we have a strong side or budget - but if staying up. 

All the worries you share are true and it is a marathon not a sprint but the start of the championship has seen us already pick up 7 points - far more than I expected. More importantly there is some utter dross and totally crap teams in there to help keep us afloat. Sure you shouldn't be relying on there being three worse teams but it's been that way for a number of years for us. And I am convinced that there are three worse teams than us.

Preston are persevering with a caretaker manager in the permanent position which never works. I think that Neill probably showed how good a manager he was keeping them as high as he did, which combined with the current incumbent's ineptitude leaves them in a worrying situation. Derby have a shockingly thin squad this year and a poor manager, needing a helping hand from Covid to keep them up last season. Huddersfield look gash. Forest have the look of a club where things are deeply wrong. And that's just off the top of my head. Will be interesting to see if any of last year's promoted teams suffer second season syndrome too. Oh yes and Swansea seem to put style above substance which won't end well either. 

All in all as poor as we are I feel a bit more optimistic of our chances of survival having seen the poor fare on offer in the championship. Not much to be happy about, and we can't keep relying on this - one year the great escape won't happen. But for this year I feel we might not do terribly. 

Disclaimer I am NOT saying that we will do well mind! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blue blood said:

@riverholmes despite thinking TM is useless and our squad is paper thin for me the start of the season has left me more optimistic. Not of doing anything - goodness we don't do that when we have a strong side or budget - but if staying up. 

All the worries you share are true and it is a marathon not a sprint but the start of the championship has seen us already pick up 7 points - far more than I expected. More importantly there is some utter dross and totally crap teams in there to help keep us afloat. Sure you shouldn't be relying on there being three worse teams but it's been that way for a number of years for us. And I am convinced that there are three worse teams than us.

Preston are persevering with a caretaker manager in the permanent position which never works. I think that Neill probably showed how good a manager he was keeping them as high as he did, which combined with the current incumbent's ineptitude leaves them in a worrying situation. Derby have a shockingly thin squad this year and a poor manager, needing a helping hand from Covid to keep them up last season. Huddersfield look gash. Forest have the look of a club where things are deeply wrong. And that's just off the top of my head. Will be interesting to see if any of last year's promoted teams suffer second season syndrome too. Oh yes and Swansea seem to put style above substance which won't end well either. 

All in all as poor as we are I feel a bit more optimistic of our chances of survival having seen the poor fare on offer in the championship. Not much to be happy about, and we can't keep relying on this - one year the great escape won't happen. But for this year I feel we might not do terribly. 

How depressing. Cheers Mogadick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Didn't know where to put this. Northern rail have one pound tickets on sale. I booked today Preston to Barnsley for the 18th Sept. It cost four quid, return .

Nice one. I’m going to Blackpool for £2. 

Jokanovic seems to be getting frustrated with Sheffield United lack of transfer signings. He already sounds fed up there. I don't think their squad has enough pace and skill for him and his tactics. But will he adapt or make enough signings for his tactics to work

Frustrated Slavisa Jokanovic tells Sheffield United it is time for transfer market action | Yorkshire Post

I expect after Saturday's Championship games are done, Most championship clubs will be into over drive mood to get in their transfer targets and move players out. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jokanovic seems to be getting frustrated with Sheffield United lack of transfer signings. He already sounds fed up there. I don't think their squad has enough pace and skill for him and his tactics. But will he adapt or make enough signings for his tactics to work

Frustrated Slavisa Jokanovic tells Sheffield United it is time for transfer market action | Yorkshire Post

I expect after Saturday's Championship games are done, Most championship clubs will be into over drive mood to get in their transfer targets and move players out. 

I’ve got a feeling it was them that enquired about kaminski

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't Mowbray say the interest from Europe? 

Aren't Sheffield United after QPR keeper Dieng?

Dont know.  Just know the keeper they started the season with has been shocking, they put wes foderingham in for the last game and with ramsdale leaving for a decent fee then interest in kaminski from nowhere i put two and two together and thought it might be them that had an interest

On 24/08/2021 at 07:08, Blue blood said:

Summary of this post----a slow death rather than a quick one.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 15:49, bazza said:

Bristol City lost at home to Swansea tonight. BBC reporting that they have played 12 home games without a win; the longest run in their history.

And to think I was advocating Pearson to replace Mowbray not too long ago. Surely he will turn them around. Surely.

Never liked Pearson.

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

He is probably wishing he worked for Venkies right now, job be safe.

forest`s owner,some madcap greek fellow, is notorious for sacking his managers,hughton is 1/100 to get the boot if  forest lose today,mowbray is next in line to take over (desperate hope i know but this is what it`s come down to🙂)

WBA were allowed three times yesterday to dry the ball for long throws using clothing thrown from their fans. Yet the ref prevented our kit man, also against WBA (but irrelevant), to pass a towel our keeper. 

Think the EFL should look into this. It they are to dry the ball use a towel provided by the club. Nothing should be thrown in from the crowd. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

WBA were allowed three times yesterday to dry the ball for long throws using clothing thrown from their fans. Yet the ref prevented our kit man, also against WBA (but irrelevant), to pass a towel our keeper. 

Think the EFL should look into this. It they are to dry the ball use a towel provided by the club. Nothing should be thrown in from the crowd. 

Surely there must be something whereby the use of a towel has to have the agreement of both teams & be available for the use of both teams? @arbitro Tony, can you shed any light on this mate?

Also, the thing that pissed me off the most, was the amount of time they are being allowed to dry the ball. I thought he was trying to rub the pattern off it at one point! Refs really need to clamp down on that aspect of it.